Author Topic: DUmmies on Free Republic, hit with a 2 iron  (Read 646 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
DUmmies on Free Republic, hit with a 2 iron
« on: January 30, 2012, 10:04:19 AM »
arely staircase

free republic

now there is an interesting DU meta-theme. it has been described here as our evil counterpart, our inverted doppelgänger. my hat's off to those who go over there and report back, because i just can NOT bring myself to give such a thing a hit.

and if any DUers are going there and causing trouble i am sure it is done much more cleverly than the hamfisted stuff they usually do here. even though i got punked by one last night, he was soon unmasked.

LINK

Old and In the Way

1. Curiously misnamed forum.

It's "free" to join, but you pay for the constant bombardment of begging ads that owner runs...

Continued:

...And your freedom to post is contingent on reflecting exactly the ideas of the funder and various JR forum sycophants that populate it. Say anything that is non-conforming to the official site groupthink and you're "zotted" (banned) immediately. They don't take kindly to free-thinkers at the Free Republic. I think "The Jim Robinson Mindhive" would be a more honest representation of the level of discussions there.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 12:06:07 PM by Rebel »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: DUmmies on Free Republic, hit with a 2 iron
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 10:31:47 AM »
Hmmm, they don't see the similarities at all, do they?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 10:36:31 AM »
taken from the DU terms

Democratic Underground is an online community for politically liberal people who understand the importance of working within the system to elect more Democrats and fewer Republicans to all levels of political office. Teabaggers, Neo-cons, Dittoheads, Paulites, Freepers, Birthers, and right-wingers in general are not welcome here.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 02:08:31 PM »
I don't know, Murray Mom (I think that's her name) was there for ages. Of course, she didn't try to pretend to be conservative, I think that's key. Obnoxiousness will get you zotted more than an alternative view. But it's a private forum, Jim can run it with whatever rules he wants. And I don't need a gold star to have extra privileges.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 04:05:04 PM »
I'd bother going to FR if they'd do away with that ghastly board interface and join the rest of the world in the 21st C.

When your board interface sucks more than the DU's - it should be a sign right there.