Author Topic: Longer boats are coming to get us... (kentuck)  (Read 2087 times)

Offline thundley4

Re: Longer boats are coming to get us... (kentuck)
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 07:35:27 PM »
That there is the biggest difference between the conservative and liberal philosophies. Conservatives believe that direct, local help is much more effective than the nameless, faceless bureaucrats.

It comes down to this...Why, after almost 50 years and countless billions of dollars, has the War on Poverty been a total failure?

Assuming that it's goal was to end poverty or at least minimize it, then it is a failure.  However, if it's goal was to create a permanent bloc that votes for the DemRats, then it is a huge success.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 08:13:48 PM »
Why, after almost 50 years and countless billions of dollars, has the War on Poverty been a total failure?
Democrats are far more interested in their War on Wealth.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 08:14:28 PM »
Longer boats. Maybe I not getting it? Whats the analogy? I know a night of long knives, but never heard about "longer boats." Vikings sailed in long boats. Are longer boats...worse?

Its there some cultural meaning to this that I'm just missing?
I was wondering the same thing, thought maybe it was a reference to slave ships but who knows.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 08:16:54 PM »
We got plenty of "long boats" here in Norfolk DUmmy. Come get them. :bird:
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 08:17:09 PM »
I thought it was a 'Jaws' reference, but I only read the headline. 

"I think we're going to need a bigger boat."
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 04:31:12 AM »
TC, H5.

I have a story that happened to me once.  One day, I was going up I-87 and I saw two teenagers with a sign that indicated that they were hungry and needed a ride to get somewhere.  God was speaking to me, as I pulled off at the next exit and went to a McDonald's.  I got two sets of food (hamburgers, fries, Cokes) and headed back down the Northway.  I found them and picked them up, giving them the food.  They ate quickly and told me that all they really wanted was to be taken to a church off one of the exits here in CP--they knew that they could get more help there.  I left them in the care of that church.  Never mentioned that to anyone.  I figure that God sees what is done in secret . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2011, 04:57:06 AM »
Every time I try to give food to some one asking for help they tell me they want money!  I'm giving them my lunch out of my lunchbox! I don't have money I tell them but I have a home to go to so they can have my lunch. I know they just want a bottle.
  One time on Christmas day I was working and entered the basement of an apartment building and found this homeless guy that was sitting there. He had some candles lit and a little table set up with an old ham bone and some stale bread he got out the dumpster he told me. I gave him $40 all I had in my wallet and told him to go get a real meal. I'm sure he went and got a weeks supply of cheap hooch. I try!
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 05:01:26 AM »
True charity is done without fanfare, without media, and without spotlights.  No accolades are given, nor expected.

My wife and I call the local homeless shelter several times a year, asking them what they are in the most need of, usually cleaning and personal hygiene products.  We'll load the back of our Jeep with several hundred dollars of products, along with canned foods and sometimes something she has made (she gave a man who couldn't speak a quilt she had made.  His eyes light up every time he sees us, as he holds up the quilt and smiles).

We don't call the local paper or radio station to make a public plea about the plight of the homeless.  We don't petition the government for some "program" for the latest cause de jour.  We "JUST DO IT!"

DUmmies lie, all the time.  DUmmies lie.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 06:08:15 AM »
Well that was enough to set me on a google searchOK, I've never done drugs, but I think you need them to pull meaning from this crap.
and didn't Cat Stevens turn muslim and get himself on a no fly list for supporting terrorists?

Yeahhhhh. What we have here is another pointless primitive wrangling verses from a druggie in a vain attempt to look all cool. Fail.
I think the song is about missionaries when they first landed on the Hawaiian islands trying to convert the natives at the same time they were apparently taking advantage of the young native girls. Just Cat Stevens bashing religion before he became a member of "The Religion Of Peace" ::)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 07:19:40 AM »
Liberals are always generous with others money to fund a union company to provide charity to the poor. About 28 cents of every dollar goes to the poor.

IIRC Sheriff VP Biden gave all of $200 in his 2009 taxes.  The Clintons tried to write off USED underwear they gave to Goodwill.  Liberals lie, they lie all the time. particularly about their charity to the less fortunate.

That really chafes my ass.

We are not rich. We're not poor, but money is tight around here these days, especially with a baby on the way. We still manage to give money to our parish, donate clothes and food, and money to other charities-more than a paltry $200 a year. How much money does he have? And he's supposedly a member of the party that is for helping the poor and downtrodden? Really?

Joe Biden ought to be ASHAMED. He disgusts me.  :censored:

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 08:04:11 AM »
"They have no sympathy for their fellow man"

Horseshit.

It is a well documented fact that conservatives have always been more charitable than "progressives".
I could cite innumerable examples to back this up and of course the left would balk at those as being biased so I offer an example from their own camp, penned by a progressive academic-
http://www.campusprogress.org/articles/who_cares

This is because Democrats think it's the government's job to take care of people. They think a Democrat politician forcefully taking money from a citizen to dole out to another citizen is somehow charity. Case in point, how many people have helped the Homeless Bobblehead? Sure, they all TALK about it, but not one of those f'ers has lifted a finger to help it.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2011, 08:56:00 AM »
This is because Democrats think it's the government's job to take care of people. They think a Democrat politician forcefully taking money from a citizen to dole out to another citizen is somehow charity. Case in point, how many people have helped the Homeless Bobblehead? Sure, they all TALK about it, but not one of those f'ers has lifted a finger to help it.

But, OTOH, what has happened to those DUers who have offered to help the worthless Bobbolink?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2011, 09:03:15 AM »
Yes, DUmmy...the "skei" are coming for you and your kind...
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2011, 02:10:15 PM »
"They have no sympathy for their fellow man"

Horseshit.

It is a well documented fact that conservatives have always been more charitable than "progressives".
I could cite innumerable examples to back this up and of course the left would balk at those as being biased so I offer an example from their own camp, penned by a progressive academic-
http://www.campusprogress.org/articles/who_cares

“if liberals and moderates gave blood at the same rate as conservatives, the blood supply in the United States would jump by about 45 percent.”

Well ya really got to give 'em a pass on this one as who the hell would want their drug and disease saturated, blood in the first place?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2011, 02:14:26 PM »
The longships will never come for them...what kind of plunder would old pizza boxes and empty Cheetos bags make?  Not even a decent fight in the lot of them, either.  And their 'Women' - let's not even go there.

:thor:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2011, 02:31:52 PM »
kentuck  (1000+ posts)        Tue Mar-08-11 04:09 PM

Longer boats are coming to get us...

...hold on to the shore.

It is sad that people hate each other. Some people say they don't "hate" anyone, they just hate their ideas and their policies. And they don't care too much for their shoes and haircut either...

I really and truly do my best not to hate the Republicans but it has become more and more difficult not to digress to those primitive emotions.

Do you know what I mean??

They lie. They all lie. But their lies do more damage to those that are sometimes the neediest than do Democratic Party lies. Repubs would take the nickels off a dead man's eye. They have no sympathy for their fellow man. They have not evolved to a full human yet - at least, in mental capacity.

So we wait for the longer boats...

You betta run, whitey!!!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApxnAr6pRt0[/youtube]
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2011, 02:34:54 PM »
TC, H5.

I have a story that happened to me once.  One day, I was going up I-87 and I saw two teenagers with a sign that indicated that they were hungry and needed a ride to get somewhere.  God was speaking to me, as I pulled off at the next exit and went to a McDonald's.  I got two sets of food (hamburgers, fries, Cokes) and headed back down the Northway.  I found them and picked them up, giving them the food.  They ate quickly and told me that all they really wanted was to be taken to a church off one of the exits here in CP--they knew that they could get more help there.  I left them in the care of that church.  Never mentioned that to anyone.  I figure that God sees what is done in secret . . .

Yes He does.  Good job.   :clap: