Author Topic: Longer boats are coming to get us... (kentuck)  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

Longer boats are coming to get us... (kentuck)
« on: March 08, 2011, 03:48:38 PM »
link

To the camps, then:

kentuck  (1000+ posts)        Tue Mar-08-11 04:09 PM
Original message
Longer boats are coming to get us...

...hold on to the shore.

It is sad that people hate each other. Some people say they don't "hate" anyone, they just hate their ideas and their policies. And they don't care too much for their shoes and haircut either...

I really and truly do my best not to hate the Republicans but it has become more and more difficult not to digress to those primitive emotions.

Do you know what I mean??

They lie. They all lie. But their lies do more damage to those that are sometimes the neediest than do Democratic Party lies. Repubs would take the nickels off a dead man's eye. They have no sympathy for their fellow man. They have not evolved to a full human yet - at least, in mental capacity.

So we wait for the longer boats...

Edit: Sorry Tess. I was trying to copy the info into a new post.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:31:33 PM by Rebel »

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Longer boats are coming to get us... (kentuck)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 03:50:36 PM »
.....those primitive emotions.....

Hmmm.

One wonders if the bluegrass primitive reads us.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 03:55:36 PM »
Repubs would take the nickels off a dead man's eye. They have no sympathy for their fellow man.

Really?  I arrested a homeless man on some outstanding warrants yesterday.  On the way to the jail I asked when he last had food.  He told me it had been a few days.  I literally drove through the Wendy's drive-thru with a handcuffed prisoner in the backseat and bought him a meal.  When we got to the jail, I let him eat his food.  Our jail staff then led him to the shower, where he was allowed to get cleaned up.  They took his filthy clothing and washed it in the washing machine used normally for jail jumpsuits.  I made certain that this down-trodden man was well taken care before I walked out of that jail.

My dad, when I was young, took us kids to Burger King.  Outside the restaurant was an old, homeless black man.  My father invited him to dinner with us and bought him anything he wanted off the menu.  All that man wanted was a fish sandwich.  My entire 17 years in law enforcement I've bought a meal to each and every homeless person I've had to handle in the course of my duties.  I always let them order anything they want off the menu.

And I've voted Republican my entire adult life.

Now who lies?

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 04:04:59 PM »

Really?  I arrested a homeless man on some outstanding warrants yesterday.  On the way to the jail I asked when he last had food.  He told me it had been a few days.  I literally drove through the Wendy's drive-thru with a handcuffed prisoner in the backseat and bought him a meal.  When we got to the jail, I let him eat his food.  Our jail staff then led him to the shower, where he was allowed to get cleaned up.  They took his filthy clothing and washed it in the washing machine used normally for jail jumpsuits.  I made certain that this down-trodden man was well taken care before I walked out of that jail.

My dad, when I was young, took us kids to Burger King.  Outside the restaurant was an old, homeless black man.  My father invited him to dinner with us and bought him anything he wanted off the menu.  All that man wanted was a fish sandwich.  My entire 17 years in law enforcement I've bought a meal to each and every homeless person I've had to handle in the course of my duties.  I always let them order anything they want off the menu.

Now who lies?

A primitive would never just simply take your comment at face value. They'd demand some sort of empirical evidence to corroborate your story and, when presented with it, they would attempt to twist and corrupt your the honesty of your intentions.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 04:12:08 PM »
TC I don't care whatca think about Lincoln, you got a H5.

P.S.   I love Wendys.     O-)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 04:35:48 PM by Wineslob »
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 04:13:42 PM »
TC I don't care whatca think about Lincoln, you got a H5.

and H5 for what you do think about Lincoln... :fuelfire:
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 04:16:30 PM »

You know, sir, is that a cop thing?

I know of three instances these past couple of years where county deputy sheriffs (who start off at circa $20,000 a year here) picked up drifters on the highways, and before taking them to the homeless shelter in the big city, stopped by to get the individual a hamburger, fries, and a Coca-Cola somewhere.

Out of their own pocket.

The deputies aren't reimbursed for this.

And yeah, they're all Republican, conservative Republican.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 04:26:56 PM »
"They have no sympathy for their fellow man"

Horseshit.

It is a well documented fact that conservatives have always been more charitable than "progressives".
I could cite innumerable examples to back this up and of course the left would balk at those as being biased so I offer an example from their own camp, penned by a progressive academic-
http://www.campusprogress.org/articles/who_cares

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 04:29:15 PM »
Yes, a lot of us do this.  Man, you have to have compassion for people in this job.  We're not all the hardasses you read about when people complain about having a bad experience with a power hungry cop.  We know how far down people can fall in their lives because we're in the trenches dealing with them.

And yes, most cops are die-hard Republicans because the RNC is harder on crime than the DNC.  

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 04:29:30 PM »
+1 TC.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 04:31:59 PM »
A primitive would never just simply take your comment at face value. They'd demand some sort of empirical evidence to corroborate your story and, when presented with it, they would attempt to twist and corrupt your the honesty of your intentions.

A primitive would accuse him of trying to poison the homeless people with fast food.

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 04:34:16 PM »
It is a well documented fact that conservatives have always been more charitable than "progressives".

I see that with my own eyes.  I've alluded to it in the past, but I'll expand on it a bit here.  I do a lot of charity work.  I always have.  For many years I volunteered with the Special Olympics Texas.  Obviously most of the other volunteers were conservatives because they, too, were police officers.  I now volunteer 40 hours a month at a domestic violence shelter in Dallas where I mentor children affected by violence in the home.  At this particular facility, just about every person that volunteers there is a conservative.  Most of them are the "evil" rich wives who don't have regular jobs.  Do they do it for the recognition?  Absolutely not.  I see these fine ladies stuffing envelopes and doing menial jobs like making solicitation phone calls.  This particular organization has no recognition program for its volunteers.  These fine ladies do their volunteer work and go home.  They don't tell anyone they do it.  Guess what?  All conservatives.

Sorry, but I get a little pissed when people accuse us of not being compassionate people when I see the compassion from conservatives every day.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 04:34:53 PM »
and H5 for what you do think about Lincoln... :fuelfire:

:-)
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 04:35:14 PM »
Of course, if TC ran across bobolink and offered her some food, she'd spit it back in his face because it wasn't the cowboy ribeye with a lobster tail from Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, served to her in her own 5 bedroom, 9 bathroom, 7000+ square foot mansion.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 04:51:40 PM »
I see that with my own eyes.  I've alluded to it in the past, but I'll expand on it a bit here.  I do a lot of charity work.  I always have.  For many years I volunteered with the Special Olympics Texas.  Obviously most of the other volunteers were conservatives because they, too, were police officers.  I now volunteer 40 hours a month at a domestic violence shelter in Dallas where I mentor children affected by violence in the home.  At this particular facility, just about every person that volunteers there is a conservative.  Most of them are the "evil" rich wives who don't have regular jobs.  Do they do it for the recognition?  Absolutely not.  I see these fine ladies stuffing envelopes and doing menial jobs like making solicitation phone calls.  This particular organization has no recognition program for its volunteers.  These fine ladies do their volunteer work and go home.  They don't tell anyone they do it.  Guess what?  All conservatives. It's of course not about recognition, it's just the right thing to do.

I have a cousin who is a Capt. with the Sheriff's Dept in Florida (apart from going out of their way to ensure the children of the protesters during the Terry Schiavo drama had food & water each day in the Florida heat where their parent's had dragged them) they guys in his Dept. remember where they have been through he year. They see a lot of needy kids in their line of work and when Christmas rolls around they go back to some of those addresses and give toys to those needy kids. No TV News cameras, no press release, etc. Just the guys in plain clothes on their own time and on their own dime. They don't forget.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 08:45:29 PM by TVDOC »

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 04:58:15 PM »

Now who lies?

That's a great thing, don't ever change.

:cheersmate:

H5
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 05:10:30 PM »

They see a lot of needy kids in their line of work and when Christmas rolls around they go back to some of those addresses and give toys to those needy kids. No TV News cameras, no press release, etc. Just the guys in plain clothes on their own time and on their own dime. They don't forget.

Funny you say that.  I run a Santa Cop program where I do toy drives all over Dallas to collect toys for needy children.  The week of Christmas, Santa Cop and his elves (uniformed police officers), deliver the toys to children forced to spend Christmas in a domestic violence shelter.  2010 was our second year of the program and it never hit the media.  We don't do press releases, we just do the toy drives.  This year we provided for over 300 children. 

Oh, and with the cash we collected, we purchased Wii systems for all 5 domestic violence outreach centers.  It's easy to bribe kids into counseling if they have a cool Wii system to play with.  :)

Here is Santa Cop (me) in action last December.  I blurred out my patch to protect myself from DUmmies.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 05:19:45 PM »

Yet they believe the wildest bouncy tales without question. It all has to do with maintaining democrat bona fides.

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 05:20:39 PM »
Yet they believe the wildest bouncy tales without question. It all has to do with maintaining democrat bona fides.

Damn, I shoulda done this as a bouncy.  I'll try next time.  :D

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 05:21:21 PM »

Aka, "Shared delusional system."
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 06:45:34 PM »
Longer boats. Maybe I not getting it? Whats the analogy? I know a night of long knives, but never heard about "longer boats." Vikings sailed in long boats. Are longer boats...worse?

Its there some cultural meaning to this that I'm just missing?

Offline jukin

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 06:45:54 PM »
Liberals are always generous with others money to fund a union company to provide charity to the poor. About 28 cents of every dollar goes to the poor.

IIRC Sheriff VP Biden gave all of $200 in his 2009 taxes.  The Clintons tried to write off USED underwear they gave to Goodwill.  Liberals lie, they lie all the time. particularly about their charity to the less fortunate.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 06:48:15 PM »
Longer boats. Maybe I not getting it? Whats the analogy? I know a night of long knives, but never heard about "longer boats." Vikings sailed in long boats. Are longer boats...worse?

Its there some cultural meaning to this that I'm just missing?

It's a Cat Stevens song from circa 35 years ago, maybe even earlier.

I have no idea the "meaning" of the song.

You sir, asked franksolich a question about the only musician he knows anything about.

The only one.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 07:10:28 PM »
Well that was enough to set me on a google search
(Longer boats are coming to win us
They're coming to win us, they're coming to win us
Longer boats are coming to win us
Hold on to the shore, they'll be taking the key from the door.)

Hold on to the shore, they'll be taking the key from the door.

I don't want no god on my lawn
Just a flower I can help along
'Cause the soul of no body knows
How a flower grows... Oh how a flower grows.

Mary dropped her pants by the sand
And let a parson come and take her hand
But the soul of no body knows
Where the parson goes. Where does the parson go?

[Additional verse performed in live version of this song:]

Raise your mind up and look around
You can see them, yes they're looking down
From a lonely asteroid, in a vacant void.
Dyin', but not destroyed.
OK, I've never done drugs, but I think you need them to pull meaning from this crap.
and didn't Cat Stevens turn muslim and get himself on a no fly list for supporting terrorists?

Yeahhhhh. What we have here is another pointless primitive wrangling verses from a druggie in a vain attempt to look all cool. Fail.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:15:03 PM by Mr Mannn »

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 07:26:13 PM »
That there is the biggest difference between the conservative and liberal philosophies. Conservatives believe that direct, local help is much more effective than the nameless, faceless bureaucrats.

It comes down to this...Why, after almost 50 years and countless billions of dollars, has the War on Poverty been a total failure?
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies