Author Topic: I did not buy car insurance and wrecked my car today. Then I called State Farm a  (Read 3282 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
KansasVoter 

I did not buy car insurance and wrecked my car today. Then I called State Farm and offered to pay for insurance retroactively and they refused. That does not seem fair to me!!! State Farm SUCKS!!!

Have no doubts, the overwhelming majority of primitives would have things be this way given the opportunity.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Reality vs DU

DUmmie timber84 is a classic feelings and emotion first type liberal.

timber84 (1000+ posts)             Mon Oct-04-10 10:24 PM
Response to Reply #26
33. No one deserves to lose their home over $75. Period.

I'm surprised and utterly shocked by what i am reading on this board tonight.

KansasVoter   (1000+ posts)             Mon Oct-04-10 10:28 PM
Response to Reply #33
38. Please use your brain for a small time.......

If 1000 people in the county outside of the city pay $75 then they fire dept has money to fund their service.

So, if the 1000 people KNOW the fire dept will put out the fire anyway, then no one will pay.

Then there is no fire dept and all 1000 people are at risk.

Does any of this logic work on you????

Oh stop with with reality!  This is an outrage!

timber84 (1000+ posts)             Mon Oct-04-10 10:36 PM
Response to Reply #38
46. Logic?

Letting a families home burn down for $75? Yep that sure as shit is logical isn't it?

KansasVoter   (1000+ posts)             Mon Oct-04-10 10:38 PM
Response to Reply #46
50. LOL....I give up. Pray for no fires must work for you!

timber84 (1000+ posts)             Mon Oct-04-10 11:15 PM
Response to Reply #50
68. No I pray you find some ****ing compassion.

We can solve the worlds problems with love and understanding!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 06:41:31 PM by Reality vs DU »

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
I was thinking the same thing about the car insurance analogy when I heard about this story.
Of course the DUmmies probably think car insurance should be free as well.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline soleil

It's the same for an ambulance. Rural Metro is the contractor for both. If you don't pay for ambulance service with the fire protection, you are charged if you ever need one. I've never paid for ambulance insurance. It's covered in homeowners and auto. Maybe health too. If you don't have some type of personal insurance policy that will cover the cost, you are sent a bill.

They will come after you if you don't pay too.

Wow! I am all for paying what you owe, but damn that seems over-the-top.

I mean, let's just say I have these same fees, taxes, whatever, if I call 911 I expect a response regardless of whether or not I am up-to-date on my pay. It is just the humane thing to do. People fall in hard times. I am not giving them a pass for not paying, but when it comes to paying your bills when you are in hard times, these things are last on the list. Food, shelter, water, heat-AC come first. And with the econmy as it is, I can see this happening. Not cool. At all.

And I do not equate a housefire with car insurance AFTER the fact.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 08:51:40 PM by soleil »

Offline zeitgeist

It just busts my balls that I pay over $5K a year in property taxes and that barely covers trash pickup and snow plowing about 10 days out of the year.

{truncated rant}

All I can say is if the bad guys show up, shoot first, call for cleanup afterwords.

You know about your neighbor over the border in Maine, right?  Lebanon has no police department, they use the county sheriff.  Think the Tennessee FD model.  You go thieving over there you are far more likely to catch a lead headache than you would in other more traditionally protected towns.  Lots of wide open space and plenty of armed folk who will shoot anything that moves, animal, vegetable or stop sign.

"County dispatch"

"there is a man breaking into my garage"

"we will have a sheriff by in about half an hour"

"better send an ambulance too, the wife told him to halt but he started to run so she plugged him"

"ok"   :lmao:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
You know about your neighbor over the border in Maine, right?  Lebanon has no police department, they use the county sheriff.  Think the Tennessee FD model.  You go thieving over there you are far more likely to catch a lead headache than you would in other more traditionally protected towns.  Lots of wide open space and plenty of armed folk who will shoot anything that moves, animal, vegetable or stop sign.

"County dispatch"

"there is a man breaking into my garage"

"we will have a sheriff by in about half an hour"

"better send an ambulance too, the wife told him to halt but he started to run so she plugged him"

"ok"   :lmao:

That's pretty much where I'm at.  I live a couple miles from the Rite-Aid that has been robbed TWICE in the past two weeks.  Yeah, I'd love to run into one of those oxycontin-riddled assholes trying to break into my house to hide.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Due to my occupation, heh, the response time to my house is a little better than most. They're afraid they'll have to send the coroner, and it costs more money for the county during the investigation if there's a corpse! lol!

Actually, the only time they've been out to the Ranch, is when I left my wallet in the jail. They had a Deputy run in out to me!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
How many threads do they have over there about that fire?  Sheesh!   :thatsright: 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline AllosaursRus

How many threads do they have over there about that fire?  Sheesh!   :thatsright: 

We see this every time they think something should be provided to them free of charge!

What I find amazing, is they can't get it thru their thick skulls, this is O'Bumblercare in a nutshell!

Offline zeitgeist

We see this every time they think something should be provided to them free of charge!

What I find amazing, is they can't get it thru their thick skulls, this is O'Bumblercare in a nutshell!

Also they can't get through their thick skulls this is exactly the same way union thugs behave, they condone that behavior because the ends justify the means.   :thatsright:   (not to say the FD in this case was union btw as I have no idea)
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline AllosaursRus

Also they can't get through their thick skulls this is exactly the same way union thugs behave, they condone that behavior because the ends justify the means.   :thatsright:   (not to say the FD in this case was union btw as I have no idea)

Don't get me started on worthless union  employees! I've seen way more than my share when their own hall couldn't keep 'em workin'! They'd come to me to pay the bills.

I shit you not, when it rained, they would draw a three foot circle in the dirt, and if more than a dozen raindrops fell within the circle, they wanted the day off! "That's how we do it in the "union"", they would moan!

They never got what they wanted of course. I always told them that was why God invented Rain Gear. I have to admit, it might have been cheaper on my bottom line if I'd sent them home! If you disagree with the pricks, my granddaughter could out work them, but I made them as miserable as I could!!

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
Due to my occupation, heh, the response time to my house is a little better than most. They're afraid they'll have to send the coroner, and it costs more money for the county during the investigation if there's a corpse! lol!

Actually, the only time they've been out to the Ranch, is when I left my wallet in the jail. They had a Deputy run in out to me!
The only reason I carry the .9mm is to get me to the good stuff in the safe. :-)
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline I_B_Perky

THEN, if you go into town with so much as an interior light missing, they pull YOU over and write you a ticket for improper equipment.

Most cops are OK, but the small town ones can be 1st rate jackasses.

You got that right, DD!!! Can't remember how many times I got nailed for going 2 MPH over the limit... usually coming down a steep hill. For those small towns it's all about money... not to mention the $140.00 court cost fee. What I learned to do is tell the town magistrate, after I have been found guilty, that I want to appeal it to circuit court. That usually will cost them more in county attorney fees than they want to pay and I usually get off on a summary non-judgment. They used to make you still pay the court cost fee but I appealed it one time and got that thrown out.

Really wanna piss the small town cop off? Ask for Andy. They will usually look at you like you are stupid... until you call them Barney.  :fuelfire:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline AllosaursRus

You got that right, DD!!! Can't remember how many times I got nailed for going 2 MPH over the limit... usually coming down a steep hill. For those small towns it's all about money... not to mention the $140.00 court cost fee. What I learned to do is tell the town magistrate, after I have been found guilty, that I want to appeal it to circuit court. That usually will cost them more in county attorney fees than they want to pay and I usually get off on a summary non-judgment. They used to make you still pay the court cost fee but I appealed it one time and got that thrown out.

Really wanna piss the small town cop off? Ask for Andy. They will usually look at you like you are stupid... until you call them Barney.  :fuelfire:

Heh! My home town in Kansas has a pretty good scheme. There's a hill coming into town from the west that, even if ya let off the gas, you're doin' 3 or 4 MPH over the 25 limit! I was drivin' my brother's truck once and they tried that shit with me. It was your worst nightmare, a woman with a badge!

After she found out I was a local, she let me go with a warning. Apparently, they were only ticketing the tourists!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
If he was driving without insurance, that would be a crime.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline AllosaursRus

If he was driving without insurance, that would be a crime.

To the tune of a $450 fine in most states!

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!

Really wanna piss the small town cop off? Ask for Andy. They will usually look at you like you are stupid... until you call them Barney.  :fuelfire:

I got a speeding ticket in a small town in southern Kanawha County, WV, called Handley.  Cop said he clocked me doing 21 in a 10.  No speed limit sign nowhere.  Cop didn't even write the ticket correctly.  Ticket said I was on WV route 61, which is the Main Street in Handley.  Rt. 61 is a 35 mph zone, I was actually on 3rd St, which is more like a one-lane paved (sort of) trail that ran along the side of the mountain parallel to Rt. 61.  I had stopped there to make a delivery.  Cop even testified that he had "pulled me over" on 61 when asked by the magistrate, I corrected him by tell him I was already stopped when he showed up.

Turns out the magistrate was not only on the town council, but also a part-time town cop.  Nothing I said even registered with him.

Guilty, $100 fine.  

He told me that if his wife had gotten a ticket, he would prosecute her.  I told him I doubt that very seriously, and I'll tell you why.  1.  That money would come out of YOUR pocket, and 2. doing something that stupid to your wife would give a whole new meaning to "sleeping with the enemy".  He said that there are children in his town, and I was putting them in danger.  I reminded him that it was 7:30am and the temperature was a balmy 18 degrees that day.  Anybody that had children out in that mess was putting them in more danger than I ever could.  He commented that I wasn't acting like I thought I'd done anything wrong.  I asked if it would reduce my fine, he said no, so I told him that in the 20 years (at the time) that I had a license, that I had covered over 1 million miles on 2 or more wheels, including off-road racing, and this was my second moving violation.  Any man that had accomplished that had to be either extremely lucky or an extremely good operator.  So, NO, I didn't think I'd done anything wrong.  I'm not that lucky!

He didn't like that much, but the trial was already over.  I told the cop not to spend all that money in one place as I left the courtroom.

Another time, I was cruising south on the (in)famous West Virginia Turnpike, coming out of Charleston.  I had just exited the middle tollbooth (there are 3 of them, +1 more for exit 48 at Beckley), so I was still in Fayette County. I came up on a Raleigh County deputy cruiser in the left lane about 2 miles out of the tollbooth, doing about 57 in a 60, with traffic backing up behind it.  I passed her (yep, it was a "she") on the right, doing about 61.  She pulls me over, starts ranting about how fast I was going.  I told her I was doing 61, what did her radar say.  She didn't have radar, but she said I should have known I was speeding, I was "passing everything on the road."  I told her the only things I had passed since the tollbooth was her and 3 tractor-trailers, all on an uphill grade.  She claimed I was doing over 85, I told her if she could get my POS truck over 80 I'd give it to her.  It wouldn't do 85 if it was pushed off the New River Gorge Bridge!  She said she was going to write me a ticket anyway, and I told her go ahead, I like to hear her explain to the judge why a Raleigh County deputy was writing tickets in Fayette County. She tried to claim that we were in Raleigh County, until I turn on my headlights and showed her the county line signs, 50 yards further down the road.

She threw my license and registration at me and stormed back to her car.  I gave her a 5 minute head start before I left, then I got off at the next exit, and took backroads thru Beckley all the way to Winterplace!  :-)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 07:07:33 PM by diesel driver »
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.