Author Topic: And to think, conservatives are supposed to be the sexually backwards breed...  (Read 3078 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Nuclear Unicorn  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jun-29-10 10:11 PM
Original message
Push to let Australian doctors mutilate genitals of baby girls 
 Source: Herald Sun

AUSTRALIAN doctors are considering a controversial form of genital mutilation on baby girls.

The practice involving cutting a girl's genitals, sometimes with razors or pieces of glass, could be allowed in a clinical setting to stem illegal backyard procedures which are leaving young girls scarred for life.

The Royal Australian New Zealand College of Obstetricians will next month discuss backing "ritual nicks", a modified form of genital mutilation.

But experts are divided on whether to allow the practice, given that in some cultures it is used to remove the sexual feelings of women.

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/push-to-let-a...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a horrible choice to have to make: mutilate a female clinically or risk worse in a place it cannot be observed or controlled.

I know many here--myself included--would be tempted to draw abortion parallels.

I ask that we remember this is a wholly separate issue that needs as much attention. Focusing on abortion only leaves this hideous practice unchallenged and I think I can say without risk on contradiction that even RW christians oppose this barbaric practice.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4447816

To be fair, most of the comments condemn the practice but there are a few who will defend it to the bitter end...

qb  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jun-29-10 10:23 PM
Response to Original message
4. What's good for the gander is good for the goose?
 It is difficult to find this kind of outrage in defense of baby boys. All infants and children should be protected from genital mutilation.

calendargirl (10 posts)     Tue Jun-29-10 10:27 PM
Original message
I agree.
 How is this really any different from circumcision, which is a commonly accepted practice?

Nuclear Unicorn  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jun-29-10 10:32 PM
13. At the expense of TMI: my BF is circumcized
 and enjoying sex is not an issue for him.

This practice is designed explicitly for the purpose of denying women their sexual rights.

Thanks for the update.

customerserviceguy  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jun-29-10 10:53 PM
25. You can't be serious
 One doesn't affect sexual functioning and/or satisfaction, the other clearly does.

Want more proof? If paternalistic cultures developed and spread male circumcision, then it can't be terribly harmful to guys, now can it?

shaayecanaan  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jun-29-10 11:46 PM
Response to Reply #43
48. Ive been with a circumcised (Egyptian) woman and it didnt affect her either
 Actually, the lack of smegma was a plus, as far as I was concerned.

superconnected  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jun-29-10 11:49 PM
Response to Reply #48
49. How odd. So many have been in womens magazines upset becuase they were multilated.
 Actually, I hope you don't have daughters. 

calendargirl (10 posts)     Tue Jun-29-10 10:39 PM
Response to Reply #17
21. Not ridiculous.
 The nick is the alternative to the circumcision of the clitoris. Very similar.

femrap  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jun-29-10 11:44 PM
Response to Reply #21
44. You really need 
 to read up on this practice and take a sex ed class. Boys have foreskin that is removed for stupid religious reasons...but some say it is for cleansing purposes.

Women have NO reason whatsoever to have their clits pricked for any f*cking reason. You want it done to yourself?

I don't think you're welcome here.

And back and forth it goes until--suddenly--the DUmbasses discover their inner xenophobe...

Imajika (1000+ posts)      Tue Jun-29-10 11:24 PM
30. Hey, lets appease Muslim religious fanatics more...
 ...we can compromise on "honor killing" by allowing licensed professionals to perform "honor maiming". Instead of actually killing the girl who supposedly brought shame to the her family, we will just beat her really bad and leave her with a few permanent injuries so the family can show others how much they value their honor.

Also, lets go ahead and allow Sharia law. So they want to kill apostates? Big deal, as long as they keep the crazy stuff to a regulated minimum (we will appoint some sort of board that determines the amount of craziness allowed) we can avoid offending them.

That Australian doctors would even consider this is infuriating.

"With the rise in Somali and Sudanese numbers in Australia, doctors are seeing more cases of young girls, and women, needing surgery after illegal operations."

How about we tell these Somali and Sudanese people to get the hell out if they support this insanity. And if they do this crap to their daughters, they and the doctor who performed the illegal operation should be locked up for life without the possibility of parole.

This is real simple. If people from Somalia and Sudan can be expected to regularly perform this kind of atrocity, do not let any of them move to Australia.

And yeah, yeah, I guess this has to be added lest anyone be offended - everyone knows their are crazies in all religions. We don't need any whiny "but Christians do X thing which is bad too".

Mz Pip  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jun-29-10 11:40 PM
Response to Reply #30
42. I agree
 It astonishes me that Australian doctors would even consider performing some modified version of this horrible practice. "Nick" is nuts.

How about this: If you move to Australia, you have to abide by the laws of Australia. I would think that genital mutilation would be something that would be considered illegal. It's either torture or physical abuse or both.

Mutilate your daughter - go to prison. Period.

And there should be some malpractice punishment - like losing the medical license and going to jail - if a doctor performs this.

Imajika (1000+ posts)      Wed Jun-30-10 12:01 AM
Response to Reply #42
59. Exactly...
 "Mutilate your daughter - go to prison. Period."

Straight to the point.

I will add an idea. If Australia is having a problem with immigrants/workers from Somalia and Sudan doing this kind of thing, and they still want to allow people to immigrate from those countries, it should be plainly stated to them what the rules are. Something like this:

'Australia DOES not allow female genital mutilation of ANY kind. EVER. For no reason is this allowed. EVER. If you are even thinking this might be a clever idea, do NOT come here. If you allow your daughter to be brutalized in this way, BOTH parents and any doctor, Imam, spiritual leader, etc, will go to jail for the rest of their lives.'

Oh, and to make sure there are no wounded feelings we can add:

'Yes, Australia is aware there are crazies in every religion. The evidence indicates this particular kind of craziness seems to be especially popular amongst the people that immigrate from your country. If you think the practice of female genital mutilation is acceptable for any reason, Australia is just not for you.'

SunnySong (499 posts)       Tue Jun-29-10 11:52 PM
Response to Reply #30
50. I agree if you are not willing to accempt enlightment you should go back to your own country. 
 I have a feeling this will be a bigger problem in the United States down the road as well. We have a lot of Somali immigrants.

McCamy Taylor (1000+ posts)        Tue Jun-29-10 11:36 PM
36. The choice is charge parents with child abuse,,,or charge parents with child abuse.
 Australia must have some serious problems if they are really considering this. Would hate to be a woman there. Maybe NOW should organize a women's tourist boycott of the country.

femrap  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jun-29-10 11:38 PM
37. Put the parents
 and/or practitioner of this barbarism in jail plus big fines. When will this misogyny end? 

Sickening.

SunnySong (499 posts)       Tue Jun-29-10 11:52 PM
Response to Reply #37
51. But them on a boat back to their own culture. Why pay for jail. nt

The following comes to you complete with bad spelling, insufferable syntax and a "legalize it" avatar:

Zephie (23 posts)        Tue Jun-29-10 11:40 PM
41. How difficult...
 I don't support any sort of sexual mutilation (that includes, in my opinion, circumcision), however if it's going to continue regardless I feel that it's only fair to the baby that it be done in a sterile and cleanly environment. I feel that maybe instead of just making it legal to do at a doctors that the government should instead push for understanding of why it would be a poor choice for the baby in question.

Mz Pip  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jun-29-10 11:45 PM
Response to Reply #41
47. Lots of awful things are done
 regardless of whether or not they are illegal. This isn't like legalizing marijuana because people do it anyway.

It should not be condoned in any way shape or form. This is just taking cultural relativism way too far.

:hi5:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4447816

Maybe it's because we're all just spoonfed xenophobic, racist robot drones taking our cues from talk radio...

...BUT...

...I can't imagine this even being a debate on a conservative board. FGM is bad. Period. No debate.

Or maybe it's just because our wimmenz are totally hawt.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

FGM  is happening here, too.

Signs of cultural decay
Posted by Rick
Published: June 29, 2010 - 12:48 PM
Look... before you get your panties in a knot over this... think like a liberal... be open-minded... understand the benefits of cultural diversity... ok... now you should be ready to read the following:

Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) has appeared in the form of "corrective surgery" at a premier American hospital. While we lambaste the practice abroad, some doctors are justifying its use and performing FGM in the United States.

In 1997, it was estimated that 168,000 women and girls had been or were at risk of undergoing FGM. This isn't just immigrants bringing their cultural practice to the U.S.; as it turns out, FGM is being performed at an Ivy League university. This story demonstrates how our image-obsessed culture is encouraging the mutilation of young girls.

Dr. Dix P. Poppas, head of pediatric urology department at Cornell University's New York Presbyterian Hospital, one of the premier hospitals in the nation, has been performing clitoral reductions -- a.k.a. female genital mutilation -- on young girls. The abhorrent practice, according to the good doctor, is humane because it spares girls from the humiliation of having an "oversized" clitoris. He claims the practice is "nerve-sparing" and that he runs tests by prodding and using a vibrator on the young girls after the surgery.

The surgery in and of itself is bad... but then we have grown men "prodding and using a vibrator on the young girls"...

Really?

Where are the feminists?  Where are those who decry the abuse of children in the Catholic Church?  Where is the media?

Has anyone see these people?

Anyone?
wizbang

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
In 1997, it was estimated that 168,000 women and girls had been or were at risk of undergoing FGM. This isn't just immigrants bringing their cultural practice to the U.S.; as it turns out, FGM is being performed at an Ivy League university. This story demonstrates how our image-obsessed culture is encouraging the mutilation of young girls.

Yeah, but they're not using a pair of rusty pliers.

Moonbats...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
This is insane that FGM is even being considered in a western country!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
shaayecanaan  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jun-29-10 11:46 PM
Response to Reply #43

Damn man, what the hell kind of women do they ****?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline chitownchica

I was wondering the exact same thing!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
shaayecanaan  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jun-29-10 11:46 PM
Response to Reply #43

Women who've been mutilated suffer from painful sex, this guy is an idiot to even say it wasn't painful for the woman.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
Nuclear Unicorn

At the expense of TMI: my BF is circumcized and enjoying sex is not an issue for him.

That's true.  It's just that he doesn't enjoy it with you.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
shaayecanaan  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jun-29-10 07:44 PM
Response to Reply #32
45. They're not talking about "butchering a clitoris"
   they're talking about nicking the clitoral hood.

Female circumcision, much like male circumcision, has some marginal health benefits. The removal of the clitoral hood removes smegma from the vagina which in turn reduces the incidence of urinary tract infections - much like male circumcision.

Personally, I don't think such a pathetic level of benefit justifies either procedure, but I do object to blatant western hypocrisy when I see it, and I certainly see it in attitudes towards female circumcision vis-a-vis male circumcision.

This guys a fool, urinary complications are common amongst women who've been mutilated.

Offline MrsSmith

This guys a fool, urinary complications are common amongst women who've been mutilated.
He doesn't seem to grasp the difference between removing the hood and removing the clitoris.  Of course, being a lib, he probably doesn't have enough experience with sex to understand the difference...   :loser:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline thundley4

The DUmmies found out about the FGM here in the US.  http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=222x89142
sam sarrha   (1000+ posts)             Tue Jun-29-10 08:35 PM
Original message
Female Genital Mutilation Performed at Cornell University, 6 yr old .. >Link> please sign petition   

http://womensrights.change.org/blog/view/female_genital...
Dr. Dix P. Poppas, head of pediatric urology department at Cornell University's New York Presbyterian Hospital, one of the premier hospitals in the nation, has been performing clitoral reductions — a.k.a. female genital mutilation — on young girls. The abhorrent practice, according to the good doctor, is humane because it spares girls from the humiliation of having an "oversized" clitoris. He claims the practice is "nerve-sparing" and that he runs tests by prodding and using a vibrator on the young girls after the surgery.

please sign the petition and help stop this pervert maggot from mutilating more 6 year old girls,
http://womensrights.change.org/petitions/view/tell_corn...

i am horrified beyond words.. at least he didn't use a piece of broken glass like other cultures do,

That site was linked to from the wizbang link I posted.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
Why the women with a uncircumcised penis growing out of their foreheads of course!  :fuelfire:
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!

Close as I van tell, limp rags!

How about this: If you move to Australia, you have to abide by the laws of Australia. I would think that genital mutilation would be something that would be considered illegal. It's either torture or physical abuse or both.

Yet, if we ask an illegal to just come into our country according to our laws, we're racist bastards!

No hypocrisy there, no, none! Idiots!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
I've seen this mainly done in Muslim communities and countries.

It basically kills any kind of pleasure for the woman during sex.  Muslim law doesn't think she should enjoy it too...she's just supposed to pump out future suicide bombers.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
He doesn't seem to grasp the difference between removing the hood and removing the clitoris.  Of course, being a lib, he probably doesn't have enough experience with sex to understand the difference...   :loser:

Actually, being a lefty, he probably does have a fair amount of experience with sex . . . as a bottom. :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline MrsSmith

Actually, being a lefty, he probably does have a fair amount of experience with sex . . . as a bottom. :fuelfire:
Point taken.  I revise my statement..."He doesn't have enough experience with sex WITH WOMEN to know the difference."   :-)

This may well explain the feminazi attitude toward sex...one experience with a conservative male would improve that attitude immensely.   :-)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
the sexually backwards breed... don't they call that "The reverse cowgirl"?
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
This may well explain the feminazi attitude toward sex...one experience with a conservative male would improve that attitude immensely.   :-)

:yeahthat:

And that begs the question . . . who's willing to "take give one for the team?"
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

And to think, conservatives are supposed to be the sexually backwards breed...

I've always preferred mine frontwards.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
the sexually backwards breed... don't they call that "The reverse cowgirl"?
If it's backwards then why am I always looking forward to it?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
If it's backwards then why am I always looking forward to it?

Daddy always said I was trying to do everything ass backwards.....might as well try it with sex, huh :-)
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Daddy always said I was trying to do everything ass backwards.....might as well try it with sex, huh :-)

Uh.......I'm not even goin' to answer that one!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
This absolutely disgusts me. And this is exactly where feminism loses me. Ms. Steinem (who found she liked riding a bike after all) displays characteristic, petty female outrage because Sara Palin dares to call herself a feminist. Instead of being proud that Ms. Steinem's efforts have led to good things for the entire spectrum of women in this country this ridiculous harpy bitches about who can call themselves a feminist. Meanwhile, here is a REAL women's issue affecting girls who have been out of the womb for quite some time and should, therefore, fall under the protection of these wimmin's groups. But no, we're still harping about equal pay, mother earth, and patriarchal society. Because it's not about helping women or girls. It's about angry, selfish, immature little brats whose mommy and daddy didn't buy them the Betsy Wetsy doll they wanted.

Maybe these perpetually angry women lack reverence for our bodies (mine comes from my Christianity). The clitoris is the ONLY organ in the body, male or female, designed solely for pleasure. Read Song of Solomon and you'll learn God intended men and women to worship each other's bodies for mutual pleasure. God deliberately, precisely (and perfectly IMO) put a woman's pleasure center there for a reason and it wasn't so that misogynists in backwards religions could begin their abuse of women at an early age. This is SO sick and twisted. If they truly cared about women's issues they'd have major campaigns to fight this. Evidently, keeping Sara Palin from co-opting "their" word is more important than keeping little girls from being mutilated. But, perhaps, since they share the same kind of baseless, misdirected anger as these 13th century males, they would have to face their own irrelevance and idiocy and keeping themselves in their clueless little cocoon is more important than keeping little girls from being mutilated.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline lastparker

Seriously?????

Dr. Dix P. Poppas, head of pediatric urology department at Cornell University's New York Presbyterian Hospital
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Seriously?????

Sounds like a doc who treats VD "Old school."

:lmao:

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.