Author Topic: Run, Sarah, Run!!! Please, oh please!!!!  (Read 3743 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: Run, Sarah, Run!!! Please, oh please!!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 11:09:22 PM »
The concept of an "open primary" is the most imbecilic idea in the history of American politics.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 02:58:46 AM »
The concept of an "open primary" is the most imbecilic idea in the history of American politics.

And pretty damned undemocratic. My candidate was chosen before I ever had a chance to vote in the primary. That would've been okay if the other votes represented conservatives but they didn't.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 09:40:16 AM »
Hey, I've done it to them in an election for Governor, turnabout is fair play.  The thing that really hoses up the primaries is the fact that they are staggered over a protracted period, so states that don't matter in the electoral count have an extremely heavy influence in creating the appearance of momentum and thus drawing the coveted 'Front-runner' lable from the thoughtless flacks in the MSM.  I'd rather see one nationwide primary election day, something like 120 days before the general election.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 10:34:10 AM »
  I'd rather see one nationwide primary election day, something like 120 days before the general election.

Maybe even up to 180 days before the general election. But, yes having all the primaries on one day or even two days would be better than what we have now.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 11:04:34 AM »
Maybe even up to 180 days before the general election. But, yes having all the primaries on one day or even two days would be better than what we have now.

Yep, those states that get their panties in a twist because they need to be "first" can just have their votes counted/announced first and just have to live with the fact all states have the same stake in the election. It'd be peachy to actually think my primary vote counted for once and would eliminate most of the crossover nonsense since they'd actually have a stake in their own primaries.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 12:30:47 PM »
Exactly what Tanker said. If they would just hold all state primaries on the same day as we do the final election, that would work much better.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 02:03:09 PM »
For all of you DUmmies that think having Sarah Palin run is a bad idea then here is something you had better hope never comes to past in 2012.

Palin/Nugent 2012
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 03:01:34 PM »
For all of you DUmmies that think having Sarah Palin run is a bad idea then here is something you had better hope never comes to past in 2012.

Palin/Nugent 2012

Oh yeah. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline thundley4

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »

Palin/Nugent 2012

Man, that would be great. Just let him lose getting rid of deadhead appointed officials would be a thing of beauty to watch. Just call him Mr. Enforcer riding herd.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 03:37:59 PM »

Palin/Nugent 2012

sorry man Nuget creeps me out when I saw an interview with his daughter how he would hit on her teenage friends I got really creeped out.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 04:04:53 PM »
sorry man Nuget creeps me out when I saw an interview with his daughter how he would hit on her teenage friends I got really creeped out.

I'm pretty sure the idea was to fulfill their teenage fantasies so they could brag to their friends "Ted Nugent hit on me!!!". I sincerely doubt Ted was doing anything else. He's 'probly the most hard core conservative I've ever seen, maybe to a fault.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2010, 04:28:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure the idea was to fulfill their teenage fantasies so they could brag to their friends "Ted Nugent hit on me!!!". I sincerely doubt Ted was doing anything else. He's 'probly the most hard core conservative I've ever seen, maybe to a fault.

politics won't stop someone from being a pervert, if he is.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2010, 05:10:55 PM »
I'd rather see one nationwide primary election day, something like 120 days before the general election.

I always liked the 13-13-13-11 plan as outlined in the 2000 Republican platform.

The 13 smallest states would have their primaries the first week of March, the second 13 smallest states the first week of April, the next thirteen the first week of May, and the 11 largest states the first week of June.

No open primaries; allowing "independents" to select Republican Democrat nominees, or allowing voters in either party to cross party-lines, is like allowing the Knights of Columbus to select officers of the Kiwanis.

(If one's "independent," tough shit; if one isn't strong enough in values to make a commitment to one party or the other, well, it's one's own fault.)

No stupid caucuses; only votes of the people, not just the "activists."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2010, 05:15:58 PM »
I don't have a problem with caucuses. They're unique to the democrat party. It keeps them disorganized and fighting each other.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2010, 10:56:42 PM »
Palin/Nugent 2012

When I read this what came to mind was "ah...maybe that is what will cause the Mayan calendar to stop on 12-21-12. VP Ted" would kinda make the earth stand still. Only the strong could survive that. :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2010, 12:10:31 AM »
When I read this what came to mind was "ah...maybe that is what will cause the Mayan calendar to stop on 12-21-12. VP Ted" would kinda make the earth stand still. Only the strong could survive that. :-)

Think of the Dummies heads exploding then Keef Overbite practically having an aneurysm on live TV.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"