Author Topic: The Rubicon has been crossed... ...and there is no going back.  (Read 286 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member kentuck (108,880 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217783438

The Rubicon has been crossed...
...and there is no going back.

Trump and his advisers were shocked to hear that he had been indicted. They have been in reaction mode ever since. They are angry and lashing out at everyone not on the Trump train.
They are vindictive and accusatory and defensive.

They believe the power of their propaganda and PR will outweigh all criminal charges. They will blame it all on Joe Biden and the Democrats and take no responsibility. They never declare their innocence, only their victimization.

Tuesday is coming quickly and Trump would have liked a few more days to organize a mob to defend him against the criminal charges, much like he did on January 6th, 2021.

By Tuesday evening, he will have been charged with several crimes and his world will never be the same.

Star Member Lovie777 (7,822 posts)

1. I do not believe nor trust anything coming from the lying mouths of.................................

shithole and his comrades.

Star Member 2naSalit (70,718 posts)

2. And never any...

Evidence or proof of anything they claim.

ashredux (2,310 posts)

6. Exactly..." They never declare their innocence, only their victimization. "

They know Trump is guilty. So as the old attorney saying goes,…. With no facts, they just “…pound the table.“

Star Member Evolve Dammit (14,299 posts)

7. Hope other indictments drop soon. Bury the SOB and let the wheels grind him to a greasy paste.

Star Member kentuck (108,880 posts)

9. I agree.

They need to put more on his plate. Give him more to think about. Overwhelm his bullshit. I would like to see Jack Smith charge him with seditious conspiracy and obstruction of justice.

Star Member Evolve Dammit (14,299 posts)

14. those are the biglys. Not that 30 plus folders marked Top Secret are EMPTY isn't... Or the perfect

GA attempt to overturn the results. What an f'ing criminal. I wish Ms. Carroll well in her rape case too. He probably raped 100's so good for her persistence. May he be convicted in all of them.

Star Member PatSeg (44,953 posts)

26. And add to that

Trump is being sued by injured Capitol police and Democratic lawmakers for inciting the insurrection on January 6th. It would be fitting if whenever he catches his breath, he is hit with another indictment. All roads in the man's life have been leading to this moment - when it rains, it pours.

Johnny2X2X (15,879 posts)

12. Tuesday is all gets real

The indictments are going to be devastating and I bet surprising. All the pundits and politicians guessing about the indictments are engaging in theater. The reality is we have no idea what they say and they’re going to be shocking.

For all the media knows there were 34 crimes each associated with 34 different women he paid off.

David Pecker provided concrete proof IMO.

Model35mech (618 posts)

13. Didn't the TFG get something like 37% of New York's 2020 vote?

Seems like there are plenty of people in NY that could drive to Manhattan in hours.

If nobody shows up to try to put the arraignment on trial in the streets it'll be a tell for Trump support in '24

Star Member Ligyron (7,055 posts)

17. Once a few indictments become a fact, the GOP and teevee pundits will back off I think.

The PTB in the Repug party and more importantly the Murdochs want him gone. We'll be lucky if he is somehow their candidate in '24.

I say lucky because I think he'll be beaten even worse than last time. People like deSatan are more worrisome I believe.

Star Member SouthernDem4ever (2,581 posts)

21. They should have perp walked him while making the annnouncement

That would have avoided anything that might happen on Tues.

Star Member gulliver (12,656 posts)

23. This one could fizzle, but it could give a nice contrast to the DOJ and GA cases.

I can't wait to see what's in the indictment. I hope it has some shutter-uppers for Trump and his fellow performance artists in the Republican Party.

Star Member Initech (96,385 posts)

32. White collar crime is crime, whether Fox News cares to admit it or not.

And hey, don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time, right?

::)
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: The Rubicon has been crossed... ...and there is no going back.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 09:51:43 AM »
Star Moron DUm**** (108,880 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217783438

The Rubicon has been crossed...
...and there is no going back.

Former DUmmy Nadin Brezninsky will be billing you for the use of her favorite Fitz-mas era discriptor. Check your mailbox for the invoice, DUm'Rat...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 10:07:01 AM »
Yawn.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 02:18:04 PM »
I don't know which people the DUrps have been listening to regarding the indictment, but the ones I've listened to have poked all kinds of holes in it.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 02:32:07 PM »
This has been the biggest fundraising event in Trump's history. Over 90% of all Republicans and 70% of all Independents understand this "indictment" is politically motivated - and are pissed about it.

Trump's mug shot will be a HUGE money-maker.  I know I want a T-shirt with it.  It says in no uncertain terms that we no longer are a nation of laws.

The democrats cemented Trump's 2024 win with this event.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2023, 05:44:59 PM »
Former DUmmy Nadin Brezninsky will be billing you for the use of her favorite Fitz-mas era discriptor. Check your mailbox for the invoice, DUm'Rat...

I can just see it now...

"For ****s face!!"

:rotf:
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.