Author Topic: I fully understand that this post is likely to draw very intense personal criti  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100215347272

Uhm ... WOW!  Huge thread!

Atticus
I fully understand that this post is likely to draw very intense personal criticism but, at my age,

I speak my mind without any concern about what others may say.

I do not know what was in the mind of the Chicago police officer who shot and killed 13 year old Adam Toledo in an alley at 2:37 a.m. on a school night. From the several videos taken from different angles and the FACTS, I believe those who insist that the tragic shooting was "murder" or an "execution" are spouting totally unsupported conclusions, possibly to prop up the silly agenda which says "All cops are bad and are always wrong."

To cut through the name calling and jumps to conclusions, let's consider what the videos show. After answering a "shots fired" call and encountering two males on a street corner where the shots were heard, the cop chases one of the males down an alley after he takes off. After shouting "Stop!" four times as they run along a board fence on their right, the pair comes to a gap in the fence. Here, as the cop shouts "Show me your hands!" and "Drop it!" and the video shows a pistol in the boys right hand, the boy leans into the gap far enough to conceal his right arm from view. He then VERY quickly turns to his left, toward the cop and raises both hands. Almost instantly, he is shot once in the chest and is soon dead.

The video indicates that the time passing between the gun being visible in the boy's right hand and that hand reappearing---empty---from behind the fence was DIGHT TENTHS OF ONE SECOND. THE cop literally had a "split second" to make the decision to either shoot the guy he saw with a pistol or risk being shot himself.

The shooting death of any person is a tragedy and this is especially so when the victim is a child. But, not every tragic death is a cold-blooded murder or an execution.

I have heard a female attorney say repeatedly on TV that the boy "dropped the gun as ordered". No he didn't. He THREW the gun behind the fence where it was concealed. The same woman said that the boy was "unarmed at the MOMENT he was shot". Technically, that is apparently true, but she conveniently fails to mention that he WAS armed EIGHT TENTHS OF A SECOND BEFORE he was shot.

Heartbreaking tragedy? To be sure.

Murder? Execution? No evidence of that.

That’s all I’m bringing over, but wow. Some of them are actually making sense.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Mary Ann

This is from ATTICUS??!!?? Isn't he usually one of the battier of the moonbats?

Offline SVPete

Atticus
I fully understand that this post is likely to draw very intense personal criticism but, at my age,

I speak my mind without any concern about what others may say.

I do not know what was in the mind of the Chicago police officer who shot and killed 13 year old Adam Toledo in an alley at 2:37 a.m. on a school night. From the several videos taken from different angles and the FACTS, I believe those who insist that the tragic shooting was "murder" or an "execution" are spouting totally unsupported conclusions, possibly to prop up the silly agenda which says "All cops are bad and are always wrong."

OMG, an Atticus post I agree with! I read the whole post, looking to see if the paragraphs I quoted were scarcastic, but they were not. Now I'm going to go outside to scan the skies for a squadron of porcine aviators.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
uponit7771
1. ***BULL****IN SHIT!!!*** The kid did what he was told to do, why did he get shot anyway?
All pre-action to the shooting does not justify killing the kid.

Also the cop was supposed to keep his distance but closed in. If he thought the kid had a weapon he wouldn't have gotten closer for such a clean shot.

Wut?

The issue in the US is not only bad fire drill training but brain dead LEOs who escalate and put themselves in greater danger by not following dept and common sense rules.

Talk to too many cops to know, if a perp has a gun don't get closer until all is shown and safer like hands are shown etc.

The other thing is don't ask the person to turn around etc etc... bad shooting

Uponit is setting fires all throughout the thread.

WhiskeyGrinder
2. "THE cop literally had a "split second" to make the decision"
The cop made a decision about what was acceptable when he took the job in a long-standing white supremacist system that authorizes extrajudicial killing of kids. It was a shitty decision.

So, what do you think about taxpayers propping up that system you claim is inherently racist? 🤔
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Starfish saver and a couple of the other black apologists are all over that. In their mind there is NEVER a good reason to shoot a black person.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
You know you’re at a screwed up site when you have to start off by saying “I know what I’m getting ready to say will upset some....”

Otherwise, the black members of Skin’s island are some of the biggest racists I’ve read. They’re all like a carbon copy of the racist website The Root.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DLR Pyro

I posed the question on another thread but have to ask it again, "what is a 13 year old doing out at 2:37AM with a gun"

And for anyone who is critical of the actions of the Police Officers, I challenge them to go thru a live fire simulator and still stand by their criticisms. 
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I posed the question on another thread but have to ask it again, "what is a 13 year old doing out at 2:37AM with a gun"

And for anyone who is critical of the actions of the Police Officers, I challenge them to go thru a live fire simulator and still stand by their criticisms.

That is actually brought up over on that thread a couple of times and the response is predictable; why are you blaming the victim?

KC

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
StarfishSaver
83. This is isn't a training problem
If it were, white people would be getting shot and killed in the same proportions as Black people.

The problem is that too many white cops - just like too many white people in general - see Black people, especially males, as more dangerous and threatening and less worthy of respect and concern than people who look like them.

Therefore, some cops see a frightened, wary black man trying to get back into his car or running away from them or holding his hands up in the air as an imminent threat needing to be tased, shot or otherwise neutralizes when they do not see similarly and even worse behaving white people in the same way.

You can't train that out of people. We need to get people who think like that out of jobs where they have the power to make life and death decisions over people a d have the firepower to take their lives. And people need to stop making excuses for them.

When you tell the black population to start committing crime proportionate to their percentage of the population, I’ll agree with you.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
This is from ATTICUS??!!?? Isn't he usually one of the battier of the moonbats?

Oh yeah, he/she/it is one of the biggest unhinged moonbats at the DUmp.  Maybe someone stole his account considering they actually made sense this time.  Blind squirrel thing.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

When you tell the black population to start committing crime proportionate to their percentage of the population, I’ll agree with you.

KC

That is why I always laugh when liberals complain that black people make up a larger share of the prison population than they should by their hare of the population of the US.  They ignore the fact that minorities commit more crimes.

Offline Delmar

Response to Atticus (Original post)Sun Apr 18, 2021, 02:49 AM
Star Member Duppers (21,956 posts)
243. Solution to many cop killings: remove their fear

IF most cops had some convenient equipment that would fully protect them from being killed by bullets, wouldn't they be much less likely to shoot someone?

Not talking about the racists intent on killing or those using their badges to legalize murders.

If cops were required to wear flax jackets & bulletproof face coverings, it could cut down the numbers of these shootings, no?

The feeling of invulnerability that came with wearing a bulletproof face mask and flak jacket combo only served to embolden Jack Bauer to shoot even more people than usual--even going so far as to kidnap a former president.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6TiB5rRq2Q
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Mary Ann

Starfish Saver and a number of others keep saying the kid was Black. He wasn't Black, and from the pix I've seen, his skin isn't even particularly dark. At night, the cop would probably have been less likely to distinguish a Hispanic kid from a white one.

I've read most of that thread, and no one has pointed that out.

Offline DLR Pyro

That is actually brought up over on that thread a couple of times and the response is predictable; why are you blaming the victim?

KC

Because the victim isn't blameless when his actions create the situation that caused Law Enforcement to be there in the first place.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Starfish Saver and a number of others keep saying the kid was Black. He wasn't Black, and from the pix I've seen, his skin isn't even particularly dark. At night, the cop would probably have been less likely to distinguish a Hispanic kid from a white one.

I've read most of that thread, and no one has pointed that out.

Starfish saver needs the narrative because she’s racist.

KC

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

Starfish saver needs the narrative because she’s racist.

KC

Is she black or a Rachel Dolezal Black?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Is she black or a Rachel Dolezal Black?

That’s yet to be determined.

KC

*Stolen

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline YupItsMe

KC
  Thank you KC.  When 13% of the population commits 51.6% of the murders, people are going to judge them as murderers. Any black leaders out there want to take a "shot" at bringing those numbers down????  Might not hurt to stop making rap videos of you all selling drugs, pimping whores and shooting people.  Just a thought.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
  Thank you KC.  When 13% of the population commits 51.6% of the murders, people are going to judge them as murderers. Any black leaders out there want to take a "shot" at bringing those numbers down????  Might not hurt to stop making rap videos of you all selling drugs, pimping whores and shooting people.  Just a thought.

The biggest problem I see with this is the fact the black population refuses to recognize what the problem is and until they do, they can't fix it.  They want to claim the reason for the disproportionate numbers is the racist system not recognizing the crime committed by other races.  You can't solve a problem you refuse to acknowledge.

KC

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

The biggest problem I see with this is the fact the black population refuses to recognize what the problem is and until they do, they can't fix it.  They want to claim the reason for the disproportionate numbers is the racist system not recognizing the crime committed by other races.  You can't solve a problem you refuse to acknowledge.

KC

They have been told by white elitist Democrats that they are victims of society, and voting for Democrats is the only way to fix it. (for 5 decades they have believed the lies of the Democrats)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?

KC

My observations are that many in the black community do recognize the culture problems (victimization as an excuse to not do anything, gangs, drugs, lack of parenting) but those voices are shouted down by the race pimps and others who have vested interest in keeping that culture going.   
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SVPete

My observations are that many in the black community do recognize the culture problems (victimization as an excuse to not do anything, gangs, drugs, lack of parenting) but those voices are shouted down by the race pimps and others who have vested interest in keeping that culture going.

E.G. the MSM who amplify the race-baiters' voices and the politicians who give credibility to and echo the race-baiters.

Offline 67 Rover

How difficult is it to understand that you do not take a gun out of your waistband even if your intent is to throw it away and start complying. 

Just put your hands over your head without sudden movement.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Kid got lung-shot. WARNING: Graphic -

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."