Author Topic: Don't let this bullshit fool you (states opening)  (Read 1141 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Don't let this bullshit fool you (states opening)
« on: May 20, 2020, 05:34:01 PM »
Star Member CatWoman (73,464 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213463441

Some of you here already know I am a CDC employee.

I've been teleworking full time since March.

Today we got word that we will remain working from home for the foreseeable future -- probably until the end of the year.

Our buildings are closed to us and the public.

Trump's road to normalcy is full of mine fields. And bullshit.

HotTeaBag (234 posts)

1. I concur - I work tangentially in the financial services industry

and most everyone is chalking 2020 up to be a lost year.

Opening Mom & Pop barbershops and such will be a very small drop in a very big bucket.

Star Member underpants (150,318 posts)

4. No official word here but it's looking like August

Big discussion meeting today. I was mistakenly invited then miss invited. June 10th is the set date for us but it’s looking like at least past the 4th. Probably August.

Public sector as well just not Federal

gibraltar72 (4,979 posts)

6. What reopening means for Dem states is we have an ICU room available for you.

What it means in Red states, we didn't give a shit about you and we still don't.

Star Member PJMcK (12,402 posts)

8. Thanks for your insight

I wondered about those of you working on this.

If you haven't read Tom Friedman's column in today's NY Times, I highly recommend it. He writes that we're dealing with Mother Nature who only cares about adaptability. By reopening too early, we're going to see spikes of new cases all over the country.

It's distressing to see how many Americans reject Science and Logic. The denial of the dangers of Covid-19 parallel those of climate change.

I fear for our future.

jimfields33 (2,805 posts)

9. I heard some companies and maybe even some government agencies

May do telework forever. I think that would be so great for everything especially the environment. I hope 60 percent decide to sell their buildings and telework. Maybe they can rent out a hotel ballroom once a month for a meeting once safe of course.

Star Member bedazzled (861 posts)

10. Left my job at a thrift in FL because i don't want to DIE

Called office today to get my off payroll date and they are all "working from home." No callback. Scum

Star Member hunter (31,102 posts)

14. This virus isn't going to go away. The Republican plan is to ignore the deaths.

Step aside heart disease and cancer, this virus will be the leading cause of death for at least the next year or two.

I hope I'm wrong.

Heart Disease in the United States
About 647,000 Americans die from heart disease each year—that's 1 in every 4 deaths.

In 2019, an estimated 606,880 people will die of cancer in the United States.

Number of deaths for leading causes of death
Heart disease: 647,457
Cancer: 599,108
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
Diabetes: 83,564
Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

Star Member Blue_true (23,610 posts)

21. Republicans are hoping that people have a short memory and ignore the mounting deaths.

And for some Americans, republicans may be betting in the right direction. I don't know whether it was here on DU or in general news reading, a gym owner in New Jersey defied the state and reopened his gym, even AFTER losing a close family member to covid19, so that type is out there, the question is how many are there.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline thundley4

Re: Don't let this bullshit fool you (states opening)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 05:42:07 PM »
HotTeaBag (234 posts)

Opening Mom & Pop barbershops and such will be a very small drop in a very big bucket.

What they mean to say is: I buy food stamps for cash and then resell them at a small profit, then by crack.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 05:42:24 PM »
And yet they'll be the first to complain when all those businesses that were conveniently around the corner aren't there anymore and they have to drive 10 minutes out of their way.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 07:30:24 PM »
Response to HotTeaBag (Reply #1)Wed May 20, 2020, 05:14 PM
Star Member CatWoman (73,468 posts)
3. not to mention needlessly exposing those employees at risk

Needlessly exposing, she says.  There is a need for people to go back to work, so it's not needless.  The primitives don't understand--not everybody can be freeloading layabouts like them.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 08:38:14 AM »

Some of you here already know I am a CDC employee.

I've been teleworking full time since March.

Today we got word that we will remain working from home for the foreseeable future -- probably until the end of the year.

Our buildings are closed to us and the public.

Trump's road to normalcy is full of mine fields. And bullshit.
Factory and trade workers do not have the luxury of teleworking. The opinion of a lot of government employees would change if a sudden round of layoffs were announced for them.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 08:43:23 AM »
Factory and trade workers do not have the luxury of teleworking. The opinion of a lot of government employees would change if a sudden round of layoffs were announced for them.

Really is there anything less essential than entertainers and government workers?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 08:47:43 AM »
Really is there anything less essential than entertainers and government workers?
Walmart door greeters are more essential than them...
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 09:47:14 AM »
MEANWHILE BACK IN REALITY.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2020, 10:29:48 AM »
Even CA is starting to reopen. Right now GA and FL are defying Dems' outbreak expectations, and TX is too, if significantly increased testing is factored in. In 2-3 weeks DU's and the Dems' worst nightmare will be well underway in numerous states, and the economy will likely be substantially starting to recover in July and August.

HotTeaBag (234 posts)

DUpipo just cannot conceal their disdain for normal people!

I work in the computer industry. My company supplies products and services to essential institutions and companies, so we also are working, at home when possible, and "in the office" as necessary. Production people are not working from home, for obvious reasons.

In the past two weeks, Sports Basement (Costco for runners, cyclists, swimmers, lifters, seasonal team sports, etc.) went from home delivery and curbside pick-up to partially open, to fully open. Sports Basement is largely an SF Bay Area chain, i.e. its stores are in one of the harder hit areas of CA (not that we have been hit all that hard). So among counties that are following a phased plan, Bay Area Counties are probably a phase or two behind some other counties (and then there's Modoc County, population 9000 and zero case, that threw open their doors in Goobernor Nuisance's face a couple of weeks ago).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2020, 12:19:47 PM »
HotTeaBag (234 posts)

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline hillneck

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 12:33:46 PM »

Hmm interesting.  I could have I heard the Governor of Alaska stating the state is open for business in his to "just like it was prior to the virus".  I'm sure some of the national chains will have their own rules, but overall Alaska is open.  Maybe this Catlady should come out of her basement more often and stay away from DUmmieland.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 01:45:23 PM »
Wounded Bear (36,308 posts)

7. Already seeing spikes in cases and deaths in states rushing to re-open...

I believe you.

This ain't over yet, not by a long shot

Oh no you're not.  Georgia is going down in cases and hospitalizations.  Even lefty loon Yahoo news is reporting that.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2020, 01:46:51 PM »

Politicians and their staffs.

Here is pelousy as a michael jackson look a like. :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2020, 04:01:10 PM »
Politicians and their staffs.

Here is pelousy as a michael jackson look a like. :lmao: :lmao:

Looks like Nancy Antoinette needs another Gorilla Glue....err, Botox treatment if that picture is any indication.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2020, 06:14:50 PM »

Walmart door greeters are more essential than them...

I don’t know.  I happen to be a government employee and have been told we’re essential.  I’ve even got a letter saying that I’m exempt from any shelter in place or curfew orders. We perform a critical function and service for people in harms way.  I can assure you that if we we’re as nonessential as y’all suggest we would face far larger issues than a damn virus.  We’ll continue to ensure that our war fighters have the aviation assets required to kill people and break shit.

While I do understand and agree somewhat with your comments, always remember that a broad brush never portrays reality.  We’re better than that tactic constantly used by the DUmbasses.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.