Author Topic: So the CIA slammed CNN for fake news on the Moscow spy?  (Read 40387 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
So the CIA slammed CNN for fake news on the Moscow spy?
« on: September 10, 2019, 11:42:52 PM »
Star Member JohnnyRingo (13,668 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212454413

So the CIA slammed CNN for fake news on the Moscow spy?

No, they didn't but let me explain.

I was in a biker bar on Mosquito Lake today for Taco Tuesday. Fox News was on but the sound was turned down. It was the day's episode of The Five with Jesse Watters. The chiron at the bottom said "CIA blasts CNN' for 'misguided' and 'simply false' reporting on alleged CIA spy's extraction from Kremlin".

Uh oh. It appeared CNN got caught leading with a false story. When I got home hours later I came here to DU for the story... but nothing. Well, I figured, DUers don't want to post such an expose' so i went to HuffPost. Again, nothing, while Chris Matthews was on the TV reporting on the story. I was truly puzzled.

So I Googled the chiron and found it, but it was only on a Fox News site. That's all, just Fox. Not The Hill, Daily Beast, CBS, or any other news agency in the world.

It turns out that headline came from The White House. They claimed that the decision to pull the spy was made during the Obama years. I recalled the original reporting mentioned that the spy was indeed given the option of leaving during Obama's term, but he refused. The CIA changed it's mind now with fears that Trump will blow his cover. Fox News via The White House glosses over that part.

And that's how Fox News lies to it's viewers. If I were a loyalist I would have read that chiron and said "more fake news from CNN and The Times". The article on Fox online details the story almost word for word from The Times and CNN with no further mention of "false reporting" but anyone listening to Jesse Watters would think the MSM lies to them.

Pisses me off.

CIA Blasts CNN For False Report on U.S. Pulling a Spy Out of Russia
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/09/10/the-cia-blasts-cnn-for-false-report-on-us-pulling-a-spy-out-of-russia-n2552833

Mike Pompeo slams ‘egregious’ CNN report on spy in Russia
https://nypost.com/2019/09/10/mike-pompeo-slams-egregious-cnn-report-on-spy-in-russia/

Former CIA official Philip Mudd doubts 'political angle' of CNN report on spy extraction from Russia
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/former-cia-official-philip-mudd-doubts-political-angle-of-cnn-report-on-spy-extraction-from-russia

CIA disputes CNN reporting on Trump connection to Russian spy extraction
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/sep/10/cia-disputes-cnn-reporting-trump-connection-russia/

Couldn't find anything? Funny... I found About 2,570,000 results (0.56 seconds) on google...

The White House and CIA both released statements to CNN taking issue with the report.

"CNN's narrative that the Central Intelligence Agency makes life-or-death decisions based on anything other than objective analysis and sound collection is simply false," CIA Director for Public Affairs Brittany Barmell said in a statement to CNN. "Misguided speculation that the President's handling of our nation's most sensitive intelligence — which he has access to each and every day — drove an alleged exfiltration operation is inaccurate."
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/460484-us-pulled-spy-from-russia-amid-concerns-about-trumps-handling

Even The Hill covered it... although you couldn't seem to find the article...

::)

Chin music (4,231 posts)

1. Friends don't let friends watch fox. And if the tv was on fox....you shouldn't have spent your money there. jmho.

Pretty sure he was never in a 'biker bar' eating free tacos... Not even Omaha Steve does shit like that.

Star Member JohnnyRingo (13,668 posts)

4. I'm not passing up Taco Tuesday just because of the TV

It's usually on Motor Trend TV, but I'm not storming out because they're road testing a Hummer either. I don't feel I'm easily seduced by Fox News propaganda.

There was another time this happened there about three months ago. It was "The Five" again with no sound, and the big story that time was how liberalism brings poverty, homelessness and crime. That was the text at the bottom of the screen as they showed clips of street people in LA, San Fran, and Portland.

The chiron kept changing to indicate that failed democrats in charge were the cause of all this misery. Eventually, I yelled at the TV: "show us Miami". No crime, poverty, or drugs in that republican paradise, is there?

The Five has to be the worst with the exception of Hannity. I have a RW friend who watches it daily and now I understand how he gets things so screwed up. The last time we spoke, he told me how much he hates Juan Williams. I agreed with him. I wondered why a black man would go on that show with four wing nuts and spout liberal talking points just so the others can beat him with a folding chair. I told him it's just as scripted as Big Time Wrestling and he's what they call a boob for believing it's news.

:whatever:

Star Member uponit7771 (58,094 posts)

3. K&R, People ... this is VERY VERY VERY important. MAGA Cultist LITERALLY live on another planet when

... it comes to Benedict Donald and the Kremlin KKKlan.

Donald Trump to them is the chosen one cause FAUX news told them.

They're sKeered, well ... the ones who aren't out and out racist low lifes ... and they're sKeered cause state run outlets FAUX News tell them they are.

They have one or two reporters they send out to tell the truth maybe once a month but the lies are repeated often and without challenge.

MAGA Cultist literally live on another planet when it comes to news about Red Don

Star Member Botany (51,746 posts)

7. "I was in a biker bar on Mosquito Lake today for Taco Tuesday."

Nothing else matters after that bit of poetry.

::)

Star Member sharedvalues (6,499 posts)

8. Fox lies
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: So the CIA slammed CNN for fake news on the Moscow spy?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 11:57:19 PM »
If ignorance is bliss then the DUmp denizens must be the most blissful people in the universe.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 08:07:34 AM »
This is the third CC thread in which I've posted this, but it's true. Either CNN lied, thinking no one other than "Trump's CIA" would call out their lie, or someone played CNN's Hate-Trump bias.

The NYT and WashPost took a reality dump on CNN's annoymorously-sourced false story:

WaPo, NYT: Contra CNN, Trump Was Not The Reason CIA Exfiltrated Asset From Russia; Update: Irresponsible Media Reporting Continues

The story appeared to confirm the worst fears about Donald Trump and his sometimes reckless public discourse. CNN’s Jim Sciutto reported yesterday that the CIA was forced to exfiltrate a mole deep within the Kremlin after Trump revealed too much intelligence in a one-on-one meeting with Vladimir Putin in 2017. The loss of this asset meant that Trump had essentially blinded the CIA just at a time when Russian aggression had escalated.

Sounds damning — except that wasn’t how it happened at all, both the New York Times and Washington Post report this morning. The exposure of the asset didn’t come from Trump, but instead from media reporting on Russian election interference from intel sources that revealed enough to put the asset at risk. The Post explicitly rejects Sciutto’s conclusions:

As American officials began to realize that Russia was trying to sabotage the 2016 presidential election, the informant became one of the C.I.A.’s most important — and highly protected — assets. But when intelligence officials revealed the severity of Russia’s election interference with unusual detail later that year, the news media picked up on details about the C.I.A.’s Kremlin sources.

C.I.A. officials worried about safety made the arduous decision in late 2016 to offer to extract the source from Russia.

CNN lied, or got hoovered by a liar(s). Unsurprisingly. The exposure was done by Obama's peeps during his administration.

It's time for DU-folk to move on from this ludicrous story and start claiming that Trump had his peeps plant it. :tongue:  :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 03:50:46 PM »
The extraordinary CIA rebuke came as The New York Times published a bombshell piece late in the evening, which largely contradicted CNN's reporting. According to the Times, CIA officials "made the arduous decision in late 2016 to offer to extract the source from Russia" — weeks before Trump even took office.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/09/10/the-cia-blasts-cnn-for-false-report-on-us-pulling-a-spy-out-of-russia-n2552833

Well, poor Complete Nasty News network got shot down by The New York Times.  :lmao:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 04:33:25 PM »
Maybe if CNN gets a few cinder blocks and some chicken wire they could make this CT stick.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 04:54:51 PM »
Is anyone convinced that CNN is going to make it thru 2020? 

There was some heavy-duty bribery going-on with 'reporters' and FBI 'officials'.  That's what this story is probably designed for.  Downfield-blocking as the screen pass is already blowing-up from the rear.

I think you'll just turn-on CNN one day and it'll be brand new people and a brand new format.