Author Topic: Obama's Aug 8 Terror Memo Came in October  (Read 1678 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Obama's Aug 8 Terror Memo Came in October
« on: January 02, 2010, 02:50:24 PM »
    The briefing to Brennan was delivered at the White House by Muhammad bin Nayef, Saudi Arabia’s chief counterterrorism official. In late August, Nayef had survived an assassination attempt by an operative dispatched by the Yemeni branch of Al Qaeda who was pretending to turn himself in. The operative had tried to kill the Saudi prince by detonating a bomb on his body, but stumbled on his way into the prince’s palace and blew himself up.

Saudi officials initially thought the bomb had been secreted in the operative’s anal cavity. But after investigating the matter more thoroughly, they concluded it had likely been sewn into his underwear, thereby allowing the operative to bypass security checks before his meeting with the prince. A main purpose of Nayef’s briefing for Brennan was to alert U.S. officials to the use of the underwear technique.

U.S. officials now suspect that Nayef’s attempted assassin and Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the Nigerian suspect aboard the Northwest flight, had the same bomb maker in Yemen, intelligence experts tell NEWSWEEK. At the briefing for Brennan, Nayef was concerned because “he didn’t think [U.S. officials] were paying enough attention” to the growing threat from Al Qaeda in Yemen, said a former U.S. intelligence official familiar with the briefing.

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/declassified/archive/2010/01/02/white-house-advisor-briefed-in-october-on-underwear-bomb-technique.aspx
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Re: Obama's Aug 8 Terror Memo Came in October
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 02:57:36 PM »
These disclosures are starting to make Obama and his administration bad (worse?), I had thought like you that maybe the first leak had an official sanction from the top, but this doesn't seem to have an upside for Obama.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 10:06:10 AM »
Some one (CIA) is playing (CIA) the same game (CIA) with Obama (CIA) that was played (CIA) on Pres. Bush (CIA). I (CIA) wonder (CIA) who (CIA) that (CIA) might (CIA) be (CIA) ... :evillaugh: :tongue:

Seriously and realistically, this and the three-days-before briefing story may be suggestive of much more than, in the end, they really signify. There is a significant leap from a failed assassination attempt in Yemen to an attempt to bring down a plane over Detroit. Even three days is far too short to deduct a plot on a US-bound plane, initiated in Nigeria and get the resources - people and equipment - to all the possible transfer points in EuroLand. Of course, there may be more to learn as these stories develop, but for now I'll confine my amusement to the apparent bureaucratic interplay of a retaliatory leak for hypo-vehiculating the CIA.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 10:13:28 AM »
Some one (CIA) is playing (CIA) the same game (CIA) with Obama (CIA) that was played (CIA) on Pres. Bush (CIA). I (CIA) wonder (CIA) who (CIA) that (CIA) might (CIA) be (CIA) ... :evillaugh: :tongue:

Seriously and realistically, this and the three-days-before briefing story may be suggestive of much more than, in the end, they really signify. There is a significant leap from a failed assassination attempt in Yemen to an attempt to bring down a plane over Detroit. Even three days is far too short to deduct a plot on a US-bound plane, initiated in Nigeria and get the resources - people and equipment - to all the possible transfer points in EuroLand. Of course, there may be more to learn as these stories develop, but for now I'll confine my amusement to the apparent bureaucratic interplay of a retaliatory leak for hypo-vehiculating the CIA.

Good points.