Author Topic: Gitmo Prisoners ‘Thought It Was the End of the World’ on Election Night  (Read 2706 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/election-gitmo-prisoners-end-world-tranquilizers/
Gitmo Prisoners ‘Thought It Was the End of the World’ on Election Night, Asked for Tranquilizers

Prisoners at the Guantanamo Bay military prison in Cuba “thought it was the end of the world” the night of the presidential election and asked their guards for tranquilizers and sleeping pills, CBS correspondent Margaret Brennan reported Thursday.

David Remes, the lawyer of one of the prisoners at Guantanamo, recounted to Brennan what his client told him about election night.

“He said that many detainees thought that it was the end of the world and felt terrible and that many detainees asked for tranquilizers, sleeping pills because they were so distraught,” Remes said.

Remes said he is afraid that once Donald Trump officially becomes president, the doors will “slam shut” and remaining detainees will not be able to be released.

President Obama has released several prisoners from the detention facility in the waning days of his administration.

“Well, the pace of prisoner releases has picked up in recent months,” Brennan said. “But Donald Trump’s campaign pledge to stop this prison from closing has left the fate of many prisoners in limbo.”
Well, well. Terrorists have something in common with Pajama Boy.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Wow! I'm sure we would have seen the same thing on the DUmp, had Skinner the balls to keep the site up, on election night.

I never realized how much Skin's Isle resembled Club Gitmo. Only the inhabitants of Skin's Isle love their imprisonment. Are unaware of it, in fact.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Wow! I'm sure we would have seen the same thing on the DUmp, had Skinner the balls to keep the site up, on election night.

I never realized how much Skin's Isle resembled Club Gitmo. Only the inhabitants of Skin's Isle love their imprisonment. Are unaware of it, in fact.

The DUmp was down, but I got some first-hand video of the incident..

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fsteve.mudflap.mcgrew%2Fvideos%2F10154878882029610%2F&show_text=0&width=560

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Too bad. Life is not always fair.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ADsOutburst

They must learn to distinguish between the end of the world and the end of their world.