Author Topic: Any fans of the Fallout game series?  (Read 1531 times)

Online Muddling 2

Any fans of the Fallout game series?
« on: September 30, 2021, 12:26:14 PM »
Just curious if anyone plays F4 or Skyrim?
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Re: Any fans of the Fallout game series?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 09:50:56 AM »
Yeah, I finished every mission in Skyrim except the vampire one, and even then I think I 'finished' it.  I got bogged-down in the Black Book DLC and didn't finish that.  Other than that, I beat every threat and own property in every city.  My PS3 conked-out and I never played it again.

I've played the entirety of Fallout 3, but none of the others.  Completely finished 3 though, but the free-run of the open map is kind of soulless.  Luckily the game saves the end of the next-to-last mission, because you die in the last mission. 

Online Muddling 2

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 11:13:24 AM »
Yeah, I finished every mission in Skyrim except the vampire one, and even then I think I 'finished' it.  I got bogged-down in the Black Book DLC and didn't finish that.  Other than that, I beat every threat and own property in every city.  My PS3 conked-out and I never played it again.

I've played the entirety of Fallout 3, but none of the others.  Completely finished 3 though, but the free-run of the open map is kind of soulless.  Luckily the game saves the end of the next-to-last mission, because you die in the last mission.

I preferred Fallout: New Vegas to F3, personally.  F4 is also pretty cool, set in Boston and "linked" to F3 via the quest on the aircraft carrier.  The graphics in F4 are so much better.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 04:59:07 PM »
I preferred Fallout: New Vegas to F3, personally.  F4 is also pretty cool, set in Boston and "linked" to F3 via the quest on the aircraft carrier.  The graphics in F4 are so much better.

I didn't go with Fallout: New Vegas because I played both Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Vegas-adventures and I wasn't in the frame of mind for Vegas-y themes.  Do Fallout: Monte Carlo, or something.

I watched a walkthrough of Fallout 4, episode 1... and it just didn't have an allure.  Looked like you get too powerful too fast and I think you pick up a powerful robot-or-dog-companion almost immediately.

I should mention that I play Skyrim's soundtrack on my computer quite a lot.  Never gets old.