Author Topic: Sandmann vs WP  (Read 1386 times)

Offline MoshMasterD

• The Cornette Face
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 03:13:53 PM by franksolich »
"They cannot win. We outnumber them in this country, and we have the guns… I’m not kidding. They talk a mean game, but they will not cross that line because they know what they’re dealing with."

Andrew Breitbart

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Sandmann vs WP
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 03:03:11 PM »
DFW (38,414 posts)     Tue Feb 19, 2019, 08:08 PM

14. The kid and his family must be some kind of optimists

They have more of a chance of moving their house across the street with a slingshot than they do of winning this lawsuit.

DFW (38,414 posts)      Wed Feb 20, 2019, 05:58 AM

66. That is exactly what it sounds like

Hoping the Post, backed by the Bezos billions, will offer them a couple of million in free money to shut up and go away. But those Bezos billions can pay for a couple of fancy lawyers of his own, and countersue the greedy family for extortion for the next 15 years until their own attorneys' fees bankrupt them.

Ol' Marc, who knows he was lying to the primitives, needs to apologize to them.  After all, the simple guileless primitives believe and trust everything he tells them.

TexasBushwhacker (15,366 posts)      Tue Feb 19, 2019, 09:50 PM

34. 5'9" and 115 lbs?

I guess they need the money for food.

VOX (22,776 posts)      Thu Feb 21, 2019, 09:11 AM

88. His parents just hang him on a coat hook every night.

Every so often, they pass him through a keyhole for laughs

Alea (702 posts)      Tue Feb 19, 2019, 11:18 PM

49. Daily Mail/Malania... just saying

This kid is 16. Also, some of y'all either didn't see or didn't care if you did see, all of the video on this subject.

They will settle imho.
apres moi, le deluge

Online Muddling 2

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 03:12:10 PM »
You know, it's weird.  I don't see ANY mention of this story at the DUmp.

Weird

:rotf:
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline MoshMasterD

• The Cornette Face
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 04:12:38 PM »
Ol' Marc, who knows he was lying to the primitives, needs to apologize to them.  After all, the simple guileless primitives believe and trust everything he tells them.

All of them are eating triple helpings of crow now.
"They cannot win. We outnumber them in this country, and we have the guns… I’m not kidding. They talk a mean game, but they will not cross that line because they know what they’re dealing with."

Andrew Breitbart

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 05:36:23 PM »
You know, it's weird.  I don't see ANY mention of this story at the DUmp.

Weird

:rotf:
It's funny, because the Sandman character of European folklore comes to hush you up and bid you goodnight.  :-)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 05:39:46 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 06:54:56 PM »
Washington Post settles Nicholas Sandmann defamation lawsuit in Covington Catholic High School controversy
https://www.foxnews.com/media/washington-post-settles-nicholas-sandmann-defamation-lawsuit-in-covington-catholic-high-school-controversy

The Washington Post is the latest news organization to settle a defamation lawsuit launched by Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann over its botched coverage of a viral confrontation with a Native American elder that had portrayed the Kentucky teen as the aggressor.

Sandmann announced the victory on Twitter.

"On 2/19/19, I filed $250M defamation lawsuit against Washington Post. Today, I turned 18 & WaPo settled my lawsuit. Thanks to @ToddMcMurtry & @LLinWood for their advocacy. Thanks to my family & millions of you who have stood your ground by supporting me. I still have more to do," Sandmann wrote on Friday.

Two down. More to go.

Attorney Todd McMurtry previously told Fox News that lawsuits against “as many as 13 other defendants" would be filed.

Among them: ABC, CBS, The Guardian, The Huffington Post, NPR, Slate, The Hill, and Gannett which owns the Cincinnati Enquirer, as well as miscellaneous other small outfits, according to McMurtry. Separate lawsuits against the Washington Post and NBC have already been filed, he added.

A sad day for the legacy media.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 07:19:29 PM »
Washington Post settles Nicholas Sandmann defamation lawsuit in Covington Catholic High School controversy
https://www.foxnews.com/media/washington-post-settles-nicholas-sandmann-defamation-lawsuit-in-covington-catholic-high-school-controversy

Two down. More to go.

A sad day for the legacy media.
And a warning to Twitter. https://twitter.com/N1ckSandmann/status/1286676812303564800

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 07:31:41 PM »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 08:09:09 PM »
Response to octoberlib (Original post)

Tue Feb 19, 2019, 07:51 PM

Gothmog (85,690 posts)
1. This kid is truly an idiot

Once again the fat idiot proves he knows nothing about law.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 08:12:03 PM »
If there was an extortion case, and there isn't, Bezos would be trying to get the suit dismissed on that basis; settling it makes that possibility go away forever.  The only thing ol' Marc got right in all that smack-talk was that the actual settlement is no doubt a small fraction of the original demand...no doubt something within the policy limits of the Post's liability insurance.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2020, 05:06:49 AM »
If there was an extortion case, and there isn't, Bezos would be trying to get the suit dismissed on that basis; settling it makes that possibility go away forever.  The only thing ol' Marc got right in all that smack-talk was that the actual settlement is no doubt a small fraction of the original demand...no doubt something within the policy limits of the Post's liability insurance.
Sandmanns great great great grandkids wont be worrying about paying for college
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2020, 08:00:50 AM »
Sandmanns great great great grandkids wont be worrying about paying for college

In this case I have no problem with redistributing some of the Bezos wealth.  :D
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2020, 08:37:00 AM »
WaPo gave Nick Sandman one hell of an 18th birthday present on Friday.

Happy Birthday Nick. I hope you get them all for the bullshit they did to you.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2020, 11:31:32 AM »
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline jukin

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2020, 12:45:44 PM »
Proving once again and maintaining the almost perfect record of the DUmp's record for being a reverse barometer for everything.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2020, 03:18:25 PM »
Attorney Todd McMurtry previously told Fox News that lawsuits against “as many as 13 other defendants" would be filed.

Among them: ABC, CBS, The Guardian, The Huffington Post, NPR, Slate, The Hill, and Gannett which owns the Cincinnati Enquirer, as well as miscellaneous other small outfits, according to McMurtry. Separate lawsuits against the Washington Post and NBC have already been filed, he added.
Excellent news. Kick 'em while they're down.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2020, 08:57:19 PM »
CNN's Stelter accused of breaching network's confidentiality agreement with Sandmann: 'May cost him his job'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-brian-stelter-covington-nicholas-sandmann

CNN's chief media correspondent Brian Stelter may have landed himself in hot water, according to the attorney of Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann.

Last week, Sandmann announced that The Washington Post settled the $250 million defamation lawsuit he filed over its botched coverage of a viral confrontation with a Native American elder that had portrayed the Kentucky teen as the aggressor. This followed the multi-million dollar settlement CNN made with the teenager back in January.

However, Sandmann's attorney Lin Wood spotted a retweet from Stelter of a tweet written by attorney Mark Zaid, who speculated about how much money the teen walked away with from the settlement.

"Those with zero legal experience (as far as I can tell) should not be conjecturing on lawsuits they know nothing about. What kind of journalism is that?" Zaid asked. "I've litigated defamation cases. [Sandmann] was undoubtedly paid nuisance value settlement & nothing more."

CNN does not learn do they?

Responding to Rangappa's tweet, Wood wrote "Heads are going to roll at CNN or @N1ckSandmann is going to filing another lawsuit & reveal truth."

Wood leveled a similar charge against Washington Post reporter Dan Zak, who suggested on Friday that the Post settled "for a small amount... in order to avoid a more expensive trial," later adding that it's the "American way."

Zak has since deleted the tweet, but he doubled down on the assertion, writing, "I delete about 30 percent of my tweets within 15 minutes. All are deleted within four months via Tweet Delete! Except really old tweets, which Tweet Delete doesn’t reach. But I stand by this theory! It’s the American way."

Looks like even WaPo is just as bad.

In March 2019, Sandmann's attorneys filed a suit against CNN for its coverage of the incident before all the facts had surfaced. The teen was seeking a whopping $800 million in damages from CNN, NBC, and the Post.

Among them: ABC, CBS, The Guardian, The Huffington Post, NPR, Slate, The Hill, and Gannett, which owns the Cincinnati Enquirer, as well as miscellaneous other small outfits, according to McMurtry.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du