Author Topic: Would you accept a border wall in exchange for amnesty?  (Read 2632 times)

Offline CC27

Would you accept a border wall in exchange for amnesty?
« on: September 14, 2017, 09:24:41 AM »
BluegrassDem (1,564 posts)

Would you accept a border wall in exchange for amnesty?

Just curious what everyone thinks about such a deal? Trump gets his wall and Dems get comprehensive immigration reform that guarantees a path to citizenship.

I think such a deal would be a boon for our party in coming years with all those new voters.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029592644

You gave your plan away DUmmie...

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: Would you accept a border wall in exchange for amnesty?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 09:34:31 AM »
Never happen. Trump ran on building the wall. He could agree to single payer, amnesty and trannies back in the military and they still would not vote for the wall.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 09:42:46 AM »

You gave your plan away DUmmie...

What the DUmmies don't understand..as a block, once these folks are given amnesty or some other protection, in due time they will fall back to thier conservative roots and realize they're more aligned with the (R)'s
Deplorable since 2016

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 10:50:23 AM »
What the DUmmies don't understand..as a block, once these folks are given amnesty or some other protection, in due time they will fall back to thier conservative roots and realize they're more aligned with the (R)'s

More my concern is these people will start voting in the same type of tyrants and thieves that were in power in the 3rd world dump they left. American does not ascend from these people being here, it descends. But that's another trait of liberals; they think the USA has become too powerful and needs to be brought low. And they use phrases like "5% of the population using 25% of the resources" to make their case. No thought of let's help raise others up, we have to be brought down. Resources and technology are zero-sum games to them; there's only so much to go around in left-wing wacko world.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 02:11:03 PM »

maybe in 100, 150 years, that's how long it takes for a demographic switch like this. In our lifetime, what it means is the entire US will turn into California, aka "North Mexico".

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 02:11:27 PM »
More my concern is these people will start voting in the same type of tyrants and thieves that were in power in the 3rd world dump they left. American does not ascend from these people being here, it descends. But that's another trait of liberals; they think the USA has become too powerful and needs to be brought low. And they use phrases like "5% of the population using 25% of the resources" to make their case. No thought of let's help raise others up, we have to be brought down. Resources and technology are zero-sum games to them; there's only so much to go around in left-wing wacko world.

My sentiments exactly, for some reason Mexicans, central and south americans just can't seem to figure out how to run a country properly. You have a small percantage of really rich and the rest are dirt poor, uneducated with no skills to ofefr in a modern society and no desire to assimilate. having an unending stream of people like this is death to the America we know and love.

If they want an amnesty, for every Mexican bring in 2 Europeans.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 03:16:02 PM »
A few years ago Rush had an idea regarding amnesty and voting rights.  Put a 50 year voting moratorium on anyone who is given amnesty.  That will diminish the dems desire to make all the illegals citizens if they can't see immediate results at the voting booth and it will also give the people gaining amnesty time to really get a feel for what makes this Country tick and let them form their political views for themselves.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 04:22:59 PM »

If they want an amnesty, for every Mexican bring in 2 Europeans deport 2 democrats.

FIFY

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 07:52:04 PM »
Only if it's a deadly force free-fire zone, all trains, trucks and cars are fumigated at the border, the whole thing is built and done before the first amnesty petition is granted or a blanket amnesty becomes effective, and the amnesty is only for the dreamers.  The first three aren't going to happen.  I really just hope the GOP doesn't get suckered again on this like it did in the Reagan years.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 09:51:09 AM »
The Old n Grumpy Comprehensive, common sense immigration bill:

1. ship out ALL the illegals.

2. Make English the official language of the US

3. Set a quota, with priority given to educated Europeans that can contribute to our society.

4. No welfare or handouts, you can't make it we ship you out.

5 .No immigration from south of the border for 20 years.

6. All "Anchor babies" get shipped out with their families, no benefits for them.

Build a wall with alligators and free fire zones, no bag limit.

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!