Author Topic: If all Democrats did was "Tax and Spend" there would be no Debt  (Read 600 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Bandit (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Jul-29-11 06:05 PM
Original message
If all Democrats did was "Tax and Spend" there would be no Debt

It is because Republicans Charge and Spend that we are in serious hock.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1607701

Yeah because God knows when they run out of money, they stop spending.  :whatever:
These goons really think that if only we raised taxes on those evil rich, everything will be rosy.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
Re: If all Democrats did was "Tax and Spend" there would be no Debt
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 06:58:06 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1607701

Yeah because God knows when they run out of money, they stop spending.  :whatever:
These goons really think that if only we raised taxes on those evil rich, everything will be rosy.

And what does that all boil down to really by definition?

Answer~ To live in their parent's basement for the rest of their lives for free.  :loser:

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 07:01:42 PM »
Once again -- for clarity..

National Debt at the time of this posting..

-or 14.34 Trillion

Gross Domestic Product - estimated for 2011

-15.23 Trillion

What Does Gross Domestic Product - GDP Mean?
The monetary value of all the finished goods and services produced within a country's borders in a specific time period, though GDP is usually calculated on an annual basis. It includes all of private and public consumption, government outlays, investments and exports less imports that occur within a defined territory.

GDP = C + G + I + NX

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/gdp.asp

Essentially GDP is the sum of what a country produces in a year - EVERYTHING. Including things that can't be monetized. This figure should not be confused with 'profit'

The short of it is we cant fix this with taxes. Even if we 'tax the rich' at 100% of their earnings, the US will only accrue a small fraction of what's needed to solve this problem.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 07:02:04 PM »

If only the government could have ALL the money.....

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 07:11:13 PM »
The short of it is we cant fix this with taxes. Even if we 'tax the rich' at 100% of their earnings, the US will only accrue a small fraction of what's needed to solve this problem.
Not only that, but you can only do it once, because after that they won't have anything to tax the next time. Yet, the insane spending will continue. What will they do then?

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 07:36:14 PM »
Considering we are borrowing $188 million/hour, it becomes painfully clear we DO NOT have a TAX problem, we have a SPENDING problem. 
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 08:02:02 PM »
Considering we are borrowing $188 million/hour, it becomes painfully clear we DO NOT have a TAX problem, we have a SPENDING problem.  

Indeed -

Here is a 5 minute, two person play I have written in LolCat for the intelligence impaired - Hopefully this will explain the problem to the primitives.

Quote from: LolCat Play

Oh Hai

Hai !

Can I has monee pleez ?

Whi ?

Cuz i spended all mai old monee..

ROFL - you self pwnd..

not reelee - i pwnt uz both. U gave me ten monees an i spended twenny monees. u owz me ten monees, kthxbai.

what you bai ?

cheezburgerz. i eated dem all.

kay - i gives you ten moneez - pay the cheezburgerz man, an you get new moneez at giftmas.'

k..i pay him..laterz..

laterz..

(five minutes later..)

Oh hai !

hai ! you paided cheezburger man ?

yes ! an he gives mee twenny moneez of cheezburgerz. i eated dem all. you owe me twenny moneez. kthxbai...

(fin.)

(edit -- colorized)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 08:10:19 PM by miskie »

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 08:38:16 PM »
Quote from:
Bandit

Then you should approve the Balanced Budget Amendment preventing gov't from spending more than it takes in via taxes.

Oh, you don't?

OK, then you're a liar.

Wow, that was easy to slap down.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 11:10:24 PM »
Bandit (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Jul-29-11 06:05 PM
Original message

It is because Republicans Charge and Spend that we are in serious hock.

If their spending were limited to the revenues from taxation, that would be true.  Of course, that isn't the case, nor is it either explicit or implied in "Tax and spend."  You are an idiot, which is to say, your economic and political analysis is on a par with the very best efforts of your fellow DUmmorrhoids.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.