Author Topic: Mad Dog Palin "It was like watching Gidget address the Reichstag"  (Read 1993 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Mad Dog Palin "It was like watching Gidget address the Reichstag"
« on: September 22, 2008, 05:21:31 PM »
kath  (1000+ posts)       Mon Sep-22-08 06:16 PM
Original message
Mad Dog Palin "It was like watching Gidget address the Reichstag"-Matt Taibbi hits one out ofthepark
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7146492

Edited on Mon Sep-22-08 06:17 PM by kath
It's not available online yet, but I HIGHLY recommend that everyone read this article in the current issue of Rollling Stone (Issue 1062, Oct. 2, 2008). Available at a newsstand, library, or bookstore near you...

Mad Dog Palin: The scariest thing about John McCain's running mate isn't how unqualified she is it's what her candidacy says about America.
By Matt Taibbi

excerpts:
"... Here's the thing about Americans. You can send their kids off by the thousands to get their balls blown off in foreign lands for no reason at all, saddle them with billions in debt year after congressional year while they spend their winters cheerfully watching game shows and football, pull the rug out from under their mortgages, and leave them living off their credit cards and their Wal-Mart salaries while you move their jobs to China and Bangalore.

And none of that matters, so long as you remember a few months before Election Day to offer them a two-bit caricature culled from some cutting-room-floor episode of Rosanne as part of your presidential ticket. And if she's a good enough likeness of a loudmouthed Middle American archetype, as Sarah Palin is, John Q. Public will drop his giant-size bag of Doritos in gratitude, wipe the Sizzlin Picante dust from his lips and rush to the booth to vote for her. Not because it makes sense, or because it has a chance of improving his life or anyone else's, but simply because it appeals to the low-humming narcissism that substitutes for his personality, because the image on TV reminds him of the mean, brainless slob he sees in the mirror every morning.

Sarah Palin is a symbol of everything that is wrong with the modern United States. As a representative of our political system, she's a new low in reptilian villainy, the ultimate cynical masterwork of puppeteers like Karl Rove. But more than that, she is a horrifying symbol of how little we ask for in return for the total surrender of our political power. Not only is Sarah Palin a fraud, she's the tawdriestm most half-assed fraud imaginable, 20 floors below the lowest the common denominator, a character too dumb even for daytime TV - and this country is going to eat her up, cheering her every step of the way. All because most Americans no longer have the energy to do anything but lie back and allow ourselves to be jacked off by the calculating thieves who run this grasping consumer paradise we call a nation."

These paragraphs are from the beginning of the article. Taibbi's just getting warmed up here.

That should play well in middle America, don't you think?

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Mad Dog Palin "It was like watching Gidget address the Reichstag"
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 05:24:19 PM »
What's that old saying about never interrupting a man who is shooting himself in the foot? This is going to play well in Middle America :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 05:28:48 PM »
It's like they have some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder and can't help themselves.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 05:29:26 PM »
In my very best dixiebelle voice

"Oh Bless his little heart"

****ing IDJIT :bird:

Yeah it just played real well here on the right coast..............can't wait for it to hit fly over country :lmao:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 05:31:26 PM »
It's like they have some sort of obsessive dumbass disorder and can't help themselves.

fixored.................they can't help but spill the dumbass all over em. A conservative brings out a can of whoop ass, a DUmbass poo flinging primitive brings out a can of dumbass, then spills it all over themself
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 05:34:28 PM »
It ain't OCD.  I just realized, this is bigotry.  

She isn't one of THEM.  She isn't an elite educated beyond her interlligence at some Ivy school.  She has succeeded in business and politics, but her husband isn't emasculated, and she isn't seem wide-eyed harpy.  She has a normal family with normal problems.  And the greatest terror of terror to them, she didn't abort her down's syndrome son.

That Americans like her is driving them nuts.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 07:11:38 PM »

She isn't one of THEM.  She isn't an elite educated beyond her interlligence at some Ivy school.  She has succeeded in business and politics, but her husband isn't emasculated, and she isn't seem wide-eyed harpy.  She has a normal family with normal problems.  And the greatest terror of terror to them, she didn't abort her down's syndrome son.

H5 for the connection.

Palin had 60,000 at her rally at The Villages in FL yesterday.  The RNC can't book her in enough places to fill all the requests.  What does that say, lurking DUmbasses?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 07:37:41 PM »
In my very best dixiebelle voice

"Oh Bless his little heart"

****ing IDJIT :bird:

Yeah it just played real well here on the right coast..............can't wait for it to hit fly over country :lmao:
:lmao: :cheersmate:

That's about right.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 07:38:42 PM »
They sure have a low opinion of the very people whose interest they claim to be looking out for.

If I didn't already know what vile, lowlife dumbasses they were, and simply witnessed the contempt and distaste they have for average working citizens, they'd be the last people on Earth I'd trust to look out for my "best interests."
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 08:19:39 PM »
tawdriestm  ?

:bawl:

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 08:55:06 PM »
Whole shitload of namecalling, not a shred of substance.  Does anyone really expect anything any different from the talentless hack Marxist worms at Rolling Stone?  Or CNN, for that matter?  Anyone who takes their political guidence from a gaggle of washed-up, coked-out hippies who call themselves "journalists" deserves to be smashed in the face with a Ryan Howard line drive.  Just sayin', yo.  :afro:

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 04:12:32 AM »
You know, I always liked the Gidget movies, but not as much as I liked the "Tammy" movies. Tammy always married a Dr. or lawyer...she was a real life example of the philosophy I've repeated endlessly to my husband..."what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine." My guess...most of the females at DU aren't woman enough to compel a man to at least pretend there's o way out of this situation. Weak metrosexual men suck.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline claret1995

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 04:46:39 AM »
You know, I always liked the Gidget movies, but not as much as I liked the "Tammy" movies. Tammy always married a Dr. or lawyer...she was a real life example of the philosophy I've repeated endlessly to my husband..."what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine." My guess...most of the females at DU aren't woman enough to compel a man to at least pretend there's o way out of this situation. Weak metrosexual men suck.Cindie

Yea mostly other MEN

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 09:29:29 AM »
Thanks, Matt Taibbi, for penning another chapter in the continuing saga known as "The Illustrated Story of Why the Demcorats Just Don't Get It."  Toodles!

:tongue:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jukin

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 09:54:31 AM »
Not only is Sarah Palin a fraud, she's the tawdriestm most half-assed fraud imaginable, 20 floors below the lowest the common denominator, a character too dumb even for daytime TV -

I'm an engineer but even I spot 4 spelling and grammar mistakes in that one sentence alone.

I sure hope that howling moonbat had a splash guard for his screen.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 12:13:20 PM »

H5 for the connection.

Palin had 60,000 at her rally at The Villages in FL yesterday.  The RNC can't book her in enough places to fill all the requests.  What does that say, lurking DUmbasses?

I would say.......................WER'E FU*KED!

:loser: :rotf: :loser: :rotf: :lmao: :evillaugh: :lmao:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 01:53:02 PM »
I wonder how many of the village idiots at DU even knew who Gidget was without using Google?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 02:01:03 PM »
I wonder how many of the village idiots at DU even knew who Gidget was without using Google?

They looked it up on Teh Wiki, then edited the content because she wasn't liberal enough.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford