Author Topic: "Vote Blue No Matter Who"  (Read 426 times)

Offline zeitgeist

"Vote Blue No Matter Who"
« on: February 23, 2020, 01:49:11 PM »
I give you the greatest rationalization thread in history. :whistling:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287565411

Undecided 42%
Elizabeth Warren20%
Joe Biden15%
Bernie Sanders12%
Pete Buttigieg6%
More...
Sun Feb 23, 2020, 06:31 AM
Star Member madaboutharry (32,289 posts)

"Vote Blue No Matter Who"
I had a good long think last night. Sanders is not my choice, in fact he is at the bottom of any list I would have. But this is what I have come to conclude: This is not about me or who I think should get the nomination. This upcoming election is about one thing and that is getting Trump out of The White House. Period. If Sanders gets the nomination, no matter how one feels about him or his policies (none of which will come to fruition even if we somehow magically get the Senate back), we all must vote for him and get every democrat we know to vote for him. This election is about democracy. This election is about The Supreme Court, the Federal Judiciary, reproductive rights, civil rights, voting rights, the right to a public education, access to health care, the sustainability of the planet, and even food security. It every single thing that has made America and the world a place we want to live in.

It is not about us. It is about something bigger than any individual.

The truth is that if Bernie wins the nomination and wins the election he will soon learn as most presidents have that governing isn't a campaign. He will not have a sycophantic Senate or House to grovel at his feet. He will actually have to do the job of being the president of all Americans. I think he knows that.

And one more thing: the primaries are not over. A day in politics can be a lifetime. Things can change in a day. We don't know who will be the nominee. But whoever it is, we must vote blue.

Tweet   

If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
PETE BUTTIGIEG

Is it just me or does this smell like fear and desperation has taken over? 

Who, who can save the day? <cue Mighty Mouse>

A brokered convention!  A name called out from the floor!

And a chant begins.  Hillary!   Hillary!!  Hillary!!!

Thus she, like FDR, is nominated by acclimation.

(optional reading here:
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2016/03/how-franklin-roosevelt-won-the-contested-1932-convention-and-the-white-house.html)

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline zeitgeist

Re: "Vote Blue No Matter Who"
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 01:52:31 PM »
Whoopsie, premature post.  I shall have to row back to get the comments.   :popcorn:

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 01:55:57 PM »
I had a good long think last night.

A long drawn-out crap is a good long STINK not a good long think.  But I can see how a lefty would confuse the two.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 01:57:51 PM »
Sometimes a post says more than intended. :whistling:

Star Member paleotn (6,510 posts)

21. Exactly.

He's well aware that DC is a giant sausage factory, just as Elizabeth Warren is. And that's exactly what democracy is supposed to be. You don't get exactly your way, but neither do I. We come up with something we can both live with and move on to the next problem. Why Americans still, to this day, can't seem to understand that, I'll never know.

Here now, let's not get into Lizzie's private affairs!   :rotf:

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 02:06:46 PM »
This was just one of several threads at the DUmp along this line.  Here is a quick google of others:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Vote+blue+no+matter+who+site:democraticunderground.com&gbv=2&sei=F9pSXvOfGM24gge11qnQDg