Author Topic: Hundreds of Teenagers Sow Chaos at Memphis Mini Golf Park  (Read 797 times)

Online Mary Ann

Hundreds of Teenagers Sow Chaos at Memphis Mini Golf Park
« on: July 28, 2020, 09:06:24 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213818201

Tue Jul 28, 2020, 08:58 AM
Dial H For Hero (201 posts)

Hundreds of Teenagers Sow Chaos at Memphis Mini Golf Park

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/27/us/teens-memphis-crowded-mini-golf.html

Hundreds of teenagers crowded a mini golf center in Memphis this weekend, leaving flower pots smashed, the concession area in shambles and employees wondering how a putt-putt park could devolve into a ruckus involving the police, a stampede and a viral video of the chaos. The crowd at the center, the Golf and Games Family Park, gradually grew larger over the course of Saturday, until the number of people became “pretty unsustainable,” Aaron Bos, a general manager, said.

At one point, 300 to 400 teenagers had gathered at the mini golf park, according to Lt. Karen Rudolph, a spokeswoman for the Memphis Police Department. She noted that the crowd was in violation of the city’s coronavirus restrictions. It was not immediately clear why so many teenagers came to the park, and the teenagers who were present could not immediately be identified. Mr. Bos said he had heard it was coordinated on social media.

The situation deteriorated quickly after Mr. Bos spotted teenagers “jumping over the rails and hopping in cars” at the go-kart attraction, he said. Then fights started breaking out, he said. He decided to close the park, which only escalated the situation. Frustrated teenagers demanded refunds, Mr. Bos said, despite his offer that any credits purchased could be used at a later date.

About 50 teenagers “shoved past the manager and mobbed the concession area,” Mr. Bos said, noting that he did not see any of them wearing masks. The indoor area at the park was limited to 50 percent capacity, or around 100 people; the crowding was mostly outdoors before a group moved inside, he said. A group of girls asked Mr. Bos for money back using an obscenity, he said. One girl hurled a plexiglass divider and a metal post over the counter at employees, in an altercation caught on a video that has been circulating widely on social media.

(excerpt)
A rampage of feral, unmasked children. DUpipo jump to the _obvious_ conclusion:
bobbieinok (12,747 posts)

4. RIOT!! Where's the tear gas? No feds suited up? Oh, sorry---white kids, amirite??
AleksS (820 posts)

7. The lack of pictures supports your theory

Usually if it’s black kids, they have pictures posted for miles. Since there’s not a single picture at the article of the kids involved, that leads me to think “lily white.”

Also, if a group isn’t white, journalists can’t seem to resist pointing it out usually. Since there’s no “a group of mostly black teens” line in there, that’s more evidence in support of your theory.

Still just a theory, but the evidence is promising.

9. Or not. See post #8.

8. Here's the video linked to the article:
(Tweeted video of a mob of Black teenagers rampaging, smashing things, throwing things, endangering people...)

That's pretty much the end of it. This is one to watch. It may become _very_ entertaining.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: Hundreds of Teenagers Sow Chaos at Memphis Mini Golf Park
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 09:47:35 AM »

4. RIOT!!

Hey the DUmbass got it right

Where's the tear gas?

I didn't realize that a miniature golf course would have that on hand for normal business.

No feds suited up?

A miniature golf course is a Federal facility?

Oh, sorry---white kids, amirite??

You're a DUmbass so no.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 10:34:38 AM »
kids just following the lead of the "portland patriots"...

Looks like obama's daughters caught up in what was originally perceived by the DUmp as a white kids problem at the putt putt...
https://twitter.com/i/status/1287225470459744257
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 10:58:09 AM »

4. RIOT!! Where's the tear gas? No feds suited up? Oh, sorry---white kids, amirite??

Noyerrong. See the pix, https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8562571/Hundreds-unattended-teenagers-destructive-rampage-Memphis-mini-golf-center.html
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 11:21:09 AM »
Oh, sorry---white kids, amirite??
No, you're wrong, since the rioters the feds are arresting are also mostly white.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 11:37:25 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213818201

A rampage of feral, unmasked children. DUpipo jump to the _obvious_ conclusion:That's pretty much the end of it. This is one to watch. It may become _very_ entertaining.

Their parents must be SO proud!  If I had even been present there, I'd have had a knot jerked in me right d*mn quick. 
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 11:45:53 AM »
Sadly typical urban teen savagery.
When a bunch of urban teens get together in a public place, their inevitably posting about it on social media will draw even more of their buddies and others to what they come to see as a big party like moths to a flame. The bigger the numbers get, in turn, the wilder and harder to control they become, until a disagreement inevitably happens among two or more of them that almost immediately escalates into violence, which turns into a brawl, which turns into a riot.
The place's owners then declaring the park closed, in turn, further enraged them and caused them to turn their aggression on the owner and the park in general.
It's the way of things with urban teens who've had no effective parenting to teach them limits, are immersed in a culture that openly glamorizes violence and lawlessness, and have a belief that they're entitled to everything they want in life.

And, of course, the DUmmies have no problem with none of them wearing masks and gathering in large numbers (As is the case with the BLM and Antifa rioters), but believe that gathering in church even with masks and social distancing should be illegal.
No, you're wrong, since the rioters the feds are arresting are also mostly white.
Good point.
I'd also point out that the DUmmy AleksS's claim that the teen rioters HAD to have been white on the grounds that there were (At first) no pictures of the rioters and no mention of their race is a complete crock. I've observed the opposite is true in cases like this; They make a point of avoiding mentioning the races of the teens involved when they're minorities unless it is absolutely unavoidable. It's kind of the same reason why, when Muslim teen gangs cause problems in England, the media reports on it refer to them as "Asian youths" or similar misleading euphemisms.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 04:39:58 AM by Movie buff- The Sequel »

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 07:34:37 PM »
Response to Dial H For Hero (Original post)

Tue Jul 28, 2020, 03:07 PM

superpatriotman (4,785 posts)
31. This is sickening

I grew up in a bad neighborhood and kids never acted like this. What makes them think this is okay in any universe?

Take one guess you idiot.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 09:26:37 PM »
Not generally speaking unruly.  Mostly peaceful.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 09:38:15 PM »
"Probably White kids."  I wonder if any of those crack-smoking DUmp-monkeys have ever actually been to anything in the Memphis area.

:rotf:  :rotf:  :rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2020, 06:32:02 AM »
I thought media shorthand for these people were "youths"
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)