Author Topic: We are making progress folks, hang tough  (Read 745 times)

Offline 5412

We are making progress folks, hang tough
« on: July 27, 2011, 05:29:14 PM »
Hi,

Following is a link to an article where the tea party folks are saying Boehner needs to go, something most of us felt from day 1.  He is getting opposition even in his own state.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/tea-party-leader-john-boehner-has-to-go/

God I hope the new conservatives in the house hang tough, this is one time if the tail is big enough it can wag the dog......

regards,

Offline Right_Is_Right

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: We are making progress folks, hang tough
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 05:31:59 PM »
I wonder if Boehner will cry when he hears about this?
No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Offline 5412

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 05:36:10 PM »
I wonder if Boehner will cry when he hears about this?

Hi,

I don't know why I did not articulate this earlier but there has to be a true transfer of power in Washington.  The last election sent a message but the true transfer did not take place, the good old boy and seniority system is designed to thwart that effort.  I think that is why you are seeing Senators like Rubio hanging back for the moment.  If Boehner cannot control his own party, they then compare him to Pelosi, who despite all the public hatred for her, delivered the party votes in the house when they felt they needed them.  Then what a delightful problem, who then do the democrats and BO negotiate with?  Who speaks as the true representative of the house majority?

Perhaps someone who truly believes enough is enough.....

regards,

Offline Right_Is_Right

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 05:40:50 PM »
Hi,

I don't know why I did not articulate this earlier but there has to be a true transfer of power in Washington.  The last election sent a message but the true transfer did not take place, the good old boy and seniority system is designed to thwart that effort.  I think that is why you are seeing Senators like Rubio hanging back for the moment.  If Boehner cannot control his own party, they then compare him to Pelosi, who despite all the public hatred for her, delivered the party votes in the house when they felt they needed them.  Then what a delightful problem, who then do the democrats and BO negotiate with?  Who speaks as the true representative of the house majority?

Perhaps someone who truly believes enough is enough.....

regards,

I've been sending notes to Boehner since he was named SOTH, each time reminding him of what conservatives expect from him. While he is a huge step up from the Wicked Witch from the Left, he is NOT what we need right now. I REALLY like Rubio, articulate, intelligent and tough. That's what we need!  :cheersmate:
No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Offline unbiased

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 06:43:01 PM »
Hi,

Following is a link to an article where the tea party folks are saying Boehner needs to go, something most of us felt from day 1.  He is getting opposition even in his own state.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/tea-party-leader-john-boehner-has-to-go/

God I hope the new conservatives in the house hang tough, this is one time if the tail is big enough it can wag the dog......

regards,

Thank you for this post!! I live in Boehner's district and have voted for him for 20yrs. He is failing our country. I said that he was paid off on a different thread on this site and was accused of being a liberal. Boehner has be Washingtonized. He needs to go. The bad thing is that he only had two run against him in his last promary. After he won that he got like 80% of the vote against a dem.
Once you have wrestled, everything else in life is easy.