Author Topic: I have a question for all  (Read 2448 times)

Offline 5412

Re: I have a question for all
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 12:48:29 PM »
It gets their foot in the door. It may not be exactly what they want, but it is more power. Once "public health care" is enacted, the degree is merely a matter of rules, not votes.

As for why do it at all, when the public doesn't want it? The type of people who go in to politics today do not do it for public service, they do it for themselves. I've always been of the opinion that wanting to run for public office should be an automatic disqualification for said office. Democrat politicians want to exert control over us. They desperately want to increase that control while they can. If they wait too much longer, it may not happen, especially after the '10 elections.

Hi,

I am a believer that the founding fathers missed one very important point.  For them it was truly a sacrifice to serve their country, they rode on horseback or in wagons for days to get to our nation's capital, which was not the most comfortable place on earth in the summertime to say the least.  They left behind their family farms and businesses, many were the patriarch of those family and worried about what was going on at home in their absence.  The thought of a career politician never entered their mind.  From what I understant General Washington just wanted to go home to his farm and be left alone.

Had they any inkling of a career politician, much for the reasons you mentioned, they would have thought the person to be insane, they would have put congressional term limits in the Constitution.  Last time I saw, I think something like 90% of the public was in favor of term limits but last time Gingrich tried to get it done it died in a senate committee.

Gee, what a surprise,

regards,