Author Topic: What Trump should be saying about his tax returns  (Read 532 times)

Offline 5412

What Trump should be saying about his tax returns
« on: October 02, 2016, 03:40:20 PM »
Hi,

No one on this forum should be surprised that confidential tax information was leaked to the NYT from the government.  We all could have predicted it.

Trump should be saying that he fully expected it all along and that is one reason you should vote for him. 

Is this nothing more than another HUGE example of corruption in government?  The IRS has become an arm of the democrat party.  Will the head of the IRS be asked to step down?  Will the culprit be fined and jailed?  Will the NYT reporter be brought to congress and jailed because he will not reveal his sources?  Of course not.  The culprit probably will get a promotion.

Why have we not seen leaks about the Clinton Foundation?  IRS says it is under investigation and nothing will ever come of it.

Trump should be taking this issue and using it to expose just how out of control the government is and he is the one candidate who would be motivated to fix it.

The IRS is the only court in the land where you are considered GUILTY until you prove yourself innocent.  They are a giant shakedown organization that targets conservative groups and taxpayers with much more frequency.  Please explain why Paula Jones, who filed the standard exemption (did not itemize) was randomly audited 10 years in a row?  It is in the realm of a statistical impossibility.

What they should be blaring from the rooftops is the corruption which was fully expected.  Let someone leak Hillary's email or other things and they are traitors and should be executed.  Let a lib leak something it is considered a public service. 

As far as the issue of Trump not paying taxes.  Easily explained.  When you own a business or invest the government is your business partner, like a leech.  They are worse than an ex wife wanting more in alimony. 

In the peak of my earning years I worked 80+ hours a week and spent 40 weeks on the road.  When the numbers were tallied, the government took 49% of my taxable income when you add in both halves of Social Security and Medicare.

Now, when you lose money, you are on your own.  I took a huge tax loss on a stock that I sold when the internet stocks crashed.  The government lets you deduct the amount of your gains, plus $3,000 against current income.  I lost $300K so I can write off $3,000/year for the next 100 years.  If Trump is still eating off a $900 million tax loss ten years ago; so what?  He has not violated the law.  You can be damn sure the IRS is all over his tax return and has been for decades.

Regards,

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: What Trump should be saying about his tax returns
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 03:49:49 PM »
Drudge is saying that the New York Times didn't pay any (corporate) income taxes in 2014, and got a $3.5 million refund, to bring their after-tax profit to close to $30 million that year.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline 5412

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 08:42:45 PM »
Hi,

I sent the gist of my post to Limbaugh yesterday.  I'll be damned if he didn't lead with it today.  I wonder if he read my email.

Regards,

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 08:17:36 PM »
Hi,

I sent the gist of my post to Limbaugh yesterday.  I'll be damned if he didn't lead with it today.  I wonder if he read my email.

Regards,

It wouldn't surprise me at all, 5412!😊
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)