Author Topic: Trump's "Civil War" Nonsense is Ludicrous  (Read 824 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Trump's "Civil War" Nonsense is Ludicrous
« on: October 03, 2019, 02:11:34 PM »
Star Member MineralMan (123,883 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212525373

Impeachment is a process laid out clearly in the Constitution of the United States. Any Federal officer right up to the President can be impeached by the House of Representatives. If impeachment is successful that officer faces a trial in the Senate, where a 2/3 vote is required to remove the officer from his or her job.

Nothing could be more American or more patriotic. Impeachment is built into our Constitution, to ensure that a President or other officer of the federal government cannot commit "High Crimes and Misdemeanors" with impunity. Congress is a separate branch of our government, equal to the other two branches, and has its own set of responsibilities under the Constitution. Among those is the power to impeach.

An Impeachment will not cause a Civil War. It is just our government acting as it is supposed to do - acting according to the document that lays out how our government will operate.

So, be quiet, President Trump. Plan your defense against the charges that might be laid in an impeachment. Stop threatening our nation for doing what the Constitution charges it to do.

That'd be great, thanks.

:thatsright: MM misses the entire point, but that's not something new or anything...

Runningdawg (2,491 posts)

1. From where I sit down here in deep dark red territory

I see civil war as a very real possibility. These hillbillies have been planning it for the last 165 years. Trump has been encouraging this since he announced his candidacy. There have been many mentions of the deep state, coups and other violence. It won't be like the last one, this one will have no boundaries and no defined troops. If you think it's not a possibility let me remind you the people who trained Tim Mcveigh are still active in OK, stronger than ever before and there are more like them in every state.

TheRealNorth (1,347 posts)

27. I think you underestimate them

They haven't bought all those AR-15's just for show.

28. That's exactly what most of them were bought for.

It's impossible to underestimate right wingers. No matter how little you think of them, you're always off the mark.

customerserviceguy (22,128 posts)

4. Normally, I'd agree with you on that

But we have someone who is not going to go quietly when it is time to leave. He will work on tearing this country apart. The GOP and especially Trump are good at only one thing, divide and conquer. When he tries to tell red America that blue America is "punishing" it for electing him, it may well resonate.

I fear that we will see pressures to split in two that haven't been felt since 1860.

10. It doesn't even have to be violence

Secession moves all start out as nonviolence.

Would the blue states be willing to send troops to the red states to keep them in the Union? Maybe not this time.

11. Secession? Really?

Give me a break, OK?

15. I've detected it in Trump's words. If things get worse for him, you might find it, too. The current set of remarks is only the beginning.

Assume we have a Democratic President being sworn in on January 20, 2021. Do you really think that Trump and the hard right wing will cheer him/her on? If Trump manages to limp into still being the nominal president by that day, he will set the tone by refusing to attend the inauguration.

He will offer red states the promise of the end of equal marriage, the ability to keep any firearm that a person wants to own, a halt to abortions, and relief from wealth taxes to any part of the US that wishes to break free of what he will call "Democrat tyranny".

How many will be able to resist that in red America?

I admire your hopefulness, and would like to share it, but I cannot at this point. Maybe if we see Trump slink back into wherever he crawled out from under after taking a deal where he would resign in exchange for a pardon that could happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

The asshole is nothing but trouble. He thought he could build his brand with birtherism and running for president, then he got a long taste of having incredible power. He's not going to give that up easily.

:mental:

17. Trump isn't "all that," you know.

He's just not.

18. Maybe where you live in Minnesota

He's way more popular in places that I travel through. There are still Trump election signs out there from the last time, still plenty of bumper stickers, caps, etc.

Imagine a Democratic President calling for reparations, weapons confiscations, and taxpayer-funded abortions, then imagine how red staters will feel about that. Also imagine Trump telling them that they don't have to accept it.

When you and I were kids, a new President had something called a "honeymoon" period, where the newly elected leader had a shot at getting an agenda through, perhaps modified by compromise, within a "first hundred days", because the losing party respected the notion that the new Chief Executive had a "mandate".

Today's honeymoons are measured in milliseconds. It can properly be said that Trump is perceived to have never had one, there being calls for his impeachment the day after the election. Right-wingers will certainly recall it that way, and they are not about to give a millimeter to a President Biden or President Warren.

Also, when Barack Obama left the White House, while he did say that he would speak out against what he saw as injustices (being deliberately vague on where they would come from) during the coming years, he sat back and let things unfold. I have absolutely no illusions that Trump would do anything like that. And that's no matter whether he's out by resignation, impeachment, or losing an election.

He's out to stir shit like we've never seen in our lifetimes.

:stoner:

Star Member lunatica (43,879 posts)

26. Without him they are leaderless and will run out of energy quickly

Have you ever heard of a cult member rising to leadership after the founding cult leader fails?

Cult members are psychological followers who need someone to be their messiah to save them. They obviously don’t believe they can save themselves, so it follows that they don’t believe they can save others, or that they even entertain such ideas.

Star Member malaise (196,374 posts)

6. ITTMF RFN!

That is all

Star Member TheBlackAdder (13,494 posts)

19. Many GOP towns pushed to get surplus military hardware--the same hardware that will suppress them.

:???:

30. You think the town sheriff that they elected is going to turn around and use that equipment...

On the MAGATS?

The GOP crookedness in some of these small towns would make Mayor Daley blush. It's worse now than it has ever been because most local newspapers are dead and the focus of the rest is on the big cities.

42. The purpose was to deploy this equipment locally and have the municipalities pick up maintenance.

Last edited Mon Sep 30, 2019, 02:08 PM - Edit history (1)

When the National Guard seizes the equipment, the sheriffs will be just holding their dicks.

These sales just removed the warehousing of equipment at AG depots and armories.

These yahoo sheriffs will be in for a rude awakening if shit really hits the fan.

Who is the National Guard, you ****ing idiots? Those same MAGA wearing hillbillies as you call them. You think they are going to back the Washington DC Dems over their own townsfolk?

52. Well, those governors will be the ones deciding on whether to shoot on their own citizens or not.

.It won't be up to some elected local yahoo, who is acting as Little Hitler.

They are totally delusional.

Star Member JohnnyRingo (13,753 posts)

31. This "hot civil war" relies on an army of young healthy warriors.

A quick look at Trump's 40% base reveals a majority of Medicare recipients who have to wear an oxygen tank and walk with a cane. At best, there are a large number of aging Vietnam War vets who have to stay up late to catch Hannity on TV.

This civil war may well amount to an increase in cantankerous letters to the editor.

50. While they are not the majority....

They still have plenty of young folks to carry weapons. Our advantage in military-aged men and women is not that large (maybe 2:1) Furthermore, numbers won't matter as much if they have more and better weapons and know how to use them.

Look at the first Civil War. The North had more men and (generally) better weaponry, but it took about 2 years before we had a cavalry (which was critical in the collection of military intelligence at that time) and leadership that was as good as the South's.

Wars are not always won by the side with the larger numbers.

38. Have you kept up with the number of military who have been charged with terrorist activities?

Not the wash-out wannabes. Guys on active duty, some in the upper ranks. Those are the ones that got CAUGHT. They are like cockroaches, when you see one in the light of day, you better believe there are thousands more in the dark.

:thatsright:

Can you list them for me? I think there might be a handful out of the million or so plus active duty military. Better yet, let's count all the local boys who joined ISIS and Al Qaeda. We should lock all that demographic up...  :whatever:

41. No, I can't say I have. So, what number? How many?

Show me links to demonstrate that it's a big problem. Thanks.

48. And with that attitude you can KEEP waiting

Some of us have a life. I am not here to jump when you demand it.

Star Member Revanchist (1,270 posts)

66. Don't make a claim

Then get mad when people call you out and ask for proof. It's YOUR job to back up what you state, not ours.

:rotf:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: Trump's "Civil War" Nonsense is Ludicrous
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 02:25:00 PM »

42. The purpose was to deploy this equipment locally and have the municipalities pick up maintenance.

Last edited Mon Sep 30, 2019, 02:08 PM - Edit history (1)

When the National Guard seizes the equipment, the sheriffs will be just holding their dicks.

These sales just removed the warehousing of equipment at AG depots and armories.

These yahoo sheriffs will be in for a rude awakening if shit really hits the fan.
The DUmmies are really stuck on the "National" part of National Guard...
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 03:22:03 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212525373

Impeachment is a process laid out clearly in the Constitution of the United States.

Yes it is, but you need to have a CRIME to impeach him for stupid! :thatsright:

And when the civil war starts be sure to wear your " I"me a progressive" t shirt so they know who to shoot. :-) :-) :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 05:07:05 PM »
"26. Without him they are leaderless and will run out of energy quickly"

They have never understood this one very important fact:

He is not our "leader" and never was.

He is our mouthpiece, our megaphone.

He speaks with our voice.

Eliminate him, we find another.  Eventually.  More quickly, because now we know what we want and how to get it.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels