Author Topic: Boeing whistleblower John Barnett found dead days after testifying against compa  (Read 346 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Boeing whistleblower John Barnett found dead days after testifying against company: report
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/boeing-whistleblower-john-barnett-found-dead-days-testifying-against-company

The whistleblower that publicly raised doubts about Boeing's production standards has reportedly been found dead.

The Charleston County Coroner's Office told the BBC that John Barnett, 62, died from a self-inflicted wound on Saturday. According to the BBC, Barnett was cross-examined by Boeing's lawyers and his own attorney days before he died.

The court planned for Barnett to answer more questions on Saturday, but he did not appear as planned.

The BBC reported that he was later found dead in his truck, which was parked in a hotel parking garage.

This makes you go hmmmmmmmm......................
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

Probably more likely he died from clintonicide
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Airwolf

I saw the story on the news. Strange indeed .
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Drafe Hoblin

-Ever been in a parking-garage that isn't loaded with surveillance-cams?

In this case, me 'n Friedrich Nietzsche (you are your own worst enemy) can only conclude that Barnett lost perspective and let things spiral out of control going-into last weekend.

Does Boeing have a DEI problem?  -Looks like it.  But hundreds-of-thousands are following every move that Boeing has been making lately... and a 'major scandal' just isn't developing in a way that murder would be an option to get an individual, department, or team off some pending hook.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Boeing whistleblower found dead of a gunshot wound; didn't finish testimony against the company
https://www.theblaze.com/news/boeing-whistleblower-found-dead-of-a-gunshot-wound

John Barnett, 62, worked for Boeing for 32 years. Prior to his retirement in 2017, he worked on the 787 Dreamliner as a quality manager at the Boeing factory in North Charleston, South Carolina.

Barnett recently became involved in a whistleblower lawsuit against Boeing, blasting the company for allegedly retaliating against him for detailing possible safety issues at the aerospace and defense corporation's factories. He was poised last week to continue with his pretrial deposition but never showed up.

Barnett was found dead Saturday in his truck outside his South Carolina hotel, reported the BBC.

The Charleston County Coroner told the BBC that the Boeing whistleblower died from a "self-inflicted" wound and that police were investigating.

This gets more bizarre. John Barnett was to testify before he died under suspicious circumstances.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Boeing Whistleblower: ‘If Anything Happens to Me, It’s Not Suicide’
https://modernity.news/2024/03/15/boeing-whistleblower-if-anything-happens-to-me-its-not-suicide/

The Boeing whistleblower who supposedly killed himself reportedly told a close family friend not to believe it if it was announced he had committed suicide.

62-year-old John Barnett died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, the Charleston County coroner’s office in South Carolina said earlier this week.

Barnett had previously raised concerns about the company’s production issues having worked for the company for 32 years before leaving in 2017.

According to his attorneys, Barnett had “exposed very serious safety problems with the Boeing 787 Dreamliner and was retaliated against and subjected to a hostile work environment” and was in the middle of a legal deposition against Boeing.

“He was in very good spirits and really looking forward to putting this phase of his life behind him and moving on. We didn’t see any indication he would take his own life. No one can believe it,” said the attorneys.

John Barnett told a close friends to not believe he committed suicide.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du