Author Topic: Disney Fires Gina Carano  (Read 751 times)

Online Drafe Hoblin

Disney Fires Gina Carano
« on: February 10, 2021, 10:16:05 PM »
the star of The Mandalorian...

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/mandalorian-gina-carano-1234905589/

Glad I never subscribed to DisneyPlus.  They were already in hot water for coddling Red China. 

Offline NJCardFan

• Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Disney Fires Gina Carano
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 10:40:18 PM »
So she was fired for telling the truth. Go figure.
Leftism Is A Bottomless Pit Of Absurdity

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 08:31:12 AM »
If those posts were the worst of what she posted ... wow.  This is why we call them snowflakes.

The tolerant left, ain't.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 09:34:23 AM »
“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children,” Carano wrote Instagram. “Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views.”

It kinda sounds like she painted too accurate a portrait of the SJW totalitarians, because they did exactly what she was warning against.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 06:35:14 PM »
A good commentary on the issue: https://youtu.be/qsk_TIwidDs

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 07:54:05 PM »
If those posts were the worst of what she posted ... wow.  This is why we call them snowflakes.

The intolerant left.

KC

Fixed it for ya.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 08:26:56 PM »
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Online Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 05:17:39 AM »
Sensational vid, DLR. Perfect summarization.

Russia's having a field-day...  " Why does that country tolerate a corporation who throws mud on itself? "  (I noticed Roseanne Barr's name in one of the responses.)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2021, 08:09:55 AM »
The double standard continues.....

https://nypost.com/2021/02/11/gina-carano-is-canceled-by-the-dark-side-of-double-standards/

Trivializing the Holocaust is fine as long as you’re doing so in the course of attacking anybody on the right, and we know this because the lead actor on “The Mandalorian” did so. In June 2018, Pedro Pascal sent out a tweet suggesting two things were alike: One image, captioned “Germany, 1944,” depicted Jews behind barbed wire. The second, captioned “America, 2018,” was meant to suggest young accused illegal immigrants behind bars in America. (Actually, it was a 2010 picture of Palestinian kids awaiting meals at a soup kitchen.)

This one proves the left has no sense of humor remaining though...

snip
....and she (Carino) made a joke about trans people (or rather, a joke about language standards: she listed her pronouns as beep/bop/boop, which proved that among the woke left, three nonsense syllables can cause surprising rage).
  :rotf:
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2021, 10:30:52 AM »
I've never watched the mandalorian but have a question for those who do.  Was her character a main character or a side character that can be easily disposed of without any disruption to the plotline as in the Star Trek Ensign Ricky meme below?

Police lives matter.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2021, 11:11:33 AM »
I've never watched the mandalorian but have a question for those who do.  Was her character a main character or a side character that can be easily disposed of without any disruption to the plotline as in the Star Trek Ensign Ricky meme below?

I don't watch the show, but my social media mutuals do.

She was not the main character, but she was a prominent, recurring character who was going to get her own show because she was so popular with the fans.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2021, 07:20:35 PM »
Prices skyrocket for action figures of Carano's character.

https://youtu.be/HBX6q_YkxTU

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2021, 11:10:07 PM »

Cara Dune was a character that was in a few episodes helping out Mando on his more important quests, usually involving the Child, aka Grogu. I wouldn't call her character Ensign Ricky level but the character could be recast and probably will be considering her rumored lead role in the new show Rangers of the New Republic, one of the Mandalorian spinoff shows announced at the recent D23 reveal.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 11:12:21 PM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DLR Pyro

Police lives matter.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2021, 01:27:59 PM »
Gina Carano STRIKES BACK: Fired Star Wars star slams cancel culture, announces new project with Shapiro's Daily Wire
https://thepostmillennial.com/gina-carano-strikes-back-fired-star-wars-star-slams-cancel-culture-announces-new-project-with-shapiros-daily-wire

Gina Carano is already back on her feet after having been booted from Disney on Wednesday. On Friday, she announced a new deal with the Daily Wire to make a movie.

Critics are calling her firing from Disney politically motivated, since she is openly conservative and a Trump supporter. She clashed with people on social media regularly over politics, the lockdowns, and the use of pronouns, among other things.

Hollywood cancelled @ginacarano for being conservative. That's bullshit. So we're fighting back. Become a DW member today with promo code GINA for 25% off, and join the cultural resistance. https://t.co/m3mVwcEFsc— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) February 12, 2021

"Hollywood cancelled @ginacarano for being conservative. That's bullshit. So we're fighting back. Become a DW member today with promo code GINA for 25% off, and join the cultural resistance," said the Daily Wire's Ben Shapiro in his tweet.

Gina Carano has a new project the Daily Wire.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du