Author Topic: What time on Wednesday, January 6th will the Georgia steal take place?  (Read 759 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
About to retire for the evening, but pondering the Georgia Senate runoffs.  As of now, both Perdue and Loeffler are ahead by over 1 percentage point with 85+% of votes counted.

It reminds me of finally falling asleep on November 3rd/4th only to wake up that President Trump's 900k lead in Pennsylvania disappeared overnight.  Amongst other state shenanigans.

Any thoughts? :popcorn:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: What time on Wednesday, January 6th will the Georgia steal take place?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 10:48:26 PM »
Well, if you're still awake, it appears Warnock has won and Perdue's lead has shrunk to ~1k-3k.

It sounds as if republicans may not have shown up in the numbers necessary (shame on them!). No need for overnight shenanigans.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 10:52:20 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 12:00:38 AM »
Looks like it is going to be a Democrat sweep. All counties are in except DeKalb, 12% outstanding, Ossoff is leading there 4 to 1, only needs 1100 votes to take the lead.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 12:05:17 AM »
Loeffler is toast.  She has been consistently 20,000 votes behind Perdue.  Looks like there are some Georgia Republicansmad as hell at Kemp and Loeffler. 

RINOs take notice of this:  MAGA voters have long memories and are tired of your $#!+.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 07:03:07 AM »
According to the NY Post, Loeffler lost by over 40K votes. She hasn't conceded, however. Newsmax announced Ossoff's win early this morning.

The Cheat Machine -- can't deny its effectiveness, especially in the Peach State.

It'll be a 50/50 Senate, with Kamala-toe casting the deciding vote IF the usual swarm of RINOs vote with their R designation -- which is, as we all know -- a joke. Mittens, Murkowski, Collins, et. al.

In short, we're ****ed. Again.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 07:05:41 AM by Eupher »
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 07:49:47 AM »
Well, if you're still awake, it appears Warnock has won and Perdue's lead has shrunk to ~1k-3k.

It sounds as if republicans may not have shown up in the numbers necessary (shame on them!). No need for overnight shenanigans.

Just as I suspected.  Went into bed and didn't look at any news until about 6 am.

Someone called Rush's show (I think) a few weeks ago, and a caller suggested that the Red counties should hold onto their votes until the very end instead of the Dems relying on DeKalb County or other communist Blue one to flip the script.

Well, nothing I could do as I don't live there.  My state voted for Trump and re-elected our Republican Senator.  A Dem won my House district, so it certainly wasn't a clean sweep.

Let the beatings continue until morale improves...

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 08:47:12 AM »
How is it that both senate seats were up for grabs at the same time?  I thought the 2 senators from each state had staggered terms.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 09:01:09 AM »
How is it that both senate seats were up for grabs at the same time?  I thought the 2 senators from each state had staggered terms.

IIRC, Loeffler's seat was vacated by a Republican a couple years ago.  She was appointed and finished the term until a new election could be held.  So the wife-beater Warnock may only get 2 or 4 years rather than the traditional 6 years.

Someone please correct me on the details.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 09:34:31 AM »
IIRC, Loeffler's seat was vacated by a Republican a couple years ago.  She was appointed and finished the term until a new election could be held.  So the wife-beater Warnock may only get 2 or 4 years rather than the traditional 6 years.

Someone please correct me on the details.

I understand there's only 2 years left on the seat in question.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 01:58:45 PM »
I understand there's only 2 years left on the seat in question.

Thanks.  I didn't bother looking up the details, but knew it was to fill a partial term.