Author Topic: So, yesterdat at the Petco...  (Read 650 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
So, yesterdat at the Petco...
« on: June 09, 2021, 09:08:08 AM »
634-5789 (2,329 posts)

...We are at the cashier's check out station, and soon there were 5, 6,then 7 more people in line, nary an employee to be found. Suddenly out of the back room comes an employee, but is grabbed up by an inquisitive buyer, I mentioned to my wife that there was just no excuse for just ONE employee in the store, and some obvious TeapubliKKKan behind us yelled out, "WELL! If Biden would quit paying people to stay home then maybe there would be more employees available."

This hopped up hosebag should have STFU, as my USPS Union Steward of a wife told her, "Well, maybe YOU would like to be a $7.25 an hour employee, instead of receiving a living wage like the rest of the civilized world. Oh, but wait, that would mean that YOU would have to actually work instead of spouting weary Fox Noise talking points, wouldn't it?".

She left immediately, and I saw her drive off in her Lexus. Another guy looked up from his basket of cat food and said "Thank you, Ma'am. We need a hell of a LOT MORE of people speaking up to the ignorant!"

We went for ribs, and the dogs got their Kongs. Was a pretty good day!

:stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner: out of  :stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner:

Your USPS Shop Steward of a wife is probably pulling in $25.00 an hour plus union wages...

Star Member Raven (13,062 posts)

1. I wonder if a better way to talk to these people is

to ask a few questions rather that lecture them...

How much do you think people work for per week at Petco? I think that's about $7 an hour.

How much is that a year? I think that's about $20,000.

Do you think you could live much less raise a family on that?

getagrip_already (7,454 posts)

14. @7/hr, 40 hrs/week, and 52 weeks a year.. it's only

$14.5k. But wait, companies that pay minimum wage only let you work part time, less than 30 hours (no benefits req'd), so that's less than $11k.

And it gets better. The companies paying minimum wage won't give an employee regular hours, so they don't know when they will be working until the shift assignments are posted a week before. So working 2 jobs totaling 40 hours is not easy.

So even if you can somehow work 2 jobs, and take no days off, you would be lucky to pull in $20k.

So people take higher paying jobs and refuse to work for peanuts. And with no immigrant labor force, suck beanz.

Star Member brush (35,616 posts)

6. What a wife. You've got a keeper.

sarisataka (12,118 posts)

13. Unbelievable

The things people say

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Mary Ann

Re: So, yesterdat at the Petco...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 09:17:19 AM »
getagrip_already (7,454 posts)

14. @7/hr, 40 hrs/week, and 52 weeks a year.. it's only

$14.5k. But wait, companies that pay minimum wage only let you work part time, less than 30 hours (no benefits req'd), so that's less than $11k.
Depends on the state, idiot. Most of the states have a minimum wage well over $7.25/hour.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 09:18:15 AM »
sarisataka (12,118 posts)

13. Unbelievable

The things people say

Unbelievable

The bouncies primitives tell
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 09:24:12 AM »
At least this bouncy hit most of the obligatory talking points. They forgot the applause and the person walking away in shame, but they sorta got close. They could also have had someone jumping out of the bushes as the lady headed to her Lexus. That would have helped the bouncy be more in line with acceptable bouncies.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 10:02:06 AM »
I'll take :bouncy: s that Didn't Happen for $10, Art. So obviously false it would have to be the lowest value "answer" in the category. :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 10:07:00 AM »
low points for the bouncy overall but I will give extra credit for creativity for inventing the term "TeapubliKKKan". 

I would have given extra extra credit if the DUmmy could have managed to put a "Q" somewhere in his word creation.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 10:16:39 AM »
I give it somewhat higher pointage than DLR, because it did make me laugh out loud.  I've missed the bouncies so much.  Here's the link:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215509900

« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 10:22:46 AM by Karin »

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 04:10:42 PM »
I give it somewhat higher pointage than DLR, because it did make me laugh out loud.  I've missed the bouncies so much.  Here's the link:

I've got to agree with Karin.  I'd give this one a decent bouncy score with a small deduction for him and his wife going for ribs for dinner.  If they went for vegan the score would be higher.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2021, 04:38:14 PM »

Yeah, the more creative bouncies do get some extra credit.

Certainly bonus points for starting the the Bouncy with "So."  Ditto to the crowd agreeing with him, a semi-conversion or affirmation.

However, the first thing I could think of when seeing the thread title was this line:

"This one time, at band camp...."  For those who are familiar with the movie might appreciate that.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2021, 04:42:40 PM »
At least this bouncy hit most of the obligatory talking points. They forgot the applause and the person walking away in shame, but they sorta got close. They could also have had someone jumping out of the bushes as the lady headed to her Lexus. That would have helped the bouncy be more in line with acceptable bouncies.

Started with "so" so that is an automatic bong out of the gate.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2021, 06:58:57 PM »
Well let us break it down and rate it...

634-5789 (2,329 posts)

...We are at the cashier's check out station, and soon there were 5, 6,then 7 more people in line, nary an employee to be found. Suddenly out of the back room comes an employee, but is grabbed up by an inquisitive buyer, I mentioned to my wife that there was just no excuse for just ONE employee in the store, and some obvious TeapubliKKKan behind us yelled out, "WELL! If Biden would quit paying people to stay home then maybe there would be more employees available."

This hopped up hosebag should have STFU, as my USPS Union Steward of a wife told her, "Well, maybe YOU would like to be a $7.25 an hour employee, instead of receiving a living wage like the rest of the civilized world. Oh, but wait, that would mean that YOU would have to actually work instead of spouting weary Fox Noise talking points, wouldn't it?".

She left immediately, and I saw her drive off in her Lexus. Another guy looked up from his basket of cat food and said "Thank you, Ma'am. We need a hell of a LOT MORE of people speaking up to the ignorant!"

We went for ribs, and the dogs got their Kongs. Was a pretty good day!

OK so let's rate it out...

Starts out with "so"... adds to the bouncie points. So many new bouncies don't even start the right way anymore that it is sad that I have to give points for this.   :thatsright:

In a Petco... now this is original... so extra points for that!  Don't believe I have ever heard of that one.

No employee manning the cash register.... adds to the bouncie but not in a way the dummie likes because it actually proves the evvvvvil rethuglican GQP point later.  Neither adds nor detracts

Eeeevil rethuglican yells out Biden paying people to sit on their ass adds points.  (Looks like it is true in this case)

Called a woman a hosebag detracts in a MAJOR way.  Dem has made the case he is misogynistic.

Union Steward Wife adds simply because I think this is a new angle. Also adds because it is an official, as it were, union rep slapping down the.... not my words here... "hosebag".

Fox Newz was mentioned adds

GOP "Hosebag" leaves in a lexus adds

Guy buying cat food, is in my opinion a genius reference to back in the late 70's when seniors were buying cat food to survive. I'm sure dummies don't get it.  Adds to the bouncie.

No conversion detracts

No applause from the masses in the line detracts

Only one thanked the dummie, the one with the cat food, so I'll call this a wash

Went for ribs is a direct slap to the dummies who could never afford ribs.  I'm gonna guess and say Kong treats are expensive as well. Detracts

All in all... I think this is a good bouncie.  Better than most in the last 5 years... although I am concerned this might be a mole/troll I will never the less be generous and give it 7.5 bongs on the Perky scale for the reasons cited above.

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi