Author Topic: When Star Trek:TNG Goes Horribly Wrong  (Read 5297 times)

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Re: When Star Trek:TNG Goes Horribly Wrong
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 09:34:59 PM »
Deep Space Nine was my favorite of all the Trek series'.  (Any doubters should check my screen name.)  It was the one show that didn't have candy-assed commies looking disdainfully down their noses at the fruit of the sweat of a man's brow (money), and wasn't so up to it's eyeballs in bending over and grabbing the ankles for another "negotiation session" with the enemy.  

And then of course, there was the Defiant, the perfect wet dream for a technophile such as myself...
I liked DS9 too.  It had a good story although I felt the ending seemed abrupt.  Babylon 5 did it better, IMO, but for Trek DS9 was pretty good.  I liked Enterprise too, even the goofy time war arc.

Voyager, I watched for the cute blond chick and then for 7 of 9.  It was almost predictable that at the end of every season they cut 10,000 light years off their 70,000 light year journey home.  And as I recall, the pilot episode was pretty good.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2009, 09:41:20 PM »
I liked DS9 too.  It had a good story although I felt the ending seemed abrupt.  Babylon 5 did it better, IMO, but for Trek DS9 was pretty good.  I liked Enterprise too, even the goofy time war arc.

Voyager, I watched for the cute blond chick and then for 7 of 9.  It was almost predictable that at the end of every season they cut 10,000 light years off their 70,000 light year journey home.  And as I recall, the pilot episode was pretty good.

The first time we heard Janeway speak. my wife cracked up -- she thought it was a parody.

And when Chakote mutinied against her, she should have spaced his ass, not just given him the booboo lip.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2009, 09:46:22 PM »
The first time we heard Janeway speak. my wife cracked up -- she thought it was a parody.

And when Chakote mutinied against her, she should have spaced his ass, not just given him the booboo lip.

Mrs Columbo does have an annoying voice.  I remember the first time I heard her say "peacan pie" I almost swore off the series, in fact I did until I caught that episode where that cute blond chick got possessed by some guy who had her wearing tight black leather pants and from there I pretty much just watched the the "boob-cam" as I came to call it when 7 of 9 came on the show.

If you can't do good stories, at least have hot chicks.

Oh yeah, really hated the love story between the half-vulcan chick and the bad boy from TNG but one of the best lines from Voyager:  Get the cheese to sickbay.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009, 11:09:57 AM »
Yeah, but their some of the lamer episodees.  The whole "Death for walking on flowers!" thing always bugged me.

But...  teh boobeez!  TEH BOOBEEZ!!!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009, 12:21:20 PM »
The original Star Trek owned any of the later "Treks". They beat the shit out of the baddies, had sex, and killed more baddies.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.