Author Topic: Live Thread 44th Presidential Inauguration  (Read 85166 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Live Thread 44th Presidential Inauguration
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2009, 04:49:28 PM »
I just noticed a Navy Band saluting the President as they marched past the review stand (of course), but The President put his hand over his heart.  I thought the protocol since reagan was to return the salute?  admittedly, the man is commander in chief, so he is entitled to do whatever he wants to do . . . still, though, it was interesting.

(Heh.  I just saw the Petal High School Band.  Petal is very close to Hattiesburg :-))

Smile and be grateful. At least this time he did something besides stand there with his thumb up his ass.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2009, 04:59:01 PM »
Smile and be grateful. At least this time he did something besides stand there with his thumb up his ass.

never mind.  I have seen him return the salute of two other military honor guards since then.  I just must have missed that one.  (but that is just going to get him into trouble with the DUmmies and the KOSsacks :-))

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2009, 05:26:46 PM »
anyone catch the drum major for that last band?  he was very, very happy.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2009, 05:45:26 PM »
anyone catch the drum major for that last band?  he was very, very happy.

He tanked up on plenty of Kool-Aid before the parade.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2009, 05:46:56 PM »
He tanked up on plenty of Kool-Aid before the parade.

he was also a total flamer. :-)

Offline jendf

« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2009, 05:48:09 PM »
I can't believe you guys are still watching it.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2009, 06:02:54 PM »
Well holy shit and sugar, its done.

Check this out. This is what awaited me in my email today when I came in to work:

Subject: Cake in the kitchen

Good Morning All,

There’s an Inauguration cake in the kitchen. Chocolate of course! Enjoy!

Have a great day,
:thatsright: :whatever:

We all gathered around a large flat screen to watch it on CNN's site. The plus side was no talking heads. The minus side was a freezing screen. The sound never went out but the picture locked up a lot.

My co-workers (Chocolate cake lovers!!  :lmao: ) were just "amazed" at how gracious Bush was. They just couldn't get over how nice and cordial he seemed.  :whatever: FFS!! I kept quietly saying, "you do realize that this is a Presidential Inaguration and that a certain level of tact and decorum and protocol come into play right?" Sheesh!

I walked out of the room at the end and said, "Now where's my pony!?!?".  :-) A couple of co-workers got a kick out of that.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2009, 06:06:35 PM »

Check this out. This is what awaited me in my email today when I came in to work:

We all gathered around a large flat screen to watch it on CNN's site. The plus side was no talking heads. The minus side was a freezing screen. The sound never went out but the picture locked up a lot.

My co-workers (Chocolate cake lovers!!  :lmao: ) were just "amazed" at how gracious Bush was. They just couldn't get over how nice and cordial he seemed.  :whatever: FFS!! I kept quietly saying, "you do realize that this is a Presidential Inaguration and that a certain level of tact and decorum and protocol come into play right?" Sheesh!

I walked out of the room at the end and said, "Now where's my pony!?!?".  :-) A couple of co-workers got a kick out of that.

that wasn't the video locking up;  it looked that way in real life.  it was such an historic event that the time-space continuum was freezing under the strain. :uhsure: :-)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2009, 06:15:05 PM »
^LOL! I knew he could bend time!!

It was kind of funny because when the video would freeze, it was always during an unfortunate facial expression. :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2009, 06:40:25 PM »

HA HA, that was pretty dang funny.   :-)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2009, 07:49:26 PM »
this thing is massively behind schedule.  historically, it starts around 2 and takes 2 hours.  it's freaking dark in DC now, which is no place for, say, a high school band from ohio to be.  even if it isn't 20 degrees.  I wonder if this will turn out to be an Obamen :-)

if this was a republican president, the headlines right now would be saying "New Republican Administrations Starts Amid Confusion, Disarray".

It was scheduled to start at 2:30 and Im sitting there with Ed Donahoe from AP Radio news and we're seeing a live shot and they are still having the fete for The Rookie in the Rotunda and taking their damn time about it.  We finally went on at 2:40 and he didn't leave the Capitol until around 3.

We're back to the Bill Clinton time schedule for events in D.C.  :whatever:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #161 on: January 20, 2009, 07:52:42 PM »
It was scheduled to start at 2:30 and Im sitting there with Ed Donahoe from AP Radio news and we're seeing a live shot and they are still having the fete for The Rookie in the Rotunda and taking their damn time about it.  We finally went on at 2:40 and he didn't leave the Capitol until around 3.

We're back to the Bill Clinton time schedule for events in D.C.  :whatever:

it would figure, since Klintonistas are pretty much running the obama administration. :-)

thanks for the live reports, by the way, including the real time photo.  it really picked the thread up. :thumbs:

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2009, 07:56:53 PM »
Did WE email you and tell you to say "Hey" to Cavuto for me? :-)

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2009, 07:59:38 PM »
Did WE email you and tell you to say "Hey" to Cavuto for me? :-)

Yeah but with the crappy cell reception downtown I didn't get that until he left.

I got to say hi to Shep Smith too.

The Fox Folks...and I have to admit even the AP guy...were impressed that a military broadcaster was up there with them.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2009, 08:07:21 PM »
I am sorry, but that dress is hideous and makes her look huge.

Michelle Obama needs a stylist like yesterday.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2009, 08:09:11 PM »
I am sorry, but that dress is hideous and makes her look huge.

Michelle Obama needs a stylist like yesterday.

Nah, I WANT her to look "ghetto".  Be interesting to see how Omarosa Obama reacts to the criticism.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2009, 08:10:11 PM »
Nah, I WANT her to look "ghetto".  Be interesting to see how Omarosa Obama reacts to the criticism.

But remember?  That article that said MichelleStar should be proud of her ghetto booty?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2009, 08:10:51 PM »
Yeah but with the crappy cell reception downtown I didn't get that until he left.

I got to say hi to Shep Smith too.

The Fox Folks...and I have to admit even the AP guy...were impressed that a military broadcaster was up there with them.

My niece is one of Shep's producers.   

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2009, 08:14:16 PM »
Then I probably saw her today.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2009, 08:16:53 PM »
Then I probably saw her today.

She is a die-hard leftist liberal (was a congressional intern for a leftist Congressman and she drank so much koolaid she will never recover).   She would have been the one crying her eyes out non-stop over the Messiah's coronation. 

ETA:  I love her anyway.  She is a good kid, who will go very far in this field.   Thank the Lord she works for the right media outlet. 

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2009, 08:18:33 PM »
whoa.  I just flipped over to PMSNBC for the first time today.  they all look like hell.  I mean, they seem exhausted.  I assume it's because of the nearly 12 hour long obamagasm that I am sure they have been having all day.

on edit : well, rachel maddow looks like hell on a good day.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2009, 08:21:17 PM »
Bill O'Reilly mentioned briefly something "egragarious" that "those over at NBC" did today.   He refused to comment more as it was Obama's day. Promised to run it tomorrow.

What is he talking about? 

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #172 on: January 20, 2009, 08:23:06 PM »
Bill O'Reilly mentioned briefly something "egragarious" that "those over at NBC" did today.   He refused to comment more as it was Obama's day. Promised to run it tomorrow.

Might have been Olberdork not saying the people mocking Bush at the swearing in was a bad thing.  Only complained that it was distracting from MichelleStars arrival

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2009, 08:25:06 PM »

the most egregious thing happening in O'Reilly's opinion is that all of the video cut-aways to the ObamaRamaBalls is cutting into his camera time. :-)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #174 on: January 20, 2009, 08:25:53 PM »
During Tuesday morning’s inaugural coverage on MSNBC, when spectators were heard booing President Bush as he was introduced, Chris Matthews seemed to become uncomfortable and criticized the protest as "bad form," remarking, "Don’t do that. Don’t boo, don’t boo, don’t boo." But minutes later, when protesters could be heard singing "Hey, hey, goodbye," co-anchor Keith Olbermann seemed to suggest that he was only bothered by the behavior because it distracted attention from Michelle Obama’s introduction. Olbermann: "Far be it for me to have been critical of anyone critical of this President, obviously, but, unfortunately, during that demonstration, something of the introduction of Mrs. Obama was lost because people were singing the, they still are, the ‘Hey, hey,’ song from various sporting events over the year, towards the 43rd President."

www.newsbusters.org