Author Topic: Do you have a Shipley Donuts where you live?  (Read 3345 times)

Offline soleil

Do you have a Shipley Donuts where you live?
« on: October 27, 2010, 10:50:55 AM »
I know they aren't all over, but I know there are some in TX.

Anyway, they are the yummiest donuts ever. There isn't one in my town, but there is one where I grew up, and I always make a pit stop when I go back to the delta!! MMM! Craving some this morning.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Do you have a Shipley Donuts where you live?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 12:15:46 PM »
Yup.  Shipley, and Krispy Kreme.   I used to go to Tastee Donuts in GPT, but it isn't there any more. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline soleil

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 12:24:26 PM »
Yup.  Shipley, and Krispy Kreme.   I used to go to Tastee Donuts in GPT, but it isn't there any more. 

I am not a big fan of KK donuts. They are ok, but they ain't no Shipleys. Don't like Dunkin Donuts either. Not sure I have ever had a Tastee Donuts though.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 12:30:19 PM »
I am not a big fan of KK donuts. They are ok, but they ain't no Shipleys. Don't like Dunkin Donuts either. Not sure I have ever had a Tastee Donuts though.

Krispy Kreme is too sweet for me. Personally, I prefer a Krystal Original Scrambler for breakfast, but they closed down the only Krystal in my town.   :bawl:  They replaced it with a Carls Jr. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 12:33:48 PM »
I won't eat Krispy Kreme donuts, they just don't taste good to me.

My favorite donut shop is a little, independent place about a mile from my house.  I don't go there often, but when I go, they are delicious  :cheersmate:

What type of donuts do you all like? My favorite are old fashioned. 

Offline soleil

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 12:37:10 PM »
I won't eat Krispy Kreme donuts, they just don't taste good to me.

My favorite donut shop is a little, independent place about a mile from my house.  I don't go there often, but when I go, they are delicious  :cheersmate:

What type of donuts do you all like? My favorite are old fashioned. 

Shipleys are by far my favorite donuts. Glazed. Although the others they have are yummy too. I always thought my town was the only one with a Shipleys.  :rotf: It isn't a big chain though.

Offline soleil

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 12:38:01 PM »
Krispy Kreme is too sweet for me. Personally, I prefer a Krystal Original Scrambler for breakfast, but they closed down the only Krystal in my town.   :bawl:  They replaced it with a Carls Jr. 

Is Carls Jr. like Hardee's? Hardee's has a good breakfast. I do like the Kryster sunriser (I think that is what it is called).

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 02:24:53 PM »
I know they aren't all over, but I know there are some in TX.

Anyway, they are the yummiest donuts ever. There isn't one in my town, but there is one where I grew up, and I always make a pit stop when I go back to the delta!! MMM! Craving some this morning.

Well, THAT was quick Soleil!   :-)

Other than bakeries, there aren't any good donut places around here.  I used to really love the cream-filled ones but I get sugar shock from them now!
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline soleil

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 02:41:36 PM »
Well, THAT was quick Soleil!   :-)

Other than bakeries, there aren't any good donut places around here.  I used to really love the cream-filled ones but I get sugar shock from them now!

:rotf: My husband must be Superman!  :-)

Offline Mike B the Cajun

• Pot Stirrer
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 09:21:27 PM »
Mr. Ronnie's...   local donut shop... donuts of all shapes and descriptions...   best plain ole glazed donuts anywhere...

When in the city, it's Cafe du Monde... fresh, hot beignets with cafe-au-lait...   yummy!!

Used to be a Tastee  Donut shop here, but it went outta busuness almost 10 years ago.
Don't get stuck on stupid...

I am of the CauCajun persuasion...  :-)

Leftwing lunatic thought process concerning police: I'm armed with bad breath and body odor. The police are armed with a badge, a tazer, a 9mm, and a shotgun.  I should antagonize them.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 09:26:31 PM »
Mr. Ronnie's...   local donut shop... donuts of all shapes and descriptions...   best plain ole glazed donuts anywhere...

When in the city, it's Cafe du Monde... fresh, hot beignets with cafe-au-lait...   yummy!!

Used to be a Tastee  Donut shop here, but it went outta busuness almost 10 years ago.

Well duh!   :-)  I miss NOLA.  :bawl:

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 09:51:59 AM »
Where I live now, no. Where I grew up in E. Texas, yes. I loved Shipleys as a kid. Unfortunately I don't think they're there anymore.

At least we have some good local donut shops here in Denton.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 09:55:41 AM »
We mostly have Daylight Donuts here since they started out in Tulsa. We have Dunkin' Donuts, but they are all on the Northside.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 12:18:21 PM »
I think there's a brand-new donut shop in a strip mall on the "Miracle Mile" here in town. Haven't been there. Other than that, the other two options are Wally World and a local supermarket.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Mike B the Cajun

• Pot Stirrer
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 10:52:38 PM »
Wally-World and supermarket donuts are pure EVILLL!!! Never shall they cross my lips!!!
Don't get stuck on stupid...

I am of the CauCajun persuasion...  :-)

Leftwing lunatic thought process concerning police: I'm armed with bad breath and body odor. The police are armed with a badge, a tazer, a 9mm, and a shotgun.  I should antagonize them.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 05:09:35 PM »
We have Dunkin' Donuts. Love me some Dunkin' Donuts! We used to have a Krispy Kreme about 25 minutes away, but they went out of business a couple of years later.