Author Topic: Chicken  (Read 4476 times)

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
Chicken
« on: October 18, 2010, 04:55:50 PM »
Trying to figure out a few good chicken recipes that don't have mushrooms we are allergic to them in our household
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Chicken
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 06:03:07 PM »
Trying to figure out a few good chicken recipes that don't have mushrooms we are allergic to them in our household

Try Chicken Piccata or Chicken Siciliano. I usually go for ease and just use my spit and make a lot of spit roasted chicken. Another tasty dish I made was Chicken Rollatini (Rolled chicken breast, stuffed with spinach, feta cheese, and ham (or prosciutto), then rolled in an egg wash and bread crumbs. Fry in olive oil until brown on all sides and then cook in oven at 350 for 15 mins. While chicken is cooking in the oven, make a roux with the remaining olive oil, dilute with milk,white wine and add in some Parmesan cheese. Serve chicken  on top of spaghetti and cover with the sauce. (or you COULD use store bought Alfredo sauce)  :yum:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 05:49:29 AM »
Sounds yummy

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 07:39:44 AM »
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 02:19:54 PM »
Look up my Garlic Chicken Goo. (actually my wife's)
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 08:58:01 PM »
Look up my Garlic Chicken Goo. (actually my wife's)

I can't find it will you send it to me please sounds yummy

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 12:34:25 PM »
It's really simple, except you can't use Cream of Mushroom (original) so try Cream of Celery (possibly Cream of Chicken?), but I don't know how it will come out?????????: (crosses fingers)

2 cups (dry/4 when done) white rice cooked according to package. We usually make it as "sticky" rice.

4 boneless, skinless chicken boobies, sliced.

2 tbs EVOO

2 cans Cream of Celery Soup or Chicken.

1 bunch flat leaf (Italian) parsley, chopped.

1 large container of sour cream. You can use Lite but fat free sucks.

1 bulb of garlic, peeled and crushed, yup that much.

S&P

Brown the chicken in a large skillet with the olive oil until partially cooked. Add the cans of soup, 1/3 the parsley, garlic (season at this time) and simmer 10-15 min or until the chicken is done.  Add the sour cream, and bring to a simmer. Heat through. Add as much parsley as you like, and stir through, but don't cook it, just get it heated.

Serve over the rice in bowls.

Lemme know how the substitutes work?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 04:46:11 PM »
We used the cream of chicken soup and everyone had 2nds it was yummmmmy

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 10:47:57 AM »
Awesome.   :hi5:

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 09:28:30 PM »
Kids are already asking when we were having it again. :hi5:

Offline soleil

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 06:52:41 PM »
Homemade chicken pot pie is the bomb. Crescent roll chicken is pretty tasty, but I don't have my recipe. I've lost it, so I haven't had it in a while. I had it memorized or so I thought. Last time I made it, it wasn't quite right. Chicken rotel is pretty tasty too.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 07:52:39 PM »
Try Chicken Piccata or Chicken Siciliano. I usually go for ease and just use my spit and make a lot of spit roasted chicken. Another tasty dish I made was Chicken Rollatini (Rolled chicken breast, stuffed with spinach, feta cheese, and ham (or prosciutto), then rolled in an egg wash and bread crumbs. Fry in olive oil until brown on all sides and then cook in oven at 350 for 15 mins. While chicken is cooking in the oven, make a roux with the remaining olive oil, dilute with milk,white wine and add in some Parmesan cheese. Serve chicken  on top of spaghetti and cover with the sauce. (or you COULD use store bought Alfredo sauce)  :yum:

Thor you may have cracked the recipe from a restaurant I once went to.

I ordered chicken stuffed with cheese and spinach.  The chicken breast was covered with a crunchy coating that on first look gave a hollow sound when banged on with a fork.----I have no idea how to explain it this is the best I can do.  Closest I can come is the coating was much like the crust of home made bread.

Offline debk

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 09:51:40 PM »
Chicken Divan.... :drool:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 12:08:35 AM »
Thor you may have cracked the recipe from a restaurant I once went to.

I ordered chicken stuffed with cheese and spinach.  The chicken breast was covered with a crunchy coating that on first look gave a hollow sound when banged on with a fork.----I have no idea how to explain it this is the best I can do.  Closest I can come is the coating was much like the crust of home made bread.

Actually, I cracked a recipe from a local restaurant. I used egg wash and italian bread crumbs. Mine turned out better than the restaurant's.  
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 09:54:56 AM »
As I just posted in another thread:

I'm pretty boring with chicken most of the time. I'll bake a breast or leg quarter plain with the skin on, then when it is done, strip off the skin and give that to the dog after it cools, then sprinkle either some Montreal Chicken spice, or some Cajun seasoning or Old Bay on the chicken.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 10:07:15 AM »
Stovetop Roast Chicken (video)

1. Sear the raw chicken pieces to jump-start the cooking process and crisp the skin.

2. Steam the chicken in broth to cook it quickly and evenly and to render fat from the skin.

3. Re-crisp the chicken pieces in the cleaned skillet to create super thin, ultracrisp skin.

It comes with a recipe for a simple chicken sauce... shallots, roux, lemon juice, parsley, and chives
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 07:32:30 PM »
Nothing like dirtying a bunch of pots and pans....

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 07:42:29 PM »
The recipe I posted only uses one.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline soleil

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 08:04:08 PM »
Nothing like dirtying a bunch of pots and pans....

You'd hate to see me in the kitchen! I dirty up almost every dish we have!! I use something new even if I shouldn't. Just habit I think.

Oh, and I don't do the dishes. That is the one thing my husband will do. So, yeah he hates it.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 08:08:22 PM »
I miss having a professional dishwasher.  Those things would wash, sanitize, and dry a dish in two seconds flat.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 12:24:52 PM »
You'd hate to see me in the kitchen! I dirty up almost every dish we have!! I use something new even if I shouldn't. Just habit I think.

Oh, and I don't do the dishes. That is the one thing my husband will do. So, yeah he hates it.

Having to cook AND clean breaks that habit REAL quick !! I USED to be a slob in the kitchen, dirtying far too many pots, pans & utensils. I started learning how to cook things better and with less mess a long time ago.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 03:48:34 PM »
Having to cook AND clean breaks that habit REAL quick !! I USED to be a slob in the kitchen, dirtying far too many pots, pans & utensils. I started learning how to cook things better and with less mess a long time ago.

You can't really be much of a cook until you've had to do your own cleaning. I'm not sure how the overall chef thing works, say in a culinary school, but if it goes like I think, you're basically a sous chef (read, slave) until you "graduate." Even then, 90% of cooking is cleaning. That's what I was taught and that's how I do business. It's to the point that I simply can't operate in a dirty kitchen - drives me nuts.

Oh, and for those who want to be around the kitchen when I'm doing my thing, stay the hell outta my way and nobody will get hurt. I can't stand people, dogs, well-wishers, Jehovah's Witnesses or Fuller Brush Salesmen in my kitchen.   :nunchuck:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 04:36:04 PM »
You can't really be much of a cook until you've had to do your own cleaning. I'm not sure how the overall chef thing works, say in a culinary school, but if it goes like I think, you're basically a sous chef (read, slave) until you "graduate." Even then, 90% of cooking is cleaning. That's what I was taught and that's how I do business. It's to the point that I simply can't operate in a dirty kitchen - drives me nuts.

Oh, and for those who want to be around the kitchen when I'm doing my thing, stay the hell outta my way and nobody will get hurt. I can't stand people, dogs, well-wishers, Jehovah's Witnesses or Fuller Brush Salesmen in my kitchen.   :nunchuck:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Are we related ?!?!?!?!?  My ex constantly bitched at me for chasing people out of the kitchen. I would often prepare Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, the full gamut and ALWAYS people wanted to hang in the kitchen, which, in reality was only large enough for one cook. I didn't mind if they sat at the bar or in the breakfast nook, but they never stayed put. Always under foot and in my way!!  :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 04:38:40 PM »
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Are we related ?!?!?!?!?  My ex constantly bitched at me for chasing people out of the kitchen. I would often prepare Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, the full gamut and ALWAYS people wanted to hang in the kitchen, which, in reality was only large enough for one cook. I didn't mind if they sat at the bar or in the breakfast nook, but they never stayed put. Always under foot and in my way!!  :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

The worst ones are the ones that are too tipsy, and get all up in your personal space.  As I have a galley kitchen, I get people, backing me up against the wall in my own kitchen.  Now, when I have git-togethers, I put a yardstick on the floor, and tell people they cannot cross that line.   :-)
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent