Author Topic: Attempted Suicide Rates More Than Double After Gender-Reassignment Surgery: Stud  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Attempted Suicide Rates More Than Double After Gender-Reassignment Surgery: Study
https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/attempted-suicide-rates-more-double-after-gender-reassignment-surgery-study

Rates of attempted suicide who identified as transgender more than doubled after receiving a vaginoplasty (surgically turning one's dick into a vagina), according to a peer-reviewed study published in The Journal of Urology.

The study looked at rates of psychiatric emergencies both before and after gender-altering surgery among 869 males who went under the knife, and 357 females who underwent phalloplasty (turning one's vagina into a dick) in California between 2012 and 2018.

While researchers found that rates of 'psychiatric emergencies' were high both before and after gender-altering surgery, suicide attempts were markedly higher among those who received vaginoplasties, the Epoch Times reports.

"In fact, our observed rate of suicide attempts in the phalloplasty group is actually similar to the general population, while the vaginoplasty group’s rate is more than double that of the general population," wrote the author of the study.

Among the 869 patients who underwent vaginoplasty, 38 patients attempted suicide—with nine attempts before surgery, 25 after surgery, and four attempts before and after surgery. Researchers found a 1.5 percent overall risk of suicide before vaginoplasty and a 3.3 percent risk of suicide after the procedure. Almost 3 percent of those who attempted suicide after undergoing vaginoplasty did not present with a risk of suicide prior to surgery.

Among the 357 biologically female patients who underwent phalloplasty, there were six suicide attempts with a 0.8 percent risk of suicide before and after surgery. -Epoch Times

Transgender have a higher suicide rate. It is higher after the surgical change.

Suicide Rate 19-Fold Higher
In an interview with The Epoch Times, Dr. Alfonso Oliva, a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon, said research into the psychiatric outcomes and long-term follow-up of those who have sex-reassignment surgery is lacking, but an important paper is worth mentioning. In a 2011 paper published in PLOS ONE, researchers found that people who underwent sex reassignment surgery had substantially higher rates of overall mortality, suicidal behavior, and psychiatric morbidity compared with the general population.

“It’s hard to refute this paper because it’s a longitudinal study,” Dr. Oliva said. “In Sweden, everyone is in a database, and through diagnosis codes, they’re able to follow what happens to every citizen in terms of their medical history. They waited more than 10 years after people had surgery and found that death by suicide had an adjusted hazard ratio of 19.1.”

You can “quibble” about emergency room encounters, but this study shows that for patients who had transgender surgery, their suicide rate after 10 years was 19-fold higher than the general population, Dr. Oliva said. Additionally, the study excluded people with psychiatric illnesses, so these are individuals thought to have no psychiatric illness outside of dysphoria.

They have higher rates of psychological problems and suicide.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 08:58:01 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

They have higher rates of psychological problems and suicide.

That’s not surprising they were nuts to start with :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
That’s not surprising they were nuts to start with :thatsright:

Some are nuts but many are just people with mental issues who were convinced by "experts" that this was the problem and surgery was the solution. Afterward, they discovered that the problem(s) still existed and the irreversible surgery fixed nothing.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline RonE

• Probationary (Probie)
The take-away is these experts didn't improve the trans people's mental health. They worsened it. Another social experiment with terrible results. Yet, they remain noble (to themselves) while ruining lives.
People who have so little concern for others are the lowest of the low. They should be rounded up, jerked out of their SF, LA, Manhattan worlds and relocated to trailer parks w/o air conditioning near the southern border. That way they could see some of their other work up close.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Attempted Suicide Rates More Than Double After Gender-Reassignment Surgery: Study

There was a REASON gender dysphoria was listed prominently in the DSM 5. It's because the condition is very definitely self-destructive.

The attention whore Looney Troons have a 40% suicide rate as a subset of the population, ignoring every other possible factor and contributor. Teh Gheys aren't that far behind the Looney Troons.

I've been saying for a while now: trying to make a brain believe something it already KNOWS thru experience to be false is a sure and certain way to drive that brain into insanity. Doesn't matter whether that belief is Leftist dogma, the Troon Doctrine or anything else; you cannot lie to yourself without serious consequences.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus