Author Topic: What else can explain this not launching impeachment?  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
What else can explain this not launching impeachment?
« on: March 07, 2008, 04:49:10 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2972801

G_j  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 04:23 PM
Original message
What else can explain this not launching impeachment?

Advertisements [?]
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/31598

Is Vanity Fair's Scoop Being Ignored Because Bush and Cheney Are Already Known to Have Committed So Many Other Crimes?
Submitted by davidswanson on Fri, 2008-03-07 04:30.
Evidence
What else can explain this not launching impeachment:

According to Dahlan, it was Bush who had pushed legislative elections in the Palestinian territories in January 2006, despite warnings that Fatah was not ready. After Hamas—whose 1988 charter committed it to the goal of driving Israel into the sea—won control of the parliament, Bush made another, deadlier miscalculation.

Vanity Fair has obtained confidential documents, since corroborated by sources in the U.S. and Palestine, which lay bare a covert initiative, approved by Bush and implemented by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Deputy National Security Adviser Elliott Abrams, to provoke a Palestinian civil war. The plan was for forces led by Dahlan, and armed with new weapons supplied at America’s behest, to give Fatah the muscle it needed to remove the democratically elected Hamas-led government from power. (The State Department declined to comment.)

But the secret plan backfired, resulting in a further setback for American foreign policy under Bush. Instead of driving its enemies out of power, the U.S.-backed Fatah fighters inadvertently provoked Hamas to seize total control of Gaza.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vanity Fair article,
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2008/04/gaz...

The Gaza Bombshell

'After failing to anticipate Hamas’s victory over Fatah in the 2006 Palestinian election, the White House cooked up yet another scandalously covert and self-defeating Middle East debacle: part Iran-contra, part Bay of Pigs. With confidential documents, corroborated by outraged former and current U.S. officials, David Rose reveals how President Bush, Condoleezza Rice, and Deputy National-Security Adviser Elliott Abrams backed an armed force under Fatah strongman Muhammad Dahlan, touching off a bloody civil war in Gaza and leaving Hamas stronger than ever.

by David Rose April 2008

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and President George W. Bush, whose secret Palestinian intervention backfired in a big way.

The Al Deira Hotel, in Gaza City, is a haven of calm in a land beset by poverty, fear, and violence. In the middle of December 2007, I sit in the hotel’s airy restaurant, its windows open to the Mediterranean, and listen to a slight, bearded man named Mazen Asad abu Dan describe the suffering he endured 11 months before at the hands of his fellow Palestinians. Abu Dan, 28, is a member of Hamas, the Iranian-backed Islamist organization that has been designated a terrorist group by the United States, but I have a good reason for taking him at his word: I’ve seen the video.

To hear an interview with David Rose and to see documents he uncovered, click here.
It shows abu Dan kneeling, his hands bound behind his back, and screaming as his captors pummel him with a black iron rod. “I lost all the skin on my back from the beatings,” he says. “Instead of medicine, they poured perfume on my wounds. It felt as if they had taken a sword to my injuries.”

On January 26, 2007, abu Dan, a student at the Islamic University of Gaza, had gone to a local cemetery with his father and five others to erect a headstone for his grandmother. When they arrived, however, they found themselves surrounded by 30 armed men from Hamas’s rival, Fatah, the party of Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas. “They took us to a house in north Gaza,” abu Dan says. “They covered our eyes and took us to a room on the sixth floor.”

The video reveals a bare room with white walls and a black-and-white tiled floor, where abu Dan’s father is forced to sit and listen to his son’s shrieks of pain. Afterward, abu Dan says, he and two of the others were driven to a market square. “They told us they were going to kill us. They made us sit on the ground.” He rolls up the legs of his trousers to display the circular scars that are evidence of what happened next: “They shot our knees and feet—five bullets each. I spent four months in a wheelchair.”

..more..

Refresh | 3 Recommendations    Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

lame54  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 04:25 PM
Response to Original message
1. INCOMPETENTLY EVIL

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

Thepricebreaker  Donating Member  (438 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 04:28 PM
2. Short of bush shooting a puppy on national TV - Impeachment is never going to happen. n/t

FiveGoodMen  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 04:42 PM
Response to Reply #3
4. It DOES seem that way, doesn't it?

Still like to know whether it's intimidation, bribery, or maybe she's just been one of them all along.

Whenever someone says, "Any Dem is fine with me," remind them about Nancy.

Wizard777  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 05:37 PM
Response to Reply #4
7. From what I understand Nancy's husband is making too much money off the war for her to oppose Bush.

Edited on Fri Mar-07-08 05:38 PM by Wizard777
With everyone filling their own pockets. Apparently the Federal Government has been privatized. They just forgot to tell everyone. Maybe the Senate and House Ethics Committees are in a mass grave in Iraq. Who knows?

flvegan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 04:49 PM
5. Need a 2-for-1 sale on spines to get Impeachment.

Already been proven.
Impeachment is not going to happen DUmmies   :evillaugh:
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline jukin

Re: What else can explain this not launching impeachment?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 07:13:25 PM »
No impeachable crime? Yes, that's it so suck on it DUchebags.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 07:14:49 PM »
No impeachable crime? Yes, that's it so suck on it DUchebags.

Much as i despise McCain, it will be fun to watch DU tear itself apart calling for his impeachment if he wins.  :evillaugh:
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 07:19:01 PM »
Much as i despise McCain, it will be fun to watch DU tear itself apart calling for his impeachment if he wins.  :evillaugh:

Oh, I have no doubt the primitives will.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 07:42:47 AM »

Oh, I have no doubt the primitives will.

And what joy we will have! :-) :rotf:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.