Author Topic: Liberals and charity  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Liberals and charity
« on: March 06, 2008, 09:47:19 AM »
nxylas  (539 posts)      Mon Oct-08-07 04:54 PM
Original message
Liberals and charity
 Conservatives like to throw about statisitcs that liberals give less to charity "because they think the government should do everything". Is there any truth in this accusation, and if so, how much?

Refresh | 0 Recommendations Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

How many responses to this little nugget?  How many ways will they debunk this propaganda?  Tune in to the link and see......
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=284x388

:lmao: :rotf: :evillaugh: :loser:
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Liberals and charity
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 10:53:25 AM »
Bears watching...

(is our server choking badly?)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 12:08:52 PM »
Bears watching...

(is our server choking badly?)

Don't watch too closely.  That single post thread will be 5 months old on Saturday, and still no argument.  I just discovered the DU Groups (Mental Health Support?  :lmao:).  That is the gold mone of the DUmp.

And the site is e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y   s-l-o-w today.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 12:13:59 PM »
I dunno.

It seems to me it's been news for a while now, and news in a lot of places, about how conservatives are personally more generous, more charitable, more compassionate, than liberals.

I don't understand how the primitives could have missed it, seeing it's been all over.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 12:15:23 PM »
I dunno.

It seems to me it's been news for a while now, and news in a lot of places, about how conservatives are personally more generous, more charitable, more compassionate, than liberals.

I don't understand how the primitives could have missed it, seeing it's been all over.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 01:14:59 PM »
Liberals are only charitable with other people's money and sorry, being charitable with other people's money......isn't.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 03:10:34 PM »
This is definitely a sore topic for me. Many liberals have absolutely no understanding of what real charity is.   

Giving money without being forced to is what real charity is.  Giving from the heart is charity.  People who CHOOSE to give get a sense of accomplishment , in that they have done something positive for the community they reside in. 

Government forcing citizens to give up their money is NOT charity.  :mental:

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 03:21:21 PM »
nxylas  (539 posts)      Mon Oct-08-07 04:54 PM
Original message
Liberals and charity
 Conservatives like to throw about statisitcs that liberals give less to charity "because they think the government should do everything". Is there any truth in this accusation, and if so, how much?

Refresh | 0 Recommendations Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

How many responses to this little nugget?  How many ways will they debunk this propaganda?  Tune in to the link and see......
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=284x388

:lmao: :rotf: :evillaugh: :loser:

Considering no one has bothered to respond since October, I highly doubt anyone will.  It doesn't help that it's posted in a really obscure forum: Propaganda Debunking Group.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 03:43:50 PM »
Classic lib strategy: When confronted with facts, ignore them.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies