Author Topic: dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher and dope  (Read 3432 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher and dope
« on: January 13, 2008, 09:03:10 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2676616

Oh my.

The dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher:

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 09:25 PM
Original message

Man says pot valued at $80k was for wife

DE SOTO, Kan. – Eighty thousand dollars worth of marijuana plants were seized Friday night from a De Soto home, and the homeowner says the drugs were for his sick wife.

An anonymous tip led police to Robert Neeland's home in the 8300 block of Penner. They found exactly what they were looking for, but Neeland was not arrested.

Investigators say they will forward the evidence to the prosecutor's office and await charges to make an arrest.

Meanwhile, Neeland says he thought the benefits of the drugs would outweigh the negative side.

"(My wife is) just depressed you know," Neeland said at his home Saturday. "Depression is part of it and, then part of it is getting that appetite to want to eat, you know"

<skip>

Neeland also says he planned to eventually stop the operation. "I wasn't going to run it forever," he said. "I was going to shut it down, try to kick a little stash back."

Police also seized 14 guns from Neeland's home and two vehicles. The Kansas Department of Revenue estimates that he owes approximately $18,000 in taxes from the illegal drugs.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?cont...

Warpy  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 09:27 PM
Response to Original message

1. I could buy his story until they got to the 14 guns.

sendero (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 09:43 PM
Response to Reply #1

6. LOL...

.... same here.

Of course, I think pot should be legal so that makes me not give a damn.

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 09:46 PM
Response to Reply #1

7. Yes that was a rather important detail, eh?

IanDB1  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 09:30 PM

2. "...try to kick a little stash back." 

Does that mean he also admitted he was going to sell some of it?

Did this man NOT understand his Miranda rights?

Was he ****ing stoned or something?

chimpsrsmarter  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 09:32 PM
Response to Reply #2

3. he wasn't arrested but----he better stfu, get a lawyer and say nothing more to the press.

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 09:47 PM
Response to Reply #2

9. Hard to tell They grow em pretty stupid around here.

Hmmmm.

A Freudian autobiographical slip. 

The dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher grew up "around here."

BlackVelvet04  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 09:33 PM

4. I always laugh at the valuation placed on pot by law enforcement.

IanDB1  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 09:38 PM
Response to Reply #4

5. What would happen if some yahoo with a cesna just spread pot seeds all over a city at random?   

I'm just wondering.

Would "weed" just start growing like weeds everywhere?

MrSlayer  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-13-08 09:46 PM
Response to Reply #4

8. It's insulting and ridiculous.

If those seedlings in the picture are what they are referring to it isn't worth anything at all yet. And Hell, you'd need over 20 pounds of the very best stuff for it to be worth 80k. It's just ludicrous

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 09:50 PM
Response to Reply #4

11. I always do the math and I am amazed at what cops think pot costs. $500 an ounce? Yeah right.

Emit  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-13-08 09:47 PM

10. Back in the 70's our next door neighbor at the time was dying of cancer

His wife approached my mother, who had 5 kids -- three teenagers at the time, to ask what was the best way to get some pot. I won't say which in our family helped this poor woman and man, but, suffice it to say, she came to the right house. (I was but a mere kid at the time, for the record )

My mother always said she just couldn't stand the thought of that woman standing out on the street or hanging out at the park looking for a lid (that's what it was called back then, remember?).

That being said, wonder if this guy's story will pan out?

I dunno.

I think the dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher, rather than using marijuana to ameliorate what ails her, she should get some cases of Lydia Pinkham's famous Special Vegetable Compound for Female Problems.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher and dope
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 09:11:31 PM »
Amazing how knowledgeable they are of the cost of pot.  I couldn't begin to tell you what it would/should sell for.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 09:12:59 PM »
Amazing how knowledgeable they are of the cost of pot.  I couldn't begin to tell you what it would/should sell for.

KC

They can do appraisals from photographs.  THAT, my friend, takes experience.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 09:13:49 PM »

KC

Most of us with jobs and kids and who live in reality are too busy to know these things.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »

KC

Tex, I'm with you. I don't have any frame of reference to judge price..not currently and not in the past. They know an awful lot about drugs and being arrested...

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 09:16:05 PM »

KC

They can do appraisals from photographs.  THAT, my friend, takes experience.

Damn straight. 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 09:18:33 PM »

KC

Most of us with jobs and kids and who live in reality are too busy to know these things.

I did a job in VA Beach, VA once and I was amazed at the times someone walking down the street would ask me if I wanted to buy drugs.  When I said 'NO' they would ask me if I knew anyone else who may be interested.   :thatsright:

Sheesh
KC

*Stolen

Offline redwhit

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 08:31:57 AM »

I did a job in VA Beach, VA once and I was amazed at the times someone walking down the street would ask me if I wanted to buy drugs.  When I said 'NO' they would ask me if I knew anyone else who may be interested.   :thatsright:

Sheesh
KC
That was not uncommon in DC in the late 80s and early 90s depending on the neighborhood I was in.  What got me was, in the early 90s, I had to go to NYC for some conference.  A man offered to sell me some pot and called me "sir" throughout (he was so polite I couldn't believe he was selling pot - it must have taken a good 5 minutes before I figured it out!)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 08:33:23 AM by franksolich »

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 08:37:44 AM »
That was not uncommon in DC in the late 80s and early 90s depending on the neighborhood I was in.  What got me was, in the early 90s, I had to go to NYC for some conference.  A man offered to sell me some pot and called me "sir" throughout (he was so polite I couldn't believe he was selling pot - it must have taken a good 5 minutes before I figured it out!)

That was I, sir, modifying your post.

You have the honor of having the first post modified by the moderator franksolich.

I was curious to see if I could do it, and I could.

When quoting use [ quote] the first time, and then [ /quote] at the end of the quote.

That little "/" makes a difference.

(No space between "[" and "quote,"  and no space between "[" and "/quote," as I did above, though; I had to do that so I wouldn't be quoting myself.)
apres moi, le deluge