Author Topic: Suntrust bank and being PO'd  (Read 8121 times)

Offline ChuckJ

Suntrust bank and being PO'd
« on: June 22, 2019, 10:27:19 AM »
If I wanted to send a bitch fest letter as high up the food chain as possible to SunTrust bank to whom and to what address would I send it?

Thanks.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline ChuckJ

Re: Suntrust bank and being PO'd
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 11:12:03 AM »
https://www.suntrust.com/commercial-corporate-banking/suntrust-advantage/leadership

Thanks, but that looks to be just for commercial/corporate banking. I'm looking for personal checking. I've just mailing it to the corporate address in Atlanta with ATTN: to office of William H. Rogers, Jr.

I figure that when they've pissed me off enough to bitch in a letter I'd just as well aim for the top.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 11:45:31 AM »
Here’s my gripe and maybe I’m over reacting, but I'm tired of biting my tongue and bending over backwards to be the nice guy.

After my dad died back in November, my mom wanted to make sure that my younger brother and I didn’t have any trouble taking care of things in regards to her bills if something ever happened to her. Since my brother only “works” four days a week and is always off on Fridays she got him to go to the two banks where she had accounts and had him listed on the accounts. Unfortunately, she passed away VERY unexpectedly on the Friday before Memorial Day.

A couple of days after mom’s funeral my brother and I met at her house to begin taking care of things. The first thing that I did was cancel her credit cards. SunTrust told me that I could not cancel her credit card with them without doing it via mail OR going to a local SunTrust branch.

Since that were the two options, my brother and I decided that we’d go ahead and go to the local SunTrust branch, cancel her credit card, and list me as a signer on the checking account. I’d keep the check book for SunTrust since I live in the same county as my mother and would pay the bills out of that account. He’d keep the check book for the account at the other bank that she dealt with.

When we arrived at the local SunTrust and I told the woman what we wanted to do, she went ahead and cancelled the credit card but told us that she could NOT add me as a signer on the checking account without removing my mom from the account and she did NOT think that we should do that at this time. We took her advice because we didn't know any better.

My wife has been organizing and keeping up with all of mom’s paperwork. The other day she couldn’t find mom’s most recent SunTrust statement so she called SunTrust and spoke to the very same woman that my brother and I spoke with. She asked the woman if the statements had gone out yet and the woman told her that she could not tell her anything without my brother’s permission because he was the owner of the account. ????

Now, keep in mind, she told me and my brother that we could not add me as a signer without removing my mom from the account. There is no doubt that my mom is the owner of the account.

Friday, after my brother and I got sworn in as co-executors of mom’s estate, I told him that we were going from the attorney’s office to SunTrust and if all of mom’s checks had passed through the account that we were going to go ahead and close it. That I’d pay what ever bills came due on the house and we’d settle that down the road. He agreed. We went to SunTrust and met with the same exact woman. I told her that we were closing the account and wanted two checks (one to me and one to my brother) splitting the contents of the account. After I got done explaining things to her she looked over to my brother and said, “You haven’t said anything. It’s your account. What do you want to do?” Thankfully to all concerned he pointed at me and replied “Exactly what he said do.”

Then the woman began asking what we were going to do with the money. I don’t know why it would be any of her business, but I told her that I was putting in my savings account at another bank. Then she actually tried to convince me to open up an account with SunTrust.

I don't have an account at SunTrust because I despise them. I had an account with them in the mid-to-late 80s up until 2001. My first aggravation with them came in the late 80s when they gave me $20 to much money after depositing a check and getting some cash back. I tried to return the $20. It took about 10 minutes TO GIVE BACK money because the teller wanted to argue with me. Why would I want to FALSELY give back money? There were some other things, but the straw that broke the camels back was when in 2001 when I tried to get a small business loan. I had given them a business plans showing the outgo and income, that showed how to increase the income and decrease the outgo, AND I was putting up more collateral than the value of the loan. I was refused and the loan officer began the refusal with "This has nothing to do with who you are..." If it has nothing to do with who I am then why even bring it up? You see, I live in a rural county where your last name matters. I'm not originally from here. I'm from an adjoining county and my grandparents were dirt farmers.

The loan incident above ended my relationship with SunTrust. I now have accounts at two local banks and one local credit union and I can (and have) get loans at any of them by just making a phone call and then signing my name. They don't care that my ancestors were dirt farmers. All they care about is the fact that I pay my bills and money is green.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 05:12:39 PM »
Honestly I can see why she didn't want to remove your Mom just at the first point, there could well have been outstanding checks on her signature though your brother should have had a handle on whether there were or not, if he'd been paying bills for her.  But once that was out of the way, I think you guys should have gone back and followed through on you being added to the account.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 05:37:14 PM »
Honestly I can see why she didn't want to remove your Mom just at the first point, there could well have been outstanding checks on her signature though your brother should have had a handle on whether there were or not, if he'd been paying bills for her.  But once that was out of the way, I think you guys should have gone back and followed through on you being added to the account.

There were no outstanding checks at that time with the exception to one check to the monument company that I wrote and my brother signed.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 06:51:56 AM »
Death of a loved one gets so messy for those left to tend to matters and even those who are unknowingly involved.

As a real estate broker I’ve had a few instances of dealing with properties where the owner died and sometimes you end up dealing with people who had no clue they were heirs to ANYTHING!  I’ve had title companies spend weeks tracking down heirs. Some found in other countries, and one found in a rehab for crack.

Most of the time they would sign the needed documents and you moved on. Once in awhile you found an heir who wanted to buck the system. You couldn’t reason with them. I have some rather long tales of those folks.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen