Author Topic: Religion and freedom of speach  (Read 2806 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Religion and freedom of speach
« on: January 10, 2011, 07:12:29 PM »
http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/freedom-of-speech-is-dead

Found this while following links, I cannot understand how any of this got started, the Christian bashing here in the USA.

I wonder what the police would have done had the men handed out menu's to Slims Pig Picken Restaurant.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 12:21:38 PM by TVDOC »

Offline Gratiot

Re: Relegion and freedom of speach
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 02:41:42 PM »
http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/freedom-of-speech-is-dead

Found this while following links, I cannot understand how any of this got started, the Christian bashing here in the USA.

I wonder what the police would have done had the men handed out menu's to Slims Pig Picken Restaurant.

The group of missionaries arrested in Dearborn, were acquitted of disturbing the peace charges.  One was convicted of refusing to obey an officer though.  Even as a Christian, I don't think the reaction they received was one of Christian bashing.  While legal, albeit against the festivals rules, their efforts really seemed to be about publicity and provoking people rather than actual Christian proselytizing.

Offline Varokhâr

• Tea Party hearty, dude!
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 03:20:36 PM »
Even so, if it were Muslims arrested for being disorderly, Muslims the world over would raise Hell about it. They know they can push White Christians and get away with it, because Christians don't push back, anymore.

Freedom of speech and religion, like any right, needs to be defended and protected. If nothing is said, expect nothing to be done; if Christians don't stand up for their faith, their faith and fellow believers will get walked upon. It's the law of the jungle since time immemorial and it applies to everyone.

Deist. Libertarian. Patriot.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 03:25:04 PM »
Even so, if it were Muslims arrested for being disorderly, Muslims the world over would raise Hell about it. They know they can push White Christians and get away with it, because Christians don't push back, anymore.

Freedom of speech and religion, like any right, needs to be defended and protected. If nothing is said, expect nothing to be done; if Christians don't stand up for their faith, their faith and fellow believers will get walked upon. It's the law of the jungle since time immemorial and it applies to everyone.

I agree that freedom of speech and religion need to be defended and protected.
However should we really promote irrational reactions though?  I for one, consider the often near world wide irrational condemnation by Muslim masses over something taken out of context to not be a quality one would strive for their religion or faith to emulate.

Offline Varokhâr

• Tea Party hearty, dude!
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 04:53:12 PM »
However should we really promote irrational reactions though?  I for one, consider the often near world wide irrational condemnation by Muslim masses over something taken out of context to not be a quality one would strive for their religion or faith to emulate.

Vocal protest needn't be dismissed as "irrational reactions" - I'm not suggesting that Christians threaten to behead everyone who is not Christian, but that Christians as a whole do more than just shake their heads when someone puts a crucifix in a jar of urine, for example.

You can't reason with the irrational, either.

Deist. Libertarian. Patriot.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 05:06:21 PM »
Let them fume and stomp their angry little feet.

It's when they resort to violence the state has a right to intervene and interdict.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."