Author Topic: The media is complicit: Republicans block and Obama gets the blame  (Read 562 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Tennessee Gal (4,525 posts)

The media is complicit: Republicans block and Obama gets the blame

Last edited Sat Jun 2, 2012, 05:31 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Great summary of evidence from Media Matters:

Though Experts Agree Spending Cuts Hurt The Economy, Media Amplify GOP Attacks On Obama's Policies

Economic experts agree that spending cuts in a weak economy hurt the creation of jobs and economic growth. Though Republicans in Congress spent much of 2011 demanding spending cuts, the media are amplifying their attacks on President Obama's economic record.
Experts: Spending Cuts In A Weak Economy Damage Growth ...

IMF: "Fiscal Consolidation Typically Reduces Output And Raises Unemployment In The Short Term." From the IMF's 2010 World Economic Outlook:

Based on a historical analysis of fiscal consolidation in advanced economies, and on simulations of the IMF's Global Integrated Monetary and Fiscal Model (GIMF), it finds that fiscal consolidation typically reduces output and raises unemployment in the short term.

Economist Menzie Chinn: "A Front Loaded Fiscal Contraction, Heavy On Spending Cuts" Would Make The "Current US Recovery Worse Than That Of The Great Depression." Comparing the U.S. economy to that of the United Kingdom, University of Wisconsin economist Menzie Chinn writes on the blog Econbrowser:

We too can make the current US recovery worse than that of the Great Depression; just implement a front loaded fiscal contraction, heavy on spending cuts. Furthermore, in order to maximize the contractionary impact, harass the monetary authorities to tighten policy by inciting fears of high inflation (à la Rep. Paul Ryan), when year-on-year inflation as measured by the personal consumption expenditure deflator is 2.1%.

Much more: http://mediamatters.org/research/201206010011

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002756330

The OP is just crap from George Soros's minions at Media Matters.

Suji to Seoul (1,520 posts)
2. you forgot their own power. these people are addicted to power. it's their heroin.

Like the democrats aren't addicted to power? The Dems want power over every aspect of our lives the GOP not so much.

Tennessee Gal (4,525 posts)
3. Yes, but the media puts the blame where it doesn't belong.

When interviewing them, they never point out how the right wing refuses to even consider Obama's proposals or the fact that they do not have any proposals of their own for job creation.

Last night Rachel pointed out that Boehner said that everything was about jobs, jobs, jobs. Yet their Congressional discussion was about abortion.

The GOP has sent all kinds of proposals for job bills, it is the senate lead by Dingy Harry that has shit canned every single one.

kentuck (61,453 posts)
5. The Republicans started attacking the media after Nixon and Watergate...

....as biased and liberal. The "liberal media" became an epithet. The media were scared to death. They turned against fair and honest reporting in favor of simply accepting the Republican side of issues and questioning all "liberal" opposition.

Over time, the media was totally corrupted. They became part of the Republican establishment. Liberalism was on the outside.

Once we accept that they are our political enemy, the better off we will be.

Yeah the media is really carrying Romney's water for him. You are an idiot Kentuck.

kentuck (61,453 posts)
12. The media should be speaking for the 99% - not the 1%

That should be the general rule they should follow.

No, asshat they shouldn't speak for anyone, their job is to inform everyone of what is happening and let the people watching or reading decide how they think.

dmosh42 (1,368 posts)
17. What I don't understand is when will Obama go on the attack....

The congress has made attempts to pass legislation put forth by the Dems in the Senate, and were blocked by the Repukes. Now he has a record in black and white of their votes, plus he can ask where are their job plans that were promised in 2010? Maybe they're waiting for later in the summer, but meantime the wackos are piling the points up.

Do you pay attention to anything? 0bama and Biden have been on the attack since day one.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Kyle Ricky

Re: The media is complicit: Republicans block and Obama gets the blame
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 09:12:48 AM »
Media Matters is worse than MSNBC, if that is possible. I don't take anything they say as a grain of salt.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 09:41:31 AM »
Media Matters is like Dan Rather, fake but accurate.  They have yet to prove one thing they say us right let alone the truth. Also the msm has been liberal for years and It's only because of the internet and cable tv that their bias has been shown.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 09:54:15 AM »
Left-wing experts agree...

FIFY, Tennessee.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.