Author Topic: Season 2, "Better Call Saul" only 1 week away!  (Read 34838 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Season 2, "Better Call Saul" only 1 week away!
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2017, 06:22:15 PM »
Well, two episodes left in Season 3.  Thoughts?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2017, 12:34:29 AM »

I'm loving it. I do wonder how well I would enjoy the show had I not been a huge Breaking Bad fan. Could the show stand on its own?
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2017, 07:57:27 AM »
I'm loving it. I do wonder how well I would enjoy the show had I not been a huge Breaking Bad fan. Could the show stand on its own?

Good question.  Probably, because it is so well done.

Those of us who watched Breaking Bad enjoy it because of the back history of Jimmy/Saul, Mike, Gus, & Hector.  As I mentioned before, I'm really curious what happens to Kim & Chuck.  Neither were mentioned in Breaking Bad.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2017, 12:14:02 AM »

I can't wait for the next season!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2018, 12:23:23 PM »
Season 4 kicked off a couple weeks ago.  Anyone else still anxiously waiting and finally enjoying?

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2018, 12:58:30 PM »
Games of Thrones is decent for a TV show but if you really want to enjoy it, read the books.  I never could get in to House of Cards, but then Kevin Spacey annoys me.

It took me a few episodes to get in to Breaking Bad, but it is really good.

I tried BB but like Seinfeld ad Friends and other cultural bulwarks I just didn't get it.  I had a long flight and they had 4 or 5 eps from season 2 and it was just a shoulder shrugger.

Thus my lack of interest in BCS.

But I do look in on these types of threads to see what the fascination is.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2018, 01:05:57 PM »
I tried BB but like Seinfeld ad Friends and other cultural bulwarks I just didn't get it.  I had a long flight and they had 4 or 5 eps from season 2 and it was just a shoulder shrugger.

Thus my lack of interest in BCS.

But I do look in on these types of threads to see what the fascination is.

Couldn't recall everyone here who had been following the show.  But thanks for the response.

Watch almost zero current TV series.  Just a couple of really good ones.

Saul/Jimmy was an important yet minor character in BB.  The series is a prequel that shows how he transformed himself into slimy lawyer Saul Goodman.  It is really intriguing.  Especially for those who watched Breaking Bad.

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2018, 03:41:15 PM »
Couldn't recall everyone here who had been following the show.  But thanks for the response.

Watch almost zero current TV series.  Just a couple of really good ones.

Saul/Jimmy was an important yet minor character in BB.  The series is a prequel that shows how he transformed himself into slimy lawyer Saul Goodman.  It is really intriguing.  Especially for those who watched Breaking Bad.

Yes, Mrs. Ausonius and I are big fans!  The theme of how basically good people can make a series of somewhat bad choices - even with good intentions - and how those minor erroneous choices lead to making disastrously big ones, was the basis of Breaking Bad, and we see another version of it with the "Fake Jew" Saul Goodman i.e. James McGill (Bob Odenkirk) and also with Mike Ermentraut (Jonathan Banks).

Do you remember Jonathan Banks from Wise Guy in the 1980's?

Much thinner and less brutal looking back then!     O-)
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2018, 04:36:58 PM »
Yes, Mrs. Ausonius and I are big fans!  The theme of how basically good people can make a series of somewhat bad choices - even with good intentions - and how those minor erroneous choices lead to making disastrously big ones, was the basis of Breaking Bad, and we see another version of it with the "Fake Jew" Saul Goodman i.e. James McGill (Bob Odenkirk) and also with Mike Ermentraut (Jonathan Banks).

Do you remember Jonathan Banks from Wise Guy in the 1980's?

Much thinner and less brutal looking back then!     O-)

Did remember him from the movie "48 Hours".  Almost unrecognizable from his character on BB & Better Call Saul.

Anti-heros is kinda the Hollywood buzzword.  Never would have thought a comedic actor Odenkirk could do drama so wonderfully.