Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke emerges as the most electable Democrat in poll that shows he would  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Beto O'Rourke emerges as the most electable Democrat in poll that shows he would beat Trump by 10 points – and the only front-runner the president would beat is Elizabeth Warren
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6986603/Beto-ORourke-emerges-electable-Democrat-poll-shows-beat-Trump.html

Former Texas Representative Beto O’Rourke emerged in a new poll as the most likely to beat President Donald Trump if he were to win the Democratic nomination in 2020.

In a new CNN/SSRS poll released Thursday, 52 per cent of registered voters said they would vote for O’Rourke if he was running against Trump in the general elections.

Former Vice President Joe Biden and Independent Senator Bernie Sanders came in a close second and third with 51 and 50 per cent, respectively.

It is a CNN poll and it is not even 2020 yet.

I think the Democratic nominee is someone no has heard of. It is going to be a woman along the line of an Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 10:35:00 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
I think it’s going to be Ol’ Sleepy Joe Biden, because he’s the Establishment candidate.  He’ll get buried by President Trump in the general.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Kinda looks like where it's going that way.  At his age he could keel over before we get there though.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 02:33:52 PM by DumbAss Tanker »
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Let’s say, God forbid, that happens—after the convention.  Would his VP candidate automatically ascend to the Presidential candidate role?  Or would there be a massive Dem fight?  :catfight:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Let’s say, God forbid, that happens—after the convention.  Would his VP candidate automatically ascend to the Presidential candidate role?  Or would there be a massive Dem fight?  :catfight:

Don't quote me on this, but I believe if a party-nominated candidate dies before an election, the narrow cadre of party leaders are given the power to name a replacement.

In this case, the Democrat national committee, being mostly professional and establishment Democrats, isn't going to pick a candidate wildly radical.....such as Bernie Sanders.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I'm with Frank on that, though also with a 'Don't quote me on this' level of confidence.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline freedumb2003b

Beto O'Rourke emerges as the most electable Democrat in poll that shows he would beat Trump by 10 points – and the only front-runner the president would beat is Elizabeth Warren
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6986603/Beto-ORourke-emerges-electable-Democrat-poll-shows-beat-Trump.html

It is a CNN poll and it is not even 2020 yet.

I think the Democratic nominee is someone no has heard of. It is going to be a woman along the line of an Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

37 people at his LV rally.  He is killing it.

Anyone remember hiLIARy's dozens of people while bj talks "rallys?"  Yeah, this is like that.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.