Author Topic: My husband had beaten cancer, then doctors WRONGLY told him it had returned  (Read 1415 times)

Offline thundley4

My husband had beaten cancer, then doctors WRONGLY told him it had returned and sent him to a hospice who let him die.
A grandfather who beat cancer was wrongly told the disease had returned and left to die at a hospice which pioneered a controversial 'death pathway'.
Doctors said there was nothing more they could do for 76-year- old Jack Jones, and his family claim he was denied food, water and medication except painkillers.
He died within two weeks. But tests after his death found that his cancer had not come back and he was in fact suffering from pneumonia brought on by a chest infection.
To his family's horror, they were told he could have recovered if he'd been given the correct treatment.
Yesterday, after being given an £18,000 pay-out over her ordeal, his widow Pat branded his treatment 'barbaric' and accused the doctors of manslaughter.
Mr Jones was being cared for at a hospice which was central to the contentious Liverpool Care Pathway under which dying patients have their life support taken away, although the hospice claims it wasn't officially applied in his case.
The scheme is used by hundreds of hospitals and care homes, and is followed in as many as 20,000 deaths a year.
Supporters say it brings dignity to a patient's final hours, but critics fear that some are placed into it incorrectly.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1219853/My-husband-beaten-cancer-doctors-wrongly-told-returned-let-die.html#ixzz0TosTAtNv

It's too bad that these stories don't reach a larger audience in the US.

Offline Chump

It's too bad that these stories don't reach a larger audience in the US.

Oh, but it wouldn't be like that over here.  You will still have the choice to pursue whatever treatment is available and no one will interfere in your care and health costs will decrease so much and your premiums will be super low and the program will be funded all by premiums no new taxes and it will really improve your options and choices and oh my goodness do these people really believe the drivel they type because here I am trying to type it also and I feel like I have diarrhea where my brains should be no way could someone be this thoughtless and still function effectively in society.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
Not even the healing white light can save us now.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
Not even the healing white light can save us now.

Yep, I'm beginning to believe that, like it or not, we're all fixing to take the throbbing brown shaft.