Author Topic: I really will be disappointed if Biden allows for the stimulus phaseout to begin  (Read 832 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member Drunken Irishman (33,976 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215060993

I really will be disappointed if Biden allows for the stimulus phaseout to begin at $50,000.

I make over $50,000 as an individual. I do not claim anyone on my taxes. I promise you I am not wealthy. I don't have a lot of money once my bills are paid. If Biden seriously goes with Manchin and puts the individual phaseout at $50,000+, I am going to be very disappointed. I could really use that $1,400 and have been counting on it since Biden won and promised 'every American' would receive $1,400.

:yawn:

jimfields33 (4,477 posts)

2. I'm waiting till the final version is voted on before getting upset

I guess I don’t need it but it’d be nice to have a cushion for a change. We’ll see.

jimfields33 (4,477 posts)

8. I can call my senators

However, I have Rubio and Scott. Yieks. They probably want nothing. My house guy is Daniel Webster. Not sure he’s any better. My state rep is Sabatini. Goodness. Not a good one in the bunch.

Star Member beaglelover (1,535 posts)

19. Every American didn't get the first stimulus payments.

I didn't get one and don't need one as I've been able to keep my job during this pandemic and earn above the cutoff. The $600 payments went to the same group who got the first stimulus payments and the latest $1,400 was supposed to go to that same group, but now he may change that to increase the threshold.

Star Member underpants (159,759 posts)

5. I will be surprised if it's that low

We have a couple of projects that we will need to hire someone to do - a dog door for instance - and some 100K mileage work on my wife’s car. We are probably not out of the norm in that regard. Yes the buying of groceries and immediate bills by people really hurting will help float the economy but contractors need to keep going too. Economists know that so I don’t think it will be at $50K.

My 2¢

Star Member sheshe2 (70,152 posts)

21. I want to ask, most politely...

What kind of car needs 100K in repairs? I have had 4 cars I purchased in my life all of them combined did not cost 100K.

Not judging, yet a curious need to know. It would be less costly to buy a new economical car.

Just my thoughts.

:thatsright:

Star Member Demsrule86 (51,669 posts)

14. I think that would be a mistake...we need to keep the number that Trump did...and 50,000 isn't

that much money these days.

Star Member Demsrule86 (51,669 posts)

20. Biden just said he thought 75,000 for single and 150,000 for families....that is what he wants.

He wants the 15.00 as well but fears it will be stripped out based on reconciliation rules. He was speaking to Norah O'Donnell.

Star Member Skittles (133,356 posts)

26. the party that gave tax cuts to billionaires

now claims that $50,000 is "upper income"

Biden should NOT agree

:whatever:

getagrip_already (6,908 posts)

27. every american was never a promise......

Sorry, it never was. Americans in need of assistance was the "goal", but it was never a promise, and certainly the koch brothers and the murdoch's were never considered.

If you want more relief, great. But it doesn't sound like you are at risk of losing your home or having your car repossessed or your kids missing a meal.

Others are.

I'm not getting any money either, but I'm not complaining.

just sayin.

Star Member Maven (10,508 posts)

29. Our party's obsession with 'means testing' has to stop

It is a conservative mindset and is politically self-defeating.

Stop being worried that people who don't need help will get it. Start being worried that people who do need help won't get it.

Star Member handmade34 (20,589 posts)

33. Biden won't "allow" anything

Biden will do whatever he has to to get as much money to as many people as he can... he is working with a very slim 'majority' with a couple of Democrats that don't see it like you and I...

we complain and criticize Biden at our peril... too many memories of people here complaining that Obama wasn't getting them everything they thought he should... the irrational discouragement gave us a Republican House and Senate in 2010... we do not want to replicate that...

truth is, it will take a whole lot more that $1400 to make a lot of people whole... we need to worry about the people losing homes and racking up way too much debt because of Covid

:rotf:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DUmpDiver

It's worth it just for this post:  :rotf:

Star Member sheshe2 (70,152 posts)

What kind of car needs 100K in repairs? I have had 4 cars I purchased in my life all of them combined did not cost 100K.

Not judging, yet a curious need to know. It would be less costly to buy a new economical car.

Just my thoughts.

With a 70K post count that DUmmie's IQ has to be down to around 40 by now. 

(And just for clarification I did not mean $70,000.)

Offline DLR Pyro

It's worth it just for this post:  :rotf:

With a 70K post count that DUmmie's IQ has to be down to around 40 by now. 

(And just for clarification I did not mean $70,000.)
:rofl:
What's the saying...
"Its better to let them think you're a fool than to open your mouth and prove you are a fool "

It looks like drunken Irishman is afraid he'll be left on the station platform as the gravy train rides off into the sunset without him.

And can I point out how some people may take offense to the term "drunken Irishman "?  Boy, talk about cultural stereotypes.   I mean would the DUmp allow a DUmmy to use the name "lazy Mexican " or "out of work blackman"?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline YupItsMe

Quote from:  Star Member sheshe2 (70,152 posts)

Just my thoughts.
     They are just so much smarter than us knuckle-dragging conservatives they can barely talk to us.  ::) I think this post plus the previous ones should be copied into The Dumping Ground to be memorialized forever.  :-)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I like how they’ve convinced themselves that Biden didn’t promise $2,000 checks would go out immediately. Those were his exact words while campaigning for the 2 senators in Georgia. Now they’ve convinced themselves what he REALLY meant was $1,400. LOL

And immediately didn’t really mean IMMEDIATELY. No, he didn’t lie, people just couldn’t understand what he was really saying because of his brilliance. LOL

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
sheshe2 (70,152 posts)

What kind of car needs 100K in repairs?

One that doesn't use fossil fuels.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

I'm disappointed. I was hoping that DU thread would devolve into a Poor-Mouthing Fest or Blue-on-Blue Economic Envy Infighting. Ah, well.

$50K a year is probably a decent salary in some parts of the US. Here in Silicon Valley it might suffice to be able to rent a spare bedroom plus bathroom and kitchen use in someone's house.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I'm disappointed. I was hoping that DU thread would devolve into a Poor-Mouthing Fest or Blue-on-Blue Economic Envy Infighting. Ah, well.

$50K a year is probably a decent salary in some parts of the US. Here in Silicon Valley it might suffice to be able to rent a spare bedroom plus bathroom and kitchen use in someone's house.

This is always the problem with federal solutions to state issues. They don’t match.

People don’t think about that a lot. Firearms is one of those issues. Federal laws designed to deal with places like Chicago, St. Louis, Baltimore, Etc., won’t work for Deep South East Texas, for example. Or any part of Montana, Wyoming, the Dakotas, etc.

The more local we can keep our laws, the better for everyone.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
I like how they’ve convinced themselves that Biden didn’t promise $2,000 checks would go out immediately. Those were his exact words while campaigning for the 2 senators in Georgia. Now they’ve convinced themselves what he REALLY meant was $1,400. LOL

And immediately didn’t really mean IMMEDIATELY. No, he didn’t lie, people just couldn’t understand what he was really saying because of his brilliance. LOL

KC

Remember, these are the same idiots that believe $4.00 + a gallon gas is a good thing.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline freedumb2003b

I make over $50,000 as an individual. I do not claim anyone on my taxes. I promise you I am not wealthy. I don't have a lot of money once my bills are paid

You sure as hell are.  The fact you cannot manage your money is YOUR problem.  If you use it all paying taxes then you choose to live in a place that implements YOUR desired policies.

Karma's a bitch, baby.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline YupItsMe

You sure as hell are.  The fact you cannot manage your money is YOUR problem.  If you use it all paying taxes then you choose to live in a place that implements YOUR desired policies.

Karma's a bitch, baby.

I don't want to share my personal information on the net.  But I will say I never in 42 yrs of working made $50K/Yr., but I would bet that same $50K that my net worth is 4X the dummie's

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Star Member Drunken Irishman (33,976 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215060993

I really will be disappointed if Biden allows for the stimulus phaseout to begin at $50,000.

I make over $50,000 as an individual. I do not claim anyone on my taxes. I promise you I am not wealthy. I don't have a lot of money once my bills are paid. If Biden seriously goes with Manchin and puts the individual phaseout at $50,000+, I am going to be very disappointed. I could really use that $1,400 and have been counting on it since Biden won and promised 'every American' would receive $1,400.

The IRS said they mailed ours out, and I'm still not counting on it until gets here AND clears the bank. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline thundley4

I make over $50,000 as an individual. I do not claim anyone on my taxes.

If you claim 0, then you are a fool and giving the feds an interest free loan of your money.

Offline landofconfusion80

If you claim 0, then you are a fool and giving the feds an interest free loan of your money.
Yes yes yes!!! I max mine out to the fully legal 9. We also have a couple of rentals. They don't really generate much income but they're excellent tax shelters. Its tough trying to explain how it all works to most people
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)