Author Topic: Donald J. Trump is personally responsible for poverty in Mumbai  (Read 1369 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Donald J. Trump is personally responsible for poverty in Mumbai
« on: December 31, 2016, 07:49:08 AM »
highplainsdem (11,862 posts)

Have you seen the photo of the billboard for Trump Tower Mumbai looming over sleeping street kids?

I don't know how to post the photo itself, so I'm posting the link to the Snopes article confirming the photo is real, and including other photos of the same site from the same photographer:

http://www.snopes.com/trump-tower-billboard-in-mumbai/

I first ran across it on Twitter this morning 

but from what the article says, the photo started circulating this month on Facebook (after originally being posted there in 2014), though the link to the Dec. 2016 Facebook page no longer brings up the photo there.

It shows Trump with a gloating smile, seated in one of his gilded chairs, apparently in his own Trump Tower home, and the billboard reads:

THERE IS
ONLY ONE WAY
TO LIVE.

THE TRUMP WAY.

And below the billboard, children sleep in the street.

Says everything about Trump and his "values."

Snopes says the photo was challenged as not being real, but they were able to verify that it is.

Imagine how much better those people's lives would be if that billboard wasn't there.

Cha (189,241 posts)

1. FO dumpft and your quest for world domination.

tacky pos

a hotel chain = world domination

IronLionZion (15,832 posts)

2. Trump is smarter than all of us

if the rest of us worked harder, we could also live the Trump way, luxuriously tax free

He's living by the tax code your heroes, the smarterest people ever to run government, wrote.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028417194
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Donald J. Trump is personally responsible for poverty in Mumbai
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 08:33:20 AM »
At one time there were probably nice things in Detroit too.

Offline Undies

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 09:01:07 AM »
Would the little DUmmie goons be happier if the street children slept under a billboard showing infidels being beheaded?  Or maybe a shot of some homosexual victim being hurled off a four-story building?  Maybe a bunch of hijab covered women waiting to be stoned?

Offline Delmar

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 09:23:21 AM »
There is only one way to live.  The trump way.

Brace yourselves, lurking primitives.

That is great.  I think I'll use that for my signature line.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 09:57:03 AM »
It would be a damn shame if Trump really builds there and creates hundreds of job opportunities for the people of mumbai.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 10:24:58 AM »
It would be a damn shame if Trump really builds there and creates hundreds of job opportunities for the people of mumbai.

Hundreds of jobs?

Hotels have to be built, staffed and maintained.

They require utilities.

Those hotels house numerous upscale restaurants.

All of these things require supply chains that span the world.

The taxes paid for the streets with or without children sleeping in them (the children certainly didn't pay for the streets).

Then there is the downstream benefits of all those employees spending their paychecks elsewhere in the economy.

Trump has done more to alleviate poverty than all the world's Proglodytes put together.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 11:08:52 AM »
Hundreds of jobs?

Hotels have to be built, staffed and maintained.

They require utilities.

Those hotels house numerous upscale restaurants.

All of these things require supply chains that span the world.

The taxes paid for the streets with or without children sleeping in them (the children certainly didn't pay for the streets).

Then there is the downstream benefits of all those employees spending their paychecks elsewhere in the economy.

Trump has done more to alleviate poverty than all the world's Proglodytes put together.

All true, however it won't help the kids in the picture or their parents one bit.

They are the "untouchables", the lowest caste of the lowest caste. With the caste system in India, those children are doomed to the street, sifting through garbage, doing the jobs no one else will do.

But it will generate hundreds, if not thousands of jobs, worldwide.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 11:21:44 AM »
If I was Trump, I'd be pissed that my marketing people were spending my advertising dollars so poorly. I mean WTF?

KC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 06:15:54 AM »

Thousands, if you count all the construction workers and the businesses who provide products and services to the hotel. Then there's the money visitors spend in and about Mumbai, and the business many will be bringing to Mumbai, Maharashtra State, and the rest of India.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 07:26:50 AM »
At one time there were probably nice things in Detroit too.
:II:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 02:44:52 PM »
Trump will create thousands of jobs with that project in India alone.

OTOH

Obama has created zero jobs in India during eight years.

Talk among yourselves.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 04:43:31 PM »
Trump will create thousands of jobs with that project in India alone.

OTOH

Obama has created zero jobs in India during eight years.

Talk among yourselves.

The jobs that are "coming back" because of Trump's policies are jobs BHO wrote off or promised to attack. Obama hasn't tried to create real jobs here in the US, and succeeded as he tried.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.