Author Topic: Conn. Student Sues After Being Awakened  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Conn. Student Sues After Being Awakened
« on: March 14, 2008, 11:58:30 AM »
Conn. Student Sues After Being Awakened

DANBURY, Conn., Mar. 13, 2008

(AP) Danbury officials have been notified they are being sued by a student who was awakened in class by a teacher who made a loud noise. Documents filed with the Town Clerk, a prelude to a lawsuit, claim that a sleeping student suffered hearing damage when his teacher woke him up by slamming her hand down on the boy's desk in December.

Attorney Alan Barry says 15-year-old Vinicios Robacher suffered pain and "very severe injuries to his left eardrum" when teacher Melissa Nadeau abruptly slammed the palm of her hand on his desk on Dec. 4.

A city official says the matter has been referred to Danbury's insurance carrier.

Teh kid and/or his parents gotta be DUmmies.   :whatever:

SOURCE
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Conn. Student Sues After Being Awakened
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 03:09:14 PM »
The sad thing is that the school district will probably settle or the ins.company will and everyone else gets to pay for it. :banghead:

Offline lastparker

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 04:09:31 PM »
My husband used to fall asleep in class all the time.  One teacher ushered the class out into the hall, set all the clocks to 5pm, and then they watched.

There was MUCH taunting and laughter when he finally woke up, drool all over his cheek, looking like an ass.

Maybe he should have sued for the Teacher hurting his self esteeeeeeem.... get a Whambulance!!!!!

Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 05:22:38 PM »
Ear injuries are weird like that sometimes, so I hesitate to totally write it off as a lie, but I'd think a medical exam would quickly establish whether the kid was a full-time shithead or just a part-time one.   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 05:24:52 PM »
Ear injuries are weird like that sometimes, so I hesitate to totally write it off as a lie, but I'd think a medical exam would quickly establish whether the kid was a full-time shithead or just a part-time one.   
Eh, in my day, a teacher didn't hit the desk of the sleeping student.  They were more adept at reaching the "seat of the problem"....and lawsuits did not follow.  After being "awakened", students did not usually opt to sit for quite a while.   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 05:36:46 PM »
Eh, in my day, a teacher didn't hit the desk of the sleeping student.  They were more adept at reaching the "seat of the problem"....and lawsuits did not follow.  After being "awakened", students did not usually opt to sit for quite a while.   :-)

I had chalk thrown at me--twice--in my Catholic high school.  One time, I was the target, the other time, it was the guy next to me.  Got everyone's attention both times.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 05:40:42 PM »

I had chalk thrown at me--twice--in my Catholic high school.  One time, I was the target, the other time, it was the guy next to me.  Got everyone's attention both times.
I was in a public school.  There were a few teachers with deadly aim with chalk or erasers.  Fortunately, I never got caught.   :-)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 05:46:35 PM »

I was in a public school.  There were a few teachers with deadly aim with chalk or erasers.  Fortunately, I never got caught.   :-)

Neither time did the chalk strike its intended target.  The desk I was sitting at took the hit both times.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.