Author Topic: Venezuela: the U.S. government is “the terrorist government par excellence"  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
 :thatsright:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=103x345008

Joanne98  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 05:50 AM
Original message
Venezuela: the U.S. government is “the terrorist government par excellence"
 Advertisements [?]
The United States government is "the terrorist government par excellence," Venezuela's representative in the Organisation of American States (OAS), Jorge Valero said in response to Washington's threats to list Venezuela as a "terrorist" nation for supposedly funding the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC).

"This is an aberration, an absolutely stupid thing to say from the government of Mr Bush, which is the terrorist government par excellence, that practices state terrorism, that has invaded Iraq and Afghanistan without respect for international law, that commits genocidal practices in various parts of the world, that has invaded Latin American and Caribbean countries, that aims to present itself as the moral conscience of the world," Valero said in an interview with state-owned television station VTV.

U.S. President George W. Bush today accused Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez of backing "terrorists" in neighboring Colombia and using his countries oil wealth to fuel an anti-American campaign across Latin America.

Bush made the comments in an address to the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in Washington as he called on the U.S. congress to ratify the US-Colombia free trade agreement. Democrats in the Congress have stalled the passage of the agreement pointing to Colombia's appalling human rights record.

Bush argued the accord is "pivotal" to countering the influence of Chavez throughout Latin America. Since it was first elected in 1998, the Chavez government has used billions of dollars of oil revenue to fund social programs that provide free education and healthcare to the poor and has spearheaded a continental wide revolt against neo-liberalism and U.S. domination.

"As it tries to expand its influence in Latin America, the regime claims to promote social justice. In truth its agenda amounts to little more than empty promises and a thirst for power," Bush claimed in his speech.

Bush also criticized Chavez's response to Colombia's March 1 military incursion into Ecuador that among 21 others killed Raul Reyes, the FARC second in command, only days after the guerrilla group had unilaterally released four prisoners to Venezuelan authorities.

"The president of Venezuela praised the terrorist leader as a good revolutionary and ordered his troops to the Colombian border," the US president said.

Twenty-one archconservative Republican lawmakers including Connie Mack and Ileana Ros-Lehtinen from Florida are calling for Venezuela to be placed on the U.S. Statement Department list of countries that sponsor terrorism, claiming that Venezuela has close links with the FARC.

The Colombian government last week released excerpts of documents supposedly found on laptops belonging to the FARC seized during the Colombian military's raid in Ecuador, claiming they showed that the Venezuelan government had recently made a payment of $300 million to the guerrillas.

However, the only reference to the alleged $300 million reads; "... With relation to the 300, which from now on we will call "dossier," efforts are now going forward at the instructions of the boss to the cojo , which I will explain in a separate note. Let's call the boss Ángel, and the cripple Ernesto." It does not mention Chavez or the Venezuelan government.

The Colombian government has reportedly called in experts from Interpol to analyze the veracity of the documents.

http://www.venezuelanalysis.com/news/3266

Please..............please move there

RC  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 07:17 AM
Response to Original message
1. Once again Hugo is correct and bu$h is accusing others of that which he is doing.

:bird: :bird:

AlertLurker (818 posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 07:32 AM
2. If Venezuela is put on the State Dep't Terrorist List...
 Edited on Thu Mar-13-08 07:32 AM by AlertLurker
How does the USA think they will replace Venezuela's export to the US of 1.1 million barrels of oil per day?

I'm pretty sure that China would be more than happy to import all the "terrorist Venezuelan oil" that the USA no longer wants, so at least Hugo will not be out of pocket...
What a batch of morons.

You do know who refines that smelly oil that Hugo has don't ya??

judasdisney (30 posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 07:55 AM
3. If You Want Habeas Corpus, Move To Latin America
 Latin America is the future of democracy. The U.S. is headed toward the opposite.

Viva democracy. Viva Latin America.

Oh hell.................please go to Latin America
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline jukin

I think it is time to begin acting like the leftist's of the world think we do.

Mecca---Turn it to glass.

Hugo---.50 hole in his head.

Lill Kim---See hugo

Food---We start using food like OPEC uses oil.

Illegals---treat them just like Mexico does.

Terrorists----Use the alqueda torture manual on them.

Leaks of Natioonal Security----MSM goes to jail and then to the coldest part of North Dakota.

Foreign aid----STOP

Watch how fast we are admired because they will be scared of us.  LEftists are cowards and only take action against those they know will not cause them harm.....time to change that and live up to our reputation.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Oh my.

Doug's ex-wife must still be asleep (circa 12:45 p.m. Pacific time), as she hasn't shown up at this particular bonfire yet.

In fact, there's been only three primitives there.

And I rather like jukin's idea of us using food as OPEC uses oil.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Airwolf

I think it is time to begin acting like the leftist's of the world think we do.

Mecca---Turn it to glass.

Hugo---.50 hole in his head.

Lill Kim---See hugo

Food---We start using food like OPEC uses oil.

Illegals---treat them just like Mexico does.

Terrorists----Use the alqueda torture manual on them.

Leaks of Natioonal Security----MSM goes to jail and then to the coldest part of North Dakota.

Foreign aid----STOP

Watch how fast we are admired because they will be scared of us.  LEftists are cowards and only take action against those they know will not cause them harm.....time to change that and live up to our reputation.

:agree:
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Oh my.

Doug's ex-wife must still be asleep (circa 12:45 p.m. Pacific time), as she hasn't shown up at this particular bonfire yet.

In fact, there's been only three primitives there.

And I rather like jukin's idea of us using food as OPEC uses oil.

Oh, she'll be there for Hugo soon. She just had to bop down to the local 7-Eleven for more ChapStick.

I like jukin's idea, too. We'll call it OFUC (Organization of Food Underwriting Countries). We may need to slow down exports a bit, just to keep prices stable, doncha know. :evil:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself