Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Critter Grief  (Read 2978 times)

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: DUmmies Discuss Critter Grief
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2009, 04:43:49 PM »
Our cat, Poptart, loves to kill birds. Whenever I find one, I unceremoniously throw it in the trashcan.

Animals are DUmb, DUmmies. I wish I could count the number of deer (non-legal, and NO I did not get some "camp meat") that have stared at me while hunting, completely oblivious to the fact I could shoot their ass dead.

Idiots  :thatsright:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2009, 05:02:44 PM »
I wish I could count the number of deer (non-legal, and NO I did not get some "camp meat") that have stared at me while hunting, completely oblivious to the fact I could shoot their ass dead.

One time, when I was home from college on Thanksgiving break, I went deer hunting with a high school friend of mine.  Actually, we were part of a group that went out on a couple of the guys' farms that morning.  Weeeell, my buddy and I were out late the night before partying.  Three hours after we got in to his house, the alarm went off.  I dressed and dragged my sorry, hung-over ass out the door with him and his father.  Fast-forward to two hours later, and BSS had his back to a big oak tree in a swamp, sitting down.  So, I "rested my eyes" . . . for a few minutes.  I didn't lose consciousness, but I was pretty close.  Then I heard the sound of footprints coming my way.  I thought, "No effin waaaay . . . " and heard them go to my left side.  I moved my head a bit, and opened my eyes.  There, maybe fifteen feet away from me, was a doe, who knew that the blob against the bottom of the oak tree with two trunks wasn't supposed to be there.  My head was screaming in pain.  My thought was, "Go the **** away!"  So, the doe dropped her head . . . for a second or two, then whipped her head back up.  I'm thinking, "PLEASE go away!!!"  The doe dropped her head again after 20 or so seconds, moved three or four steps, then brought her head back up.  By this time, I had regained some control of my limbs, and I had the Remington 742 in .30-06 on her.  I'm thinking, "Grow antlers, you bitch!"  The doe must have felt as if she had worn out her welcome, because she started to move away . . . s l o w l y.  V e r r r r y  s l o w l y.  Took her ten minutes to go 150 yards and get out of my sight.  If I had had a doe permit, we would have had venison.

Anyone that says that animals can't jerk your chain is an idiot.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2009, 10:07:47 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LOLZ, I had that happen so many times.............but not while hungover or falling asleep........ :lmao:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2009, 01:20:13 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LOLZ, I had that happen so many times.............but not while hungover or falling asleep........ :lmao:

Yep, Does are stupid! I've followed them for hundreds of yards when it is raining outsude and they can't smell or hear me. Always hoping a buck would show up for some poon tane. Never happened. Bucks can be some pretty cagey characters, does, not so much.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!