Author Topic: I ended a family relationship tonight...  (Read 1340 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I ended a family relationship tonight...
« on: April 19, 2009, 09:25:02 PM »
Mz Pip  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5492951
      Sun Apr-19-09 10:10 PM
Original message

I don't have much of a family being an only child and both parents are deceased. The only family on my mom's side I've kept in touch with over the years is my cousin's wife. That's over as of tonight.

I've been more than tolerant of the RW screeds she sends be on a regular basis but the last one put me over the top. I won't post it. It was a picture of Obama bowing to the Saudi king. Big ****ing deal IMHO. Well this screed accused him of all sorts of malfeasance like 'bowing to the head of Islam!!!!' Oh noes!!!!!!!!!!!! That along with a bunch of racist innuendos. I hit back this time with the pics from the 'tea parties' and all the racist signs. Of course she didn't acknowledge the odiousness of any of this and told me that if I was so smart I should run for government office.

So I countered with the fact that these people who write these screeds don't even have the courage to sign their names much less run for office.

So tonight I get her latest comeback telling me that I just spout Democratic talking points but she reads both sides of the issue before making a decision. (Yeah, right. I'd believe that if she ever sent me anything other than RW screed.) So I was basically accused of not being a good American, that the people who sent these emails loved America and I obviously didn't. "You are not open-minded or you are blinded or deaf to what is going on.... Oh and by the way the people I send those emails too are great people who LOVE this Country and LOVE God and CARE what happens." No, they only care about having things go their way.

I replied pretty much shredding her and told her to stop sending me this crap.

So that's that. Obama pals around with terrorists and we all voted for him so we love the terrorists. Got it. **** you.

Funny. I don't feel bad at all.

Mz Pip

I keep hearing of all the hate the right-wing has, and yet, I only hear about leftists doing shit like this.

OmahaBlueDog  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-19-09 10:16 PM
Response to Original message
5. I'm genuinely curious. Is there any common ground at this point?

It used to be we could say, "I disagree with what you'll say, but I'll go to my death defending your right to say it". It seems like now, there is no common ground. I know some coworkers who are cons who I can good naturedly trade barbs with, but mostly, about all I can discuss now and stay on safe ground is sports. The minute it gets to current events, it gets nasty.

Dammit Ann  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-19-09 10:17 PM
6. Hell yes! You don't need that shit in your life.

I hate this whole idea that if we are DEMOCRATIC CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY that we are the ****ING ENEMY!

**** these ****ers. You will most likely never miss her presence in your life.

There's the LOVE!!!

NV Whino  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-19-09 10:18 PM
8. Yup.

A long time friend of mine (over 40 years) kept sending me all that right wing shit and I finally told him to stop it. He doesn't even examine it himself, or write it himself, he just passes it along. Haven't heard from him since.

Got another one who's going to disappear shortly, too. Her latest one was on the tea party she attended.

So hugs to you, Mz Pip. You have plenty of company. The good kind, that is.

So much love and understanding, and yet we are the ones trying to tear this country apart?
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline thundley4

Re: I ended a family relationship tonight...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 09:31:02 PM »
The cousin's wife probably told her to quit asking for money , and to get a job if welfare wasn't paying enough.  That was turned into a racism bouncy.

0Bongs, no conversion and the DUmmie ran away from the fight.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 09:31:09 PM »
I call :bs2flag:
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 11:22:35 PM »
For a normal person, disowning a family member or being disowned would be a hurtful, embarrassing thing. Not to DUmbasses. They wear it as a badge of honor.

Apparently they live their real lives just like their online lives. If someone disagrees with them they just "ban" them.

Insane.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 11:26:31 PM »
Cuzz's wife sounds like one luck family member.  What a relief it must be for her not to have to pretend anymore that the Little Goon is sane and worthy of equal consideration.  2009 could turn out to be her best year in years.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 11:27:48 PM »
I've never even considered ending a family relationship, even when my relatives have said crazy stuff.  To me, an e-mail can be deleted, and my family members are more important than any wacky opinions they may have.  

DUmmies, maybe if you stepped back from the politics, you might see that there is more to life than proving those on the right-wing wrong.  

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 12:44:02 AM »
For a normal person, disowning a family member or being disowned would be a hurtful, embarrassing thing. Not to DUmbasses. They wear it as a badge of honor.

Apparently they live their real lives just like their online lives. If someone disagrees with them they just "ban" them.
Insane.

Ya know, i think ya just hit the nail right on the head!

They are treating those that don't agree with them, the same way the MODS at the island treat those that don't have their point of view.

I think they believe this is an acceptable way to deal with their lives. PATHETIC, ain't it?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 07:30:45 AM »
Why would any conservative sign their name to anything, even accurate, given the left's penchant along with their media whores to demonize any contrary opinion to their own? I don't blame what is likely a smart average joe from wanting to protect their reputation and families from the vileness that is the left in some pockets.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 08:08:44 AM »
Sometimes I'm convinced these conservative relatives are playing a game of "Let's see how far I can push this moonbat before they cut off all ties to me."

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Gwitness

• Leave that thing alone.
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 09:20:21 AM »
Sometimes I'm convinced these conservative relatives are playing a game of "Let's see how far I can push this moonbat before they cut off all ties to me."

heh-heh....my father is an Obama moonbat....my brother and I show him no mercy.

Offline Karin

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 10:21:57 AM »
When I was college age I was an idiot moonbat; I voted for the most atrocious people you can imagine, fortunately, none of them won.  My brother and sisters showed no mercy to me, either.  Oh the berating and belittlement they heaped upon me, quite richly deserved. 

Anyway, dandi gets a H5 for his "banning" comment.  Astute.  Banning is so easy, it's good for lazy people. 

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 10:32:41 AM »

Insane.

I high-5'ed you, too.

Probably the two most-used functions at DU are the "Alert" button and the "igonore" function.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 11:27:31 AM »
Mz Pip  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) http://www.democraticunde...l&address=389x5492951
      Sun Apr-19-09 10:10 PM
Original message

I don't have much of a family being an only child and both parents are deceased. The only family on my mom's side I've kept in touch with over the years is my cousin's wife. That's over as of tonight.

Thank you for taking the burden of your loathesome stupidity off the back of your perhaps-too-charitable relation.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 11:45:13 AM »
Ever wonder why we've never heard of a liberal politician talking about "compassionate liberalism"?  The two are mutually exclusive. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.