Author Topic: DUmmies need to read this.  (Read 545 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
DUmmies need to read this.
« on: April 17, 2009, 02:20:06 PM »
Mods, I know this isn't from the DUmp but I know the DUmmies, being the egotists they are, come here to read about themselves.  I just thought they needed to see some of these;

"Property is the fruit of labor...property is desirable...is a positive good in the world. That some should be rich shows that others may become rich, and hence is just encouragement to industry and enterprise. Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another; but let him labor diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built."

"We all declare for liberty; but in using the same word we do not all mean the same thing. With some the word liberty may mean for each man to do as he pleases with himself, and the product of his labor; while with others, the same word may mean for some men to do as they please with other men, and the product of other men's labor. Here are two, not only different, but incompatible things, called by the same name - liberty. And it follows that each of the things is, by the respective parties, called by two different and incompatible names - liberty and tyranny."

"If all do not join now to save the good old ship of the Union this voyage nobody will have a chance to pilot her on another voyage."

"Stand with anybody that stands RIGHT. Stand with him while he is right and PART with him when he goes wrong."

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future. All these are links in the endless chain stretching from the finite to the infinite."

I post these quotes in reference to the idiots at the DUmp who are trashing the Tea Parties.  Let them figure out who the quotes are from.

KC

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: DUmmies need to read this.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 02:39:13 PM »
Any bets that the libs give credit to Ronald Reagan for those quotes?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 03:25:17 PM »
Quote from:
"Property is the fruit of labor...property is desirable...is a positive good in the world. That some should be rich shows that others may become rich, and hence is just encouragement to industry and enterprise. Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another; but let him labor diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built."

Thanks, I was looking for this quote yesterday.  This is the one the dimwitted CNN reporter in Chicago had no clue about when it was referenced.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 10:13:26 AM »
I see the DUmmies talking about Thomas Jefferson a lot.  I wonder how they would feel about these quotes?

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto.

Delay is preferable to error.

Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it.

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories.

Ok, DUmmies.  There are some more quotes for you from someone you like to talk about but not emulate.

KC

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen