Author Topic: axeing primitive seeks to purchase dangerous weapons  (Read 1911 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
axeing primitive seeks to purchase dangerous weapons
« on: December 30, 2008, 05:49:12 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4735323

Oh my.

burythehatchet  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-29-08 11:40 PM
Original message

Today I went to purchase three items at the Lowe's home improvememt store

a machete, a branch lopper, and a mailbox.

I looked everywhere but could not find anything that was manufactured in the US. The only products available were all, every single one, made in China. The products were cheap, plastic, inferior products.

I had little choice but to purchase these products.

I could not believe how sad this made me.

I don't think a primitive should be allowed to purchase two of those three things, as they can be weapons to attack decent and civilized people.

One can't trust the primitives.

Anyway, the axeing primitive is missing the point.

Because of the demand for cheap goods, well, one gets what one pays for.

Hydra  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-29-08 11:43 PM
Response to Original message

1. Similar story last year

We has a little money and wanted to get a set of drawers. Hard enough to get made in the US, IMPOSSIBLE to get in solid wood. I was beginning to wonder if I'd have to make it myself.

efhmc  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-29-08 11:43 PM

2. Try finding something safe to cook food in for your family.

Because of the demand for cheap food, well, one gets what one pays for.

Veganistan  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-29-08 11:44 PM

3. If you have any ACE or True Value hardware stores, they tend to carry more

American made products. Don't get me wrong, they carry plenty of Chinese crap too, and of course you pay a little more, but I've found better equipment at these stores.

Of course.  Ace Hardware is the greatest.  I buy my cookware, dinnerware, small kitchen appliances, gardening tools, Christmas gifts, birthday presents, bath towels, cat litter boxes, &c., &c., &c., at Ace Hardware, made in America stuff but at cheap imported goods prices.

It could very well be that this is the least "made in China" home in America.

burythehatchet  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-29-08 11:45 PM
Response to Reply #3

6. I wonder if there is actually a great deal more demand for US made products than we are led to believe. Frickin Walmart.

No, there isn't, and especially among the primitives demanding cheap goods.

Has anyone here ever been in a primitive house?  I have.

specimenfred1984 (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-29-08 11:59 PM
Response to Reply #3

11. Home Depot's CEO recently suggested dems "should be shot"

http://bravenewfilms.org/blog/63716-home-depot-ceo-a-ce...

It's a wonderful country the U.S. has turned into, a torturous, spying, election-rigging, bailout of fascists, lie factory.

Oh my.

I went to the link to see if what the stool specimen primitive said is true, given that primitives lie about the contents of links they post, but alas it's a sound video.  Can anyone here with ears take a look, and confirm if the guy actually said that?

marmar  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-29-08 11:45 PM

5. I just took a look around the kitchen......NOTHING made in the USA. 

Not the coffeemaker, dishes, microwave.....Nothing.

And I'll bet they're all cheap goods, too, because the marmalade primitive's too tight to buy quality products.

Orrex  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-30-08 12:07 AM

14. The last time I had to buy a pair of end-nippers, I bought Channellock

A fine product, manufactured close to home in Meadville, PA.

Well, the good people at Lowe's no longer stock this item. Instead, they offer a similar product made in China. And it costs $2.00 more.

Channellocks are great, the best pliers in the world.  Wouldn't have any other.

But with all these primitives running around demanding cheap goods.....

Husb2Sparkly  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-30-08 12:17 AM

16. Every now and again, I post the "look around" challenge .....

..... I pick a room and then suggest people look around and try to find anything less than a few years old that was made in the USA.

The list is always very small.

And getting smaller.

Hmmm.  One suspects the sparkling husband primitive, who didn't make the cut for the runners-up of the Top 10 DUmmies of 2008, has a house--and many rental units--chock full of cheap goods.

And here we get a nice little stretchy, primitives putting words into the mouths of small children:

bevoette (390 posts)      Tue Dec-30-08 12:18 AM

17. my 6 year old niece is CONSTANTLY walking around looking...at where things are made

sometimes we play a game while i'm cooking and she's hanging out in the kitchen with me: she starts looking at things - refrigerator magnets, utensils, stools, toothpick dispenser, whatever - trying to find something "Made in USA". i count, and we see how long it takes

she asks regularly "how come everything is made in China?" in this totally exasperated voice

i've told her it's because there are a LOT of people in China and they make a LOT of stuff so they can make money because our country decided to buy their stuff instead of making our own

she said "how come we don't make our own? then we could keep the money!"

so i don't know what floors me more - that at 6 yoa, it even DAWNS on her to think about where things are made...or how easily she sees the solution when so many in charge don't

Gilligan  (1000+ posts)      Tue Dec-30-08 12:41 AM

24. An observation:

makes me wonder...

User name: burythehatchet

buying a machete and a branch lopper...

If you had included a hundred square feet of plastic drop cloth, duct tape and bleach I would begin to wonder what the mailbox was REALLY for.

Yeah, franksolich wonders about that too.

TheGoldenRule  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-30-08 01:18 AM

28. The quality of Made in China crap has gotten worse-it's hard to believe it's possible but it is.

I have noticed the difference quite distinctly with many products this past year from clothing to small appliances to garden tools to even something as cheap as a shower curtain.

The quality is so bad that I didn't bother replacing our broken microwave that was less than a year old. I also ended up buying a Mr. Coffee cheapo coffee maker because it was NO different than the more expensive Braun coffee maker that I had planned on buying until I saw how crappy it was.

It's bad. Real bad.

It's bad because the golden rude primitive's looking for cheap goods.

And the Perry Como primitive, the chronically unemployed fat one:

Perragrande  (1000+ posts)      Tue Dec-30-08 03:41 AM

31. I've got lots of old and very solid kitchen stuff.

I have lots of Corning Ware, made in Corning, NY.

Pyrex, made by Corning.

Stainless steel pots made in the USA.

Table Dinnerware made in the U.S.A. Syracuse is still making china for restaurants.

I got two sterling silver bell Christmas ornaments with the Wallace and Towle name on them--old American brands, and they were both made in China.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: axeing primitive seeks to purchase dangerous weapons
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 07:53:23 AM »
These people look for shit to be pissed off about.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline djones520

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 07:57:41 AM »
Machete's are made out of plastic now?
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 08:01:18 AM »

The handles. The moron could have always went to a cutlery shop to get one made in the US, and with a more durable handle, but it would have cost him probably 10 times what he paid. He's just looking for something to be pissed off about so he can bring it to the DUmp and give all the other DUmbasses a reason to be pissed off. I guess the idiots use it, and things like it, as a way to blame their failures on something else, other than themselves.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 08:09:08 AM »
The handles. The moron could have always went to a cutlery shop to get one made in the US, and with a more durable handle, but it would have cost him probably 10 times what he paid. He's just looking for something to be pissed off about so he can bring it to the DUmp and give all the other DUmbasses a reason to be pissed off. I guess the idiots use it, and things like it, as a way to blame their failures on something else, other than themselves.

But you know, the prospect of a primitive running loose with a machete is, uh, rather disturbing.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 08:25:35 AM »
These people look for shit to be pissed off about.

And they will never lay the blame at the feet of the person that allowed the U.S. to be flooded with all these cheap products made in China.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 09:49:15 AM »
The only decent machetes are Ontario Knife ones.  Easy to find on-line through survival and shooting sports retailers, but not carried by any major hardware retailer because you have to pay a quality price to get a quality product, and they cost four times what the cheap, lightweight, and utterly useless ones carried by hardware/building/big-box stores do.  Also the only place you can find the heavy-duty milsurp green plastic sleeves to replace cheap-ass cloth scabbards.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 10:12:07 AM »
A machete made in America would probably cost $500.00 because of union dues, union wages and liability insurance.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »
All of my firearms are made in the USA and all the ammo.  Although I am looking at an SKS so that may change.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 02:11:24 PM »
specimenfred1984 (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-29-08 11:59 PM
Response to Reply #3

11. Home Depot's CEO recently suggested dems "should be shot"

As ALL traitors to the United States of America should.

"Bernie Marcus for President!!!111"

And now, a message from the source of our inspiration:

►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 02:15:09 PM »

Shhh...the DUmmy is on a roll...let's not let stupidity ruin their fantasy.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 02:26:36 PM »
Lies, all around -

Mailbox at Lowes - http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=258955-64152-5506S&lpage=none
And the manufacturers page -- http://www.architecturalmailboxes.com/default.aspx  "America's leading manufacturer of premium mailboxes"

Mailboxes are made of powder coated steel with brass accents.

Lopper at Lowes  - http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=82581-63731-SL6500D&lpage=none
Machete at Lowes http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=201946-63731-MA60041D

Both of the products have steel handles, covered with plastic/rubber grips, read the Lowes desriptions

Manufacturers page - http://www.coronaclipper.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=cControllerFrontend.fControlFrontendCompanyAbout - Was US based until 2000 Bought out by a Spanish company.

Offline Airwolf

MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 05:18:14 PM »
I went to the link to see if what the stool specimen primitive said is true, given that primitives lie about the contents of links they post, but alas it's a sound video.  Can anyone here with ears take a look, and confirm if the guy actually said that?

Coach, all the file was was the "young Turk" idiot "quoting" the Home Depot CEO.  Said idiot (different from a primitive, in that he hasn't proved himself worthy to be a primitive--yet) just read from a sheet of paper, as opposed to having the sound of said CEO actually saying the quote in question.

What a douchebag the "quoter" is.  In the future, if said douchebag is going to make such an accusation, he should have the audio of the quote--it makes him more credible in the eyes of the world.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 05:42:39 PM »
I got a most excellent American-made machete off of CheaperThanDirt a couple of years ago. Has a serrated back edge for sawing through the larger branches (or bones... mwahaha) that a stiff swing won't take care of. Even came with a really nice rubber sheath. (Keeps the blood stains at bay)

edit: Reading posts further up, I believe it is an Ontario.. so maybe it's Canadian-made, close enough I guess, North American-made.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 05:48:52 PM by crockspot »

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 06:16:24 PM »
I think the Dewy Cox brand machetes are US made.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 06:28:13 PM »
Mine was made in Honduras. ...and it's a piece of shit.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2008, 06:57:20 PM »
You know, forgive my utter ignorance, but what use would one possibly have for a machete, unless one is chopping sugar cane in Honduras or Cuba?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 07:08:34 PM »
You know, forgive my utter ignorance, but what use would one possibly have for a machete, unless one is chopping sugar cane in Honduras or Cuba?
A machete fight.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 07:09:43 PM »
Oh hey!  Maybe the prim is planning on moving to Cuba to get some of that thar free health care they got there.  Probably need a machete for that.
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2008, 07:25:50 PM »
axeing primitive seeks to purchase dangerous weapons
a machete, a branch lopper, and a mailbox.

I got a chuckle out of that. :-)

And you're right... Ace Hardware is the best.  I've been to every automotive and hardware store within ten miles since I bought that motorcycle and I have never had a problem finding exactly what I needed at Ace.  The rest of them are an overpriced, understocked waste of time.  I'm convinced Advanced Auto should be renamed "The floor mat, shitty wheel cover, and cardboard air freshener store".
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 07:29:16 PM »
I missed this earlier -- More lies about Lowes from another primitive -

Quote from: Orrex
Orrex  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-30-08 12:07 AM

14. The last time I had to buy a pair of end-nippers, I bought Channellock

A fine product, manufactured close to home in Meadville, PA.

Well, the good people at Lowe's no longer stock this item. Instead, they offer a similar product made in China. And it costs $2.00 more.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=69645-922-357&lpage=none
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=39560-922-35-250&lpage=none

These DUmmies need to do more fact-checking and less cheerleading.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 04:19:20 AM »
These DUmmies need to do more fact-checking and less cheerleading.

It's all about their feelings.  They feel slighted, so it must me so.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 09:09:53 AM »

While I really like Duke's answer, I'd have to say in the Nebraska Sandhills, "Not much."  In the primrose-choked mountain stream gorges of the Ozarks where I live, though, lots.  A good point-heavy machete, in the 20"+ range (like an Ontario or some of the Cold Steel numbers), is an excellent tool for working one's way through even the densest overgrowth of thorny rose, berry, greenbriar etc. vines.  They are great for backpacking, being lighter and far more versatile than a hatchet but able to chop up anything a hatchet could handle...invaluable for the woodsman or primitive camper.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 09:21:19 AM by DumbAss Tanker »
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 09:19:23 AM »

Clearing away underbrush, clearing trails through the woods, or other things like that.