Author Topic: Yarn Fanatics?  (Read 4585 times)

Offline Tnafbrat

• Mama D, Evil Queen and Resident Raghead
  • Don't make me get my flying monkeys
Yarn Fanatics?
« on: January 28, 2009, 02:22:50 PM »
Am I the only knitter/crocheter yarnaholic around?
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Buy me stuff and I'll be nicer!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Yarn Fanatics?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 02:24:04 PM »
I'm sure you're not, but be patient; it might take a couple of days before someone who is, responds.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 06:36:13 PM »
I wouldn't say I'm a yarnaholic, but I do enjoy crochet.  I've tried to knit, but never got fast enough to make it fun.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Tnafbrat

• Mama D, Evil Queen and Resident Raghead
  • Don't make me get my flying monkeys
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 10:45:48 AM »
I started out crocheting.  My aunts taught me about 15 years ago and I wore myself out crocheting afghans.  I dearly love sweaters and tried crocheting sweaters but they were too bulky for me.  That's when I switched to knitting.  As a tension reliever  :-)  Lets put it this way, we've got a saying " I knit so I don't kill someone"  :evillaugh:

It's not the speed for me, it's the process it'self
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Buy me stuff and I'll be nicer!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 12:38:18 PM »
I've got a tension reliever, and it sure is't knitting......

:tongue:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 05:33:05 PM »
I started out crocheting.  My aunts taught me about 15 years ago and I wore myself out crocheting afghans.  I dearly love sweaters and tried crocheting sweaters but they were too bulky for me.  That's when I switched to knitting.  As a tension reliever  :-)  Lets put it this way, we've got a saying " I knit so I don't kill someone"  :evillaugh:

It's not the speed for me, it's the process it'self
I don't crochet just for something to do, it's always something sort-of needed.  I've made Christmas stockings for most of my family, and tried to make them somewhat original, or reflecting the intended user, so they can take a lot of time.  I also enjoy making blankies for each new baby, though I have missed a couple through the years. 

I'm sure that knitting would be even better for baby things, it's so much softer...but I don't have all that much time. 

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline SOFTBALL#4GRAMA

• Just Off Probation
  • The Tribe
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 11:29:52 AM »
I am not a yarnaholic, but I am a Crochetaholic....If I am sitting down, I have a hook and yarn or thread in my hands creating something....Just finished a doily and started another one...Also recently made pictureghans for my husband and grandson....The one for hubby is one with the Ohio state Logo in the center, and the grandsons has the US Army logo, and his name on it.....I can't sit without having my hands and fingers working....
"Liberals are like slinkies.They're really good for nothing, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Offline Oceander

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 11:31:29 AM »
I used to knit, back when I had time for such things.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 03:03:37 PM »
I'm a knitter

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 07:49:20 PM »
I do both but like crocheting more the knitting needles hurt LOL
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline Aaron Burr

• Evil Conservative
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 10:52:08 PM »
Ah. I thought this was the thread for Yam Fanatics. One of my glass eyes must have worked itself loose and may be rolling around like a hubcap on a deserted Texas highway.

Excuse me while I consult with an Optometrist.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 09:15:31 AM »
I knit.  Half scarves.  I have alot of half scarves. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 09:35:05 AM »

Seriously, I've been knitting for about 5 years, and I've finished one scarf in that time.  I have two half finished scarfs I'm slowly working on.  Scarfs take a long time. Try socks, they are more fun  :-)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 09:44:02 AM »
Seriously, I've been knitting for about 5 years, and I've finished one scarf in that time.  I have two half finished scarfs I'm slowly working on.  Scarfs take a long time. Try socks, they are more fun

Yeah, but doesn't that involve counting and stuff????  I, also have been knitting, for 5 years or so.  I have one completed scarf, and one completed ribbon  (a scarf about 10 stitches across.) I have 4 or 5 different potholders, from started scarves, because I got bored.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline SOFTBALL#4GRAMA

• Just Off Probation
  • The Tribe
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 10:24:32 AM »

Put them together and make one long scarf out of those half scarves...It would be one of a kind thats for sure...LOL...

I hated knitting, but have never ever tired of crocheting....Just got some instructions now that Anniies attic has out, on knit 1 purl2 but it is done crocheting...sounds like a challenge to me, and looking at the instructions, it may be the death of me trying to learn it.....
"Liberals are like slinkies.They're really good for nothing, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 10:07:42 PM »
I've always wanted to learn to knit.But haven't attempted it yet. Not enough time. I have crocheted about 6 American flags 4'x6' for my son and nephews,many years ago. The stars were tedious.
There will always be "Battles" to fight.